• Please log in to reply
4496 replies to this topic

jhrfc

jhrfc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Question to you guys running 10.8/10.8.1: Is the OS on EX58-UD5 completely stable (comparable to Lion)?
Running 10.7.4 right now and almost everything works (i7 920, GTX 260, MBR Dual Boot, no RAID). Just asking because I ran into a lot of work and need a stable system. Can't stop thinking of Mountain Lion though, there just too many nice features ;)

for me i would say yes. similar system although my boot disk is guid partition not mbr. The biggest problem i had was graphics, chameleon injection wouldn't work anymore, so i extracted my device properties form lion, and injected that via the boot plist. apart form that, my same DSDT works right from leopard. I use a DSDT that works with native apple audio kexts, if you don't then you may need to find the right custom/patched kext to work for you.
also see above about optical drive.
I did a clean install and migrated user files, but re-installed apps manually, i always find that the safest.

itdoesnotwork

itdoesnotwork

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
Thanks for your answer, installed ML today :)
I decided to give the migration assistant a try and let it copy programs too (mainly because of mail settings and some other program data). I am still stunned, it worked absolutely flawlessly... Maybe not the cleanest way, but honestly EVERYTHING is there just like I left it. Didn't have to reinstall anything, even programs which have an own installer still work (Office, Creative Suite, ...).

Only sleep does not work yet, even with my previous DSDT. Will check on that tomorrow, not so important now ;)

Thanks for the new script, install disk crator with hackinstaller is great! Only EFI string generation is missing during install - my graphics card doesn't work without it anymore.

And thanks Apple for creating an OS that simply works :)

Philipp30

Philipp30

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Just before no one is gonna tell.

10.8.1 can be installed just as it is, no post install procedures necessary.

Philipp30

Philipp30

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
but i have an issue, working with 10.8

I use d00d's power modifications.
I have sleep, restart, wake working with patched rtc and dsl

Problem is, machine gets to sleep even when burning a DVD.
I have an LG Blu Ray burner installed.

Philipp

itdoesnotwork

itdoesnotwork

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
Could anyone post a DSDT that enables sleep for 10.8.1 on EX58-ud5? Can't get it working with my previous DSDT. Installed only AppleRTC and FakeSMC from Misc Patches...

EDIT: solved, patched AppleRTC is not only required for CMOS reset fix (which can be achieved with DSDT too), but also for sleep.

Note: I did not create/patch this kext. Thanks to creator!

Attached Files

iceage2609

iceage2609

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Guys i did the update to 10.8.2 and i got in -V mode

Kerel extensions in backtrace :
org.navi.OemSMBIOS (1.0) and hangs there.

Any ideas ?

everdone

everdone

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
OemSmbios is a plugin in FAKESMC.kext, delete it from FAKESMC and retry.

iceage2609

iceage2609

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

I dont have FakeSMC.kext in S/l/e, only in extra directory.
Delete FAKESMC or only the plugin inside it ?

iceage2609

iceage2609

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Ok it worked. E/E and then show packages on fakeSMC.kext ( Plugins and delete the

org.navi.OemSMBIOS ) After that update permissions and kernel cache and reboot.

Thanks

bbchucks

bbchucks

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Ok it worked. E/E and then show packages on fakeSMC.kext ( Plugins and delete the

org.navi.OemSMBIOS ) After that update permissions and kernel cache and reboot.

Thanks

Ran into the same issue...thanks for posting the fix up here!!

@ROBASEFR

@ROBASEFR

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Ran into the same issue...thanks for posting the fix up here!!

+1 Update to 10.8.2
No problems for me with QE/CI Exotic patch for HD4850
The script is awesome
:thumbsup_anim:

Cosmin Petre

Cosmin Petre

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Can anyone shine any light on what it is that this plugin does? Any loss of functionality after removal?

itdoesnotwork

itdoesnotwork

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
Instead of removing the plug-in, you can also install this ACPI kext to S/L/E.

I think it's just a previous version of the kext (10.8.1 or something), but not entirely sure about that. Just found that solution on the web...

Attached Files

Sidewinder33

Sidewinder33

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Hey everyone,

I'm in need of your smarts. Everything is working great in ML 10.8.1 except for 1 thing, sleep/wake. I have the patched RTC installed, and didn't have any issues with sleep in Lion. When I put the computer to sleep with button or view menu, the comp goes to sleep no problem (so I am thinking) but when I wake it up, via mouse, keyboard or other I restart as if the computer was shutdown. I'm not exactly sure whats going on since it worked great in Lion. I'm using CruiSAr's patched DSDT, with only Fakesmc, AppleRTC, and ionetworking kext's. All are installed in S/L/E. I'd post my system log but I for lie life of me cant remember where the sleep command is posted to the log.

Any help is much appreciated, it doesn't seem like anyone else is having this specific issue, so I'm asking the experts for help.

Thanks Guys,
Jeff

VirusX

VirusX

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
go to system preferences then energy saver and check if 'start up automatically after a power failure' is checked. I'm using CruiSAr's DSDT as well since Snow Leo and sleep is working :)

edit: and uncheck 'wake for Ethernet network access'. This caused my hackintosh to wake every 2 hours and go back to sleep 1 minute after waking. this was annoying!

Sidewinder33

Sidewinder33

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Hey VirusX,

start up after... isnt checked, I did have ethernet access checked I'll see if that changes anything....

VirusX

VirusX

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
'start up automatically after a power failure' HAS to be checked. Otherwise your hackintosh will always restart when waking up.
Does that help?

Sidewinder33

Sidewinder33

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

'start up automatically after a power failure' HAS to be checked. Otherwise your hackintosh will always restart when waking up.
Does that help?

Does that help?

Virus, you just solved my last issue with ML :-) I can now get back to using my Hac with all its old regularity... thank you very much.

Chekistus

Chekistus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I'm at lost here. I justing installed ML using the latest version of this script (7.1) last Friday. At first, shutdown didn't work so I used the script to add OpenHaltRestart to /Extra and /S/L/E. It seemed to resolve my shutdown issue. However, since yesterday, the shutdown issue has come back and OpenHaltRestart doesn't seem to do the job anymore. Please advise.

Basically, the screen goes black but the fan in the case still spins.

EDIT: Bootloader is Chameleon version that came with script 7.1 since it wasn't able to get anything newer online.

I have same problem. Anyone solve it?

@ROBASEFR

@ROBASEFR

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
I use this Chameleon version 2.1 r2069 with dsdt from d00d and no OpenHaltrestart kext at all !

:thumbsup_anim:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy