[GUIDE] Scripted Yosemite/Mavericks Install on Gigabyte Mobos

4,696 posts in this topic

If I update just my bootloader that is currently on my 10.5.7 (RC2) to the RC3 and nothing else, should my 10.5.7 still boot? Reason I am asking here is because after that I would like to upgrade to 10.6.

I am in the process of practicing on another drive to make sure it doesnt break anything, but if anyone has already done this please let me know.

Are you trying to work without the DSDT file, too?

If so, try the PC-EFI v10 bootloader - it will allow the system to move ahead without it.

MAJ

I am using the DSDT

EDIT:

On a side note, I tried upgrading to 10.6 again from 10.5.7 and during the Chameleon boot all of the code with Loaded HPF+ file keep scrolling

after about a minute it goes to the black screen with the writing. with REALTEK as the start of a lot of the codings.

then DSMOS arrived then back to REALTEK

then freezes at dyid: shared cached file was build against a different libSystem.dylib, ignoring cache

Hey there!

I have a Powercolor HD4870 1Gb and was able to make video work perfectly using this EVOEnabler.kext (link: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=55152). Simply install it to the Extra folder and it should work fine (it did for me!).

MAJ: Congratulations for your great work. You're truly an asset to this community! I have a GA-EX58-UD4P and Ethernet, as well as audio, don't work. SL seems to see the port, but it says that it has a self assigned IP, etc. As for audio, I know that even if I have the same Realtek chipset as the UD5, there may be a slightly different configuration that could cause the whole AppleHDA setup to fail. For Ethernet, I tried moving the kexts back and forth to Extra and System, and of course rebuilding the cache, but it didn't seem to work. As for audio, the UD5 AppleHDA worked with 10.5.7 so I have never really looked into modifying it.

The build will go to sleep perfectly (S3) but won't awake (well it will, but my monitors stay at sleep). This doesn't bother me much but I wanted to mention it.

Thanks for your help and let me know if you need more information from me!

Alex :)

I have club3d hd4870, i quess they are same chip as both them have flickering problem at windows side. i use the evoenabler.kext, and it works fine.

i have ga-ex58-ds4 motherboard, and it have same problems as you have. haven't got any audio work what ever i have try. not dsdt patch or applehda patch or anything helped. one got it showing some the builtin audio on systeminfo, but it didin't show anything at system preferences. So needed to use voodoohda.kext and use front audio jack, and only stereo.

i haven't got realtekr1000.kext working on 64bit mode, it show's it active, but don't get ip from dhcp.

Sometimes when it got stuck, you need to take power cord of you machine, and wait 20-30 seconds.

And startup again, that should fix it. And it works fine at 32bit mode.

voodoohda and realtekr1000 kext is at /S/L/E folder, and other kexts are in EFI folder.

didin't get those work from EFI folder.

My computer also goes sleep very well, but it don't wakeup. i quess it's the display card problem.

Well, the RAID set I'm referring to are Apple's softraid, not the hardware-based RAID your Windows system may be using. That's why nothing showed up in RAIDlist. Thanks for you effort, though!

MAJ

I'm not actually using the RAID for my windows system because I couldn't be bothered going through all the tricks to get Windows 7 working on the same HD as my OS X install.

I used your 3.7 script to install 10.5.7 onto my RAID and it works great. I didn't have to perform any additional steps for the install either. I'll probably be attempting an SL install this weekend so I'll report back as to whether your 4.01 script works just as easily for my RAID setup.

EDIT: I think I'd be able to make audio work using VoodooHDA. As for the Ethernet, I looked at Extensions in System Profiler and it looks like RealtekR1000 isn't being loaded or something. Is it supposed to be installed in Extra or System ?

RealtekR1000 on the UD4P board definitely has to be in S/L/E and you must be botting with 32bit flag, otherwise it wont work.

It sounds like maybe your kext is in S/L/E but you botting in 64bit. I had the same issue where in 64bit it keeps assigning it a self IP, not a legit one. If you are using the Chameleon2 RC3, make sure your 32bit flag is "arch=i386" without the quotes and not the "-x32" one.

Dixit

Thanks DD, great script. Took a few tries but I got it working pretty well.

For anyone trying to get this to work on an EVGA x58 SLI and Geforce 260 I did the following,

1. Installed 10.5 on a separate hard drive.

2. Generated an EFI string for my Geforce 260 using gfx util and aquamac's guide.

3. Installed Chameleon RC3, made partition active

4. Installed Snow Leopard deselecting ALL optional packages.

5. Removed AppleHDA and added VoodooHDA

6. Ran kext installer and set realtek to go into system folder (bonjour wouldn't work otherwise).

7. Added efi string to bootlist and arch=i386 to kernel flags.

8. Booted up snow leopard, updated bootcache, and everything works great!

Thanks again DD and good luck everyone!

Hello... This is my first osx86 build. I finally managed to (mostly) figure out what I was doing and install everything. I have gotten almost everything to work except for two annoying things.

1. Ethernet issues - Probably the same as everyone else... It works sometimes, and sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't, shutting down the machine, unplugging for 10 seconds and rebooting seems to work sometimes. But other times, my network settings (Using DHCP) don't correctly find the router, and my internet doesn't work. Last time I lost ethernet, I had to reboot about 3 times before it worked correctly - so very annoying.

Question: Has anyone else found a fix for this besides buying the macbook air adapter or what I am already doing?

2. Shutdown - This doesn't work. When I choose shutdown, my computer logs out, and but doesn't turn off -- it reboots. Shutdown works perfectly in Windows.

Question: Am I missing a kext for to enable shutdown?

Kexts installed:

ATA VERSION ARCH SIZE DESTINATION

1) AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext 2.5.1 x86_64 280K /Extra

2) IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext 1.1.1 N/A 4K /System

3) JMicronATA.kext 1.0.0 x86_64 180K /System

Audio

4) ALC889a.kext 99 N/A 72K /System

5) AppleHDA.kext 1.4.0a23 i386 1.2M /System

6) HDAEnabler.kext 1.0.0d1 i386 36K /System

Graphics

7) ATY_Init.kext 1.0.0d1 i386 520K /System

Networking

8) RealtekR1000.kext 1.8.1 x86_64 204K /System

Misc Patches

9) dsmos.kext 1.0.0d1 x86_64 76K /Extra

10) fakesmc.kext 1 x86_64 116K /System

11) NullCPUPowerManagement.kext 1.0.0d2 x86_64 116K /Extra

12) OpenHaltRestart.kext 1.0.3 x86_64 100K /Extra

13) PlatformUUID.kext 1.0.0 x86_64 104K /Extra

14) Sleepenabler.kext 1.0.0 x86_64 132K /Extra

My System:

Mobo: GA-EX58-UD5

CPU: i7 920 @2.66Ghz

GPU: EVGA 9800GTX+

RAM: 6GB DDR3

1. Ethernet issues - Probably the same as everyone else... It works sometimes, and sometimes it doesn't.

2. Shutdown - This doesn't work. When I choose shutdown, my computer logs out, and but doesn't turn off -- it reboots. Shutdown works perfectly in Windows.

If people keep repeating posts about ethernet this thread is going to quickly become as large as the last thread. From my understanding ethernet should work if you into 32bit mode and you shouldn't have any need to boot into 64bit mode. If you choose to unnecessarily boot into 64bit then you need modified kext to do so (please don't post here asking about it).

I have the same issue with shutdown in my 10.5.8 build and also can't send my computer to sleep. I know that the sleep problem is caused by using the JMicron ports and I suspect the shutdown problem is also caused by this.

Can you post how you got your 9600 gt wworking?

Thanks for a great script/tutorial...

I followed it. Worked great with my ga-ex58-ud3r. Two hickups (at least) to go:

1. On board ehternet is not working (works fine in both Kalyway (on another disk) and iAtkos v7... and on Windows 7 where I'm typing now.

2. Get a working driver/setting for my Geforce 9600GT.

But I see a light in the tunnel now. Thanks.

Can you verify that u get QE/CI to work with your graphics card? if yes can u tell me how you did it thanks?

Hello... This is my first osx86 build. I finally managed to (mostly) figure out what I was doing and install everything. I have gotten almost everything to work except for two annoying things.

1. Ethernet issues - Probably the same as everyone else... It works sometimes, and sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't, shutting down the machine, unplugging for 10 seconds and rebooting seems to work sometimes. But other times, my network settings (Using DHCP) don't correctly find the router, and my internet doesn't work. Last time I lost ethernet, I had to reboot about 3 times before it worked correctly - so very annoying.

Question: Has anyone else found a fix for this besides buying the macbook air adapter or what I am already doing?

Kexts installed:

Audio

Graphics

Networking

Misc Patches

My System:

Hi digital_dreamer. You have put a lot of work in to this and it looks good, I will have to sit down and have a read sometime. And I like the look or your script.... Somebody only yesterday was asking my advice for installing SL on to an i7 system, so I might just have to point them this way! Good work. :P

Kexts installed:

Audio

Graphics

Networking

Misc Patches

My System:

Hey, I have almost the same configuration as you, look at my post HERE and the list of kexts, everything except the sleep works for me without any problem. Netkas CLICK writes that "p.s. uninstall dsmos.kext before using it".

Remove dsmos.kext, rebuild the boot cache and see if it is ok...?

I hope I'll help a little...

Hi All

@ Edvardlee

To have my Saphhire HD4870 1G (Dual DVID working), I used :

ATY_Init.kext

Natit.kext

In /System

As they are i386 kexts, they don't work in /Extra.

The tricky thing is explained by Digital Dreamer in his tuto :

You have to build the cache for snow in -s mode before attempting to boot with that kind of card, or you'll get a corrupted video (or a black screen). only if you installed from leo.

Actually, i confirm DD's suspicion on HD4870 regarding Dith problem a few posts earlier.

In -v, just after showing a lot of REALTEK lines, the screen can go black suddenly, and nothing seems to happen, but the system is loading, only without the video card... I had the same thing until I build caches with both kexts in /System

I'm now gonna give EFI strings a try, as I'd rather use thatt method.

Regarding the random CPU panic some people report about, I had the same as I was trying to run SL from the bootloader of another physical drive.

As DD said, just use F12 at boot, and select the drive where SL is installed, even you have the same bootloader somewhere else.

At least, it worked for me.

Hope it helps a bit.

J

Hi All

@ Edvardlee

To have my Saphhire HD4870 1G (Dual DVID working), I used :

ATY_Init.kext

Natit.kext

In /System

As they are i386 kexts, they don't work in /Extra.

The tricky thing is explained by Digital Dreamer in his tuto :

You have to build the cache for snow in -s mode before attempting to boot with that kind of card, or you'll get a corrupted video (or a black screen). only if you installed from leo.

Actually, i confirm DD's suspicion on HD4870 regarding Dith problem a few posts earlier.

In -v, just after showing a lot of REALTEK lines, the screen can go black suddenly, and nothing seems to happen, but the system is loading, only without the video card... I had the same thing until I build caches with both kexts in /System

I'm now gonna give EFI strings a try, as I'd rather use thatt method.

Regarding the random CPU panic some people report about, I had the same as I was trying to run SL from the bootloader of another physical drive.

As DD said, just use F12 at boot, and select the drive where SL is installed, even you have the same bootloader somewhere else.

At least, it worked for me.

Hope it helps a bit.

J

I have the Sapphire 4870 512MB :)

I'm using the EVOENABLER advised earlier by Alex and it's working great now. I guess the lack of the natit.kext caused my issue while using ATY_init.kext.

Trying to get sound working using the DSDT patching method now. Hopefully I'm almost there but DSDT patching is all quite new to me.

Okay, Now I'm using PCEFI V10-2 and the boot freeze on :

AppleTyMCEDriver::start coreVIDPID = 0xfffffff Number of packages = 1 Number of cpus = 8 memory monitor trough MCA

Someone Can Help Me Please ????

This is what was happening to me too, except there was some random realtek messages showing up around it. It seems to be related to the videocard. What videocard do you have?

I Have a Gainward HD4870 1Go.

What I can do ?

I tried the boot with an other graphic card and the boot freeze at the same line :

AppleTyMCEDriver::start coreVIDPID = 0xfffffff Number of packages = 1 Number of cpus = 8 memory monitor trough MCA

That can be the DSDT file ???

Because I used PCEFI V10-2 without any DSDT.aml file.

I Have a Gainward HD4870 1Go.

What I can do ?

I tried the boot with an other graphic card and the boot freeze at the same line :

That can be the DSDT file ???

Because I used PCEFI V10-2 without any DSDT.aml file.

Remove ATY_init.kext and replace it with evoenabler.kext, rebuild caches and reboot. Should be working fine after that.

http://www.kexts.com/view/6-evoenabler.kext.html

Thank Alex for pointing out how to solve this problem :)

hey all

first of all MAJOR THANKS to DD for all his work and also to all who helps make this thread a great ressource for all "mHackintoshers"

i managed to instal and boot in 10.6 all seems ok

except all the normally invisible content of the system drive is showing ( bines -cores -mach_kernel -sbin and others ) and there no way i can repair permission via disk util ( saying error message about no packages to repair )

is this normal behavior ?? ( i doubt cause previous DD 10.5 install did not have that problem )

im using all the default kext from sricpt on a EX58 Extreme board

any clues ?

thank you

hey all

first of all MAJOR THANKS to DD for all his work and also to all who helps make this thread a great ressource for all "mHackintoshers"

i managed to instal and boot in 10.6 all seems ok

except all the normally invisible content of the system drive is showing ( bines -cores -mach_kernel -sbin and others ) and there no way i can repair permission via disk util ( saying error message about no packages to repair )

is this normal behavior ?? ( i doubt cause previous DD 10.5 install did not have that problem )

im using all the default kext from sricpt on a EX58 Extreme board

any clues ?

thank you

The solution to this problem is to reinstall BSD.pkg from Snow installation CD.

At my back the possibility of repairing permissions on DU.

The solution to this problem is to reinstall BSD.pkg from Snow installation CD.

At my back the possibility of repairing permissions on DU.

thank you that did in fact work ( repair permission is blazzing fast in SL wow)

im still having that annoying invisible system folders showing at the root of my boot drive... if anyone can help

thank you

GA-EX58-UD5 + GF 9500 GT 256

Installing under Leo 10.5.8 on separate HDD

Bios settings are OK, AHCI - ON (if that matters)

Here are the problem and logs(installation failed, it is 4) Run Retail DVD installer):

a836aa0269b1.png

Sep 9 18:47:42 SOL-FTTB /Volumes/SL/private/tmp/scripts.8L8X/./postinstall[702]: /Volumes/SL/System/Library/User Template/English.lproj

Sep 9 18:47:43 SOL-FTTB /Volumes/SL/private/tmp/scripts.8L8X/./postinstall[702]: /Volumes/SL/System/Library/User Template/Non_localized

Sep 9 18:47:43 SOL-FTTB /Volumes/SL/private/tmp/scripts.8L8X/./postinstall[702]: rmdir: /Volumes/SL/home: No such file or directory

Sep 9 18:47:43 SOL-FTTB /Volumes/SL/private/tmp/scripts.8L8X/./postinstall[702]: /Volumes/SL/private/tmp/scripts.8L8X/postinstall_actions/runChrooted.sh: line 15: 813 Bad system call /usr/sbin/chroot "$3" "${CHROOTEDTEMPDIR}/buildKeychains" "$1" "$2" "$3"

Sep 9 18:47:43 SOL-FTTB /Volumes/SL/private/tmp/scripts.8L8X/./postinstall[702]: chroot: /usr/libexec/makewhatis: No such file or directory

Sep 9 18:48:57 SOL-FTTB /Volumes/SL/private/tmp/scripts.xsFy/./postinstall[847]: /Volumes/SL/private/tmp/scripts.xsFy/postinstall_actions/postfixChrooted: line 6: 873 Bad system call /usr/sbin/chroot "$3" /usr/sbin/postfix start

Sep 9 18:48:57 SOL-FTTB /Volumes/SL/private/tmp/scripts.xsFy/./postinstall[847]: /Volumes/SL/private/tmp/scripts.xsFy/postinstall_actions/postfixChrooted: line 7: 874 Bad system call /usr/sbin/chroot "$3" /usr/sbin/postfix set-permissions

Sep 9 18:48:57 SOL-FTTB /Volumes/SL/private/tmp/scripts.xsFy/./postinstall[847]: /Volumes/SL/private/tmp/scripts.xsFy/postinstall_actions/postfixChrooted: line 8: 875 Bad system call /usr/sbin/chroot "$3" /usr/sbin/postfix stop

Sep 9 18:48:59 SOL-FTTB /Volumes/SL/private/tmp/scripts.PLTc/./postinstall[893]: dyld: unknown required load command 0x80000022

Sep 9 18:49:00 SOL-FTTB /Volumes/SL/private/tmp/scripts.PLTc/./postinstall[893]: /Volumes/SL/private/tmp/scripts.PLTc/postinstall_actions/pcastint.sh: line 3: 900 Trace/BPT trap "./Tools/PlistBuddy" -c "Add :QuickTimePro_PodcastProducer_Export_Enabled bool true" "$3/Library/Preferences/com.apple.pcast_integration.plist" > /dev/null

Sep 9 18:50:12 SOL-FTTB payloadExtractor[995]: BomFileError 13: Permission denied - /Volumes/SL//System/Library/Extensions/hp_Photosmart_io_enabler.kext

Sep 9 18:50:12 SOL-FTTB payloadExtractor[995]: Error extracting archive.

Sep 9 18:50:12 SOL-FTTB payloadExtractor[995]: pkgExtractor exited with error 1 while processing package '/Volumes/Mac OS X Install DVD/System/Installation/Packages/HP_Photosmart.pkg'

Sep 9 18:50:12 SOL-FTTB Installer[608]: Install failed: The Installer could not install some files in “/Volumes/SL”. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

Sep 9 18:50:12 SOL-FTTB Installer[608]: Displaying 'Install Failed' UI.

Sep 9 18:50:12 SOL-FTTB Installer[608]: 'Install Failed' UI displayed message:'The Installer could not install some files in “/Volumes/SL”. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.'.

@ Dith

Yes, i guess you'right about natit.kext

By the way, it works with natit.kext alone, i'm gonna try with the EVOenabler stuff, just for fun.

Thing is I don't manage to get it work with EFI String.

I'm able to create what seems to be a valid HD4870 string (regular, with 2 DVID, no HDMI or other exotic connection)

Thing is even with the right EFI String in the right place in com.apple.boot.plist, it doesn't seem to work if i get rid of all injectors. Video corruption, balck and whites strokes, but system working good.

Does anyone knows if the included SL drivers regarding HD48x0 are ok with those cards without any other manipulation ?

And, if it helps, I had an exotic HD4870 card before (DVI+HDMI+VGA) and it was painful t make it work... Had to use an exotic injector from netkas blog (don't remember which one)

Thanks for EVO, Dith !

J