• Please log in to reply
4374 replies to this topic

driftwood

driftwood

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:GigaByte Z77X-UP5 TH with Intel Core i7-3770K 3.50GHz (Ivybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor plus...

I'm running F13 on my ud5 with GTX 580. Have not upgraded to 10.8.3 yet. What boot loader are you using? If you're using Chameleon, make sure it's a newer version if you're using graphics enabler=yes. I inject via DSDT. I had a similar problem with the 580 going to black when I first installed it. My solution was to update graphics section of dsdt to include "NVDA,Parent". There is a good guide for dsdt injection and this video card here.

http://rampagedev.wo...rd-into-a-dsdt/

I use d00d's dsdt for native power management here.

http://www.insanelym...-modifications/

Excellent - Ill take a look at this. In answer to your question I used the last option in Hackinstaller - the Chimera boot loader (as it states better support of the Nvidia 5xxx cards).

The weird thing is I can install with the 580 no probs but was going to black on boot up. I actually got round the '1st boot up after install' by dropping in an old radeon gfx, booting with -v GraphicsEnabler=No. Ran Hackinstaller going thru steps 3 to 5 inc the dsdt. Plist edited the boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes. Shutdown. Swapped out the Radeon with the GTX 580 and rebooted on the drive. Everything's fine apart from when I shutdown the computer never actually switches off after killing the drives. I have to press down the power button for a few seconds.Which kext will fix this? (Ive installed the kexts EXACTLY as Digital Dreamer's Mountain Lion kext pack hack installer into /Extra - with the only kext going into S/L/E is AppleHDA.kext)

Thanks for the help.

Digital Dreamer's vanilla dsdt patch - what exactly does it patch? Also whats the benefits of Firmware F13?

gandem

gandem

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Excellent - Ill take a look at this. In answer to your question I used the last option in Hackinstaller - the Chimera boot loader (as it states better support of the Nvidia 5xxx cards).

The weird thing is I can install with the 580 no probs but was going to black on boot up. I actually got round the '1st boot up after install' by dropping in an old radeon gfx, booting with -v GraphicsEnabler=No. Ran Hackinstaller going thru steps 3 to 5 inc the dsdt. Plist edited the boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes. Shutdown. Swapped out the Radeon with the GTX 580 and rebooted on the drive. Everything's fine apart from when I shutdown the computer never actually switches off after killing the drives. I have to press down the power button for a few seconds.Which kext will fix this? (Ive installed the kexts EXACTLY as Digital Dreamer's Mountain Lion kext pack hack installer into /Extra - with the only kext going into S/L/E is AppleHDA.kext)

Thanks for the help.

Digital Dreamer's vanilla dsdt patch - what exactly does it patch? Also whats the benefits of Firmware F13?

I haven't had much luck with kexts going in /Extra. I have everything going in to S/L/E.

Haven't seen much of a difference in F13, and haven't had any problems with F12 or F13.

Again, might want to download d00d's dsdt and give that run, fixed many of my demons for this board.

d70

d70

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
How do I go about updating Chameleon used by this script? It looks like the update feature fails because the server is either offline or inaccessible. I'm still on r1995 and would like to go to the latest. TIA.

AndreaM

AndreaM

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Only a last trouble to make it perfect: at shutdown the Pc remain ON, does not power off completely. I need to hold the power button for 4 sec.
Someone has seen and resolved this issue ?

I've resolved shutdown hangup looking at: ######
  • If you use FakeSMC plugins, and get a kernel panic after reboot. Boot into safe mode by typing -x at the boot screen. Then navigate to /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Plugins/ and delete OEMsmbios.kext. Then reboot.
I've deleted OEMsmbios.kext inside FakeSMC in script kext repository, because rebuilding kext and boot cache via DD script was reinstalled every time.
Now 10.8.3 work like a charm!

everdone

everdone

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
To add a new bootloader version to Hackinstaller: Download the Binary of the new version of Chameleon you desire (the one with i386 folder), Open 'Hackinstaller', open '-extra' folder, open 'bootloaders' folder. Inside 'bootloaders' create a new folder and name it your new version of Chameleon. Inside that folder place a copy of the 'i386' folder from the download.

Now run Hackinstaller and select the bootloader option. You will have among the bootloaders available a choice for the one you just added.

colddiver

colddiver

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
Hello all,

Well... I have spent a significant amount of time trying to troubleshoot my setup (I'm using Cruisar's DSDT with only FakeSMC, IONetworking and AppleRTC kexts). My rig has been upgraded over the years to a GTX670 superclocked (4GB) and a Core i7 990X (6 cores). As mentioned in a previous post, my system started misbehaving a couple of weeks ago (it used to work perfectly). Here are the issues:
  • The option to "Restart after power failure" in Energy System Prefs is gone. Without it, sleep does not work (computer restarts instead of waking up from sleep)
  • Overall performance was getting slower than it should (Aperture took a long time to process RAW images, compiling stuff with XCode was longer than usual, etc.).
Not being certain if the issues were caused by a recent upgrade to 10.8.3 or to a newer Chimera, I took the following steps to troubleshoot my rig:
  • Reinstalled 10.8.1 from the ESD on a spare drive
  • Rebooted using my original dsdt smbios and org.chameleon.boot.plist
  • RESULT: "restart after power failure" option still gone - sleep still broken although overall performance seems better
  • Upgraded to 10.8.2 using Combo updater, installed nvidia drivers (which were known to work better for the GTX670), rebooted
  • RESULT: no improvements
  • Downloaded a fresh copy of Cruisar's DSDT and installed in my /Extra folder & rebooted
  • RESULT: no improvements
  • Switched bootloader to Chameleon (latest version available from SVN), rebooted
  • Reboot failed
  • Switched back to Chameleon but used the version that comes with a freshly downloaded version of MAJ's script (instead of the latest version from SVN), rebooted
  • RESULT: rebooted fine but no improvements (restart after power failure still gone, sleep not working)
I am running out of things to try... Anybody has any ideas?

Here are some relevant config info:
  • SMBIOS is using MacPro5,1 (will try 4,1 shortly)
  • boot.plist has no kernel flags set but has options turned on to generate P and C states
Colddiver

colddiver

colddiver

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
Changing MacPro5,1 to 4,1 made no difference whatsoever...

colddiver

colddiver

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
Made some progress... Looks like my issues are entirely dsdt-related. I started from a fresh DSDT, applied the native power management stuff from dOOd's thread and I was able to restore sleep. Interestingly enough, I wasn't able to restore the Orange Icon fix in the new DSDT. The "restart after power failure" option never came back but sleep works OK nevertheless. I will try again from Cruisar's original dsdt (I had it modified over the years looks like some of my edits started causing some issues).

Compairing dOOd's dsdt with Cruisar's is quite revealing. I'm not sure which one is best but they are significantly different (lots of devices not having the same names, etc.). I was hoping to do an hybrid dsdt by combining the best of dOOd's and Cruisar but this turned out to be much more complex than anticipated (too many differences between the two).

Colddiver

iceage2609

iceage2609

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
I am thinking of buying an SSD drive for my Hackintosh.
Is there an extra option i have to do during the script steps to enable trim ?
Anyone that did the procedure ?
I guess that most of the drives are combatible without issues for tha hackintosh machines.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VirusX

VirusX

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
Hi iceage2609,

I briefly described here how I switched to a SSD. I also bought a new SATA controller for our old UD5 board to get better speeds.

cheers

mangopeach

mangopeach

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
Did you buy a sata3 controller? Are you using it for your bootdrive? If yes, any issues getting it to work?

VirusX

VirusX

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
Mangopeach, yes, as written here http://www.insanelym...80#entry1873812
I bought an PCI-E SATA 3 6G controller that is working out of the box with our main board and hackintosh. Just make sure it is the same chipset. You can select it in BIOS as first boot device. The only "downside" is that my SSD is showing as an external drive on my desktop with an orange icon. But frankly I don't care about that since everything is working.

Good luck :)

LS8

LS8

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
Is it safe to update working install to 10.8.4?

mangopeach

mangopeach

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Mangopeach, yes, as written here http://www.insanelym...80#entry1873812
I bought an PCI-E SATA 3 6G controller that is working out of the box with our main board and hackintosh. Just make sure it is the same chipset. You can select it in BIOS as first boot device. The only "downside" is that my SSD is showing as an external drive on my desktop with an orange icon. But frankly I don't care about that since everything is working.

I bought a similar card with the same controller and it worked perfectly! I even test the throughput between the drive plugged into the mb sata2 and the card sata3 and it was nearly twice as fast.

Calling all guinea pigs!

jc84

jc84

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Just updated to 10.8.4
it works for me.
I did it they bad way... Via Appstore. machine restarted ok. Then rebuit cache with script and everything seems fine.

BigKev

BigKev

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Completely screwed my EFI partition boot - wrong magic number type errors! Worked fine on another box using /Extra. Do a backup - obviously :)

Ivo Minchev

Ivo Minchev

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Hello,

I'm a new to Mac OSX. I bought my hackintosh ready to use from another guy. Until today there was no problems at all. The system was perfectly updated with all updates. Today there was update of iTunes and after it my sound stop working. I called the guy wich I bought my hackintosh. He sent me the link for the script, because he was installed the Mountain Lion with it. He told me to run the script and reinstall the audio kexts. All done, but the the sound is not working still.

Any ideas?

jhrfc

jhrfc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Just updated to 10.8.4
it works for me.
I did it they bad way... Via Appstore. machine restarted ok. Then rebuit cache with script and everything seems fine.

Hi,

I have updated my system to 10.8.4 using the combo updater. I got an error message at the end of the install. but rebuilding caches using

the script and the install is happy. My system uses dsdt patching and native hda for 2.0 audio all works with 10.8.4.

I had to reapply my patch for non apple trim support using Chameleon SSD Optimizer.

also had to re-edit AppleGPUPowerManagement to re-enable best GPU performance.

Geekbench and Cinebench score, no real differecne from 10.8.3

Thanks

Jon

The K man

The K man

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Hello folks,
I have a problem with my system.. first of all i have the following specifications :

Motherboard: GA-EX58-UD5
Video : XFX 512mb
Intel i7-920
10GB memory ram corsair 1600Mhz  ( 3 x 2GB  and 1 x 4GB)
2 x Seagate 2TB and 1 x Western Digital 650 GB @ 7200 rpm
OSX 10.8.4 ( Mountain Lion )

Everything was working fine under BIOS F12 but one day my system recognized only 4GB of ram, it didn't recognized all my ram under F12 bios ( Yes i did try to change the slots and to leave only the 6gb ram but bios recognize only 4GB.) When i am trying to update my BIOS to F13 it recognizes all the ram.. but now the computer stuck at the following point that i am showing in the picture...  ( Yes i changed the default bios settings after updating to F13, and use AHCI etc..)  

Sorry for the bad quality of photos...

Attached File  IMG_0128.JPG   252.2KB   9 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0129.JPG   246.31KB   6 downloads

Attached Files

itdoesnotwork

itdoesnotwork

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

My dropbox issues drive me crazy... every now and then it shows the setup-assistant at startup because it lost connection.

Anyone got this too? Seems like something is changing at startup, that helps dropbox identifying my computer... any ideas?

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy