[GUIDE] Scripted Yosemite/Mavericks Install on Gigabyte Mobos

4,696 posts in this topic

'start up automatically after a power failure' HAS to be checked. Otherwise your hackintosh will always restart when waking up.

Does that help?

'start up automatically after a power failure' HAS to be checked. Otherwise your hackintosh will always restart when waking up.

Does that help?

Virus, you just solved my last issue with ML :-) I can now get back to using my Hac with all its old regularity... thank you very much.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm at lost here. I justing installed ML using the latest version of this script (7.1) last Friday. At first, shutdown didn't work so I used the script to add OpenHaltRestart to /Extra and /S/L/E. It seemed to resolve my shutdown issue. However, since yesterday, the shutdown issue has come back and OpenHaltRestart doesn't seem to do the job anymore. Please advise.

Basically, the screen goes black but the fan in the case still spins.

EDIT: Bootloader is Chameleon version that came with script 7.1 since it wasn't able to get anything newer online.

I have same problem. Anyone solve it?

• 2 weeks later...

I tried out everything possible, but i cannot make it work.

So i guess there is a problem with my ( ex ) graphic card GTX 285. Now i upgraded the gtx 285 card with gtx 660.

You think i have a chance ? Should i try it again?

Which SL version would you recommend ?

Thank you.

I still cannot instal Snow Leopard. After i boot, all i can see is the small gray Apple icon, and the computer reboots.

There above is a message, something with EFI STRING...i dont know exactly.

Could i install maybe Mountain Lion OS X, without having already Snow Leopard installed ? Is that possible at all ?

I want to find a solution. Thank you in advance.

If i try with an original OSX ML DVD, would i have a chance to install it, without having already installed Snow Leopard ??

I think it is very easy if you have some know how but very difficult if you're a beginner

read the first page and try it :-)

If no OS has been installed, yet, now is the time to do so. After mounting your Mac OS X Install DVD, ISO, or downloading a ESD from the App Store, select

Retail DVD installer

(menu #1).

I still cannot instal Snow Leopard. After i boot, all i can see is the small gray Apple icon, and the computer reboots.

There above is a message, something with EFI STRING...i dont know exactly.

Could i install maybe Mountain Lion OS X, without having already Snow Leopard installed ? Is that possible at all ?

I want to find a solution. Thank you in advance.

I have the same problem.

What is the error means " efi.inject.get.devrop.string null trying stringdata" ??

How could i fix this ?

Please help me , guys.

Hi, I have tried to install Mountain Lion over Snow Leo 10.6.8, and everything went ok, until after installing has finished, when I entered hackinstaller (in that 10 sec period before booting) step 12. Install dsdt patch reported error: failed to compile dsdt (or similar message)

When I rebooted, and booted from destination drive it stops at booting verbose (image attached).

The same happens when i boot FROM USB BOOT DRIVE. Same place gets stuck.

I have another hdd with working 10.6.8 and I can acces folders in New drive but simply don't know where to start from.

GA-EX58-UD5 F12/i7-920/gtx260

post-730050-0-49248900-1352201170_thumb.jpg

The oemSIMBIOS kext is the problem. It is a plugin to FakeSMC kext. Delete oemSIMBIO from FakeSMC and you should be OK.

Look on page 204 of this thread and read from post #4066 thru the end of the page.

That did the trick, thanks!

How do I know if I need nullcpupowermanagement.kext.

I have deleted it and it boots fine.

I installed ML on an empty hdd, would this work the same way over snow leo (my main ssd)

If you have deleted NullCPUPower and it boots, then you don't need it. NullPower is normally only need during the initial install, once the install is up and one has added a patched DSDT, NullCPUPower is no longer needed.

I have installled ML on top of SL without any problem. However, I suggest cloning your SL install to another HD and get that to work before installing on top of your main SL install (just to be safe in case something goes wrong).

Thanks everdone!

Now, for the new instalation is it ok to erase oemSIMBIOS from the USB boot disk, so it doesent get copied at the first place?

I was thinking to do a fresh install and erase existing SL, I have bunch of apps and settings, but I think that refreshing everything up might be a good thing.

Technically, is it better to do fresh new ML installation on an empty SSD, or it is totally the same as when updating existing system?

Certainly, get rid of oemSIMBIOS before installing. There is something to be said about a clean, new install. One can then use the migration tool to add data from the old install or install only those apps you want to carry over.

Personally, I am tired of going through the new install initializaion (password, name, address data, etc) so I prefer to install over an existing install. Migration occurs during the install and the first boot will have most of the house keeping tasks done - strickly a personal preference!

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

My question is a bit off topic but since we all have the same install on our UD5's, I thought it is the easiest way just to ask here:

I'm thinking about finally buying a SSD drive for my hackintosh.

Do I need to consider something special for our setup? Does any one of you have some experience to share?

As far as I understood, we have only SATA with 3Gb/s on our boards, so in order to have full speed with a new SSD, we should buy a PCI Express 2.0 card. A cheap one is apparently this one from china and it's working with ML:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/265281-sata-6gbs-sata-iii-pcie-card-works-in-lion/page__st__20

Thanks in advance!

Best,

Maxim

Edit: @Cosmin: messages is working well for me and synching with my iPad and iPhone.

Hi all,

My question is a bit off topic but since we all have the same install on our UD5's, I thought it is the easiest way just to ask here:

I'm thinking about finally buying a SSD drive for my hackintosh.

Do I need to consider something special for our setup? Does any one of you have some experience to share?

As far as I understood, we have only SATA with 3Gb/s on our boards, so in order to have full speed with a new SSD, we should buy a PCI Express 2.0 card. A cheap one is apparently this one from china and it's working with ML:

http://www.insanelym...on/page__st__20

Thanks in advance!

Best,

Maxim

Edit: @Cosmin: messages is working well for me and synching with my iPad and iPhone.

Hi

I have a crucial m4 1128GB 6GB/s drive attache to the 3GB/s mobo ports of the ud5. the performance is great

i get about 271 MB/s read and 184 MB/s write.

This drive will do apparently 500MB/s / 260MB/s in 6GB/S mode, so wehter the new crad is worth it is your choice.

3GB/s or 6GB/s, SSD is an order of magnitude better performance the spinnign disk esp for the system drive.

Cheers

Jon

Thanks for your reply Jon.

I just ordered the SATA 6Gb/s PCI-E 2.0 card with the ASM1061 chip as suggested by that other post.

Here's the ebay link. Hope it'll work.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PCI-E-express-SATA-3-III-6Gbps-2-Ports-controller-adapter-Card-ASM1061-/221123406872?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item337bfb6c18&_uhb=1#ht_1970wt_1139

I also ordered a crucial m4 256GB SSD from Amazon and plugged it in (normal 3 Gb/s from our UD5 motherboards till that card arrives), updated the firmware, formatted it and cloned my install with super duper.

Enabled TRIM (google it. Just some simple lines on terminal).

Further testing starting now but so far it was easy!

Cheers

I have for some time know an Samsung 830 256Gb working with an Asus U3S6 PCI 4x card (2 x SATA III and 2x USB 3.0) working very well.

I have benchmarked it (with Blackmagic Disk Speed Test) : 360GB/s read and 260 GB/s write.

Though, Not as good as my Samsung 830 256Gb in my MacBook Pro 480GB/s read and 395 GB/s write !

Good luck with your solution

• Like 1