• Please log in to reply
4523 replies to this topic

jrhende

jrhende

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Went to 10.5.5 and saw some issues.  After reboot kept getting bios corrupted/defaulted.  My mobo is an EX58-EXTREME so I crossflashed to F13 EX58-UD5 and used d00d's latest DSDT.  Also he had a link to applertc patch for cmos reset.  That problem was solved.  Next problem was after sleep my audio device was gone.  I got lucky here in that apparently 10.5.5 overwrote the original AppleHDA kext.  Went back to digital_dreamer's kext and that problem is gone.  So my sleep works perfect.  Rarely do I shutdown/reboot so this was the #1 priority.  Audio has pop coming out of sleep but big deal.  My shutdown/restart is a little flaky but I'm considering the transition to Yosemite done.  

so long and thanks for all the fish digital_dreamer and d00d

mangopeach

mangopeach

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

btw you mean 10.10.5 right?

jrhende

jrhende

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Yes I meant 10.10.5.  Came here to start looking to do 10.11 Beta in anticipation of final release.  This last update may be the end of the road for my mobo even though it has worked awesomely.  

VirusX

VirusX

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

I installed El Capitan public beta on a spare partition - works with the same patches that also work in Yosemite. I haven't tested all the options but as far as networking, audio, sleep, etc goes, Clover does a good job :)

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy