friendlymanfromtexas

friendlymanfromtexas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

'-x "Graphics Mode"="1680x1050x32" platform=NVDANV50Hal'

Thanks the video string worked great!!!

But now my Netgear WLAN Client Utility does not display ... appears to start but never displays a window.

T60p
- Snow Universal 3.6
- ran Kext Utility at initial installtion so keyboard will work after rebooting
- optionally can enter -f option at each boot

- installed Netgear WG111v3 (Walmart $40)
...installed Netgear WLAN Client Utility - wireless works perfectly
... Mac OS X 10.4 driver for NETGEAR WG111v3 54Mbps Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter

- plugged in jLab USB speaker ($25) (worked immediately - no kext, no reboot!!)

I have to run the Netgear WLAN Utility each time I boot, select my wireless network, and enter my WEP code.
But with the video at the high res using the -x "Graphics Mode"="1680x1050x32" platform=NVDANV50Hal
.. video is perfect!!! but the Netgear WLAN never display's it window for me to select my network.. etc

Any ideas how to get the Netgear WLAN Client Utility to work with sys in hi-res mode????

Also I am not prompted for my user password at boot if running lo res .. but with the hi res string above, I am prompted for my user password ..

Thanks again for the hi-res -x string..

With the hi-res mode , I think my T60p 2623-DDU looks as good as a MacBook Pro !!!

friendlymanfromtexas

friendlymanfromtexas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Resolved Netgear Client Utility not starting problem by specifying boot parm as only:
"Graphics Mode"="1680x1050x32"

-x specifies to start in Safe Mode .. very slow ..

Further enhancement:
Added entry in com.apple.Boot.plist located in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration directory ..

Now boots up in hi-res - also set Netgear Client Utility to start at logon - plus specified a profile via Netgear Client Utility so wireless is started automatically...

Cannot find a kext that will make the sound work natively - just the plug-in USB speaker - and of course no microphone!!

moranarizona

moranarizona

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
For NVIDA 140m graphics card anyone get the GraphicsEnabler=Y to work? Of other method to get acceleration?

dawntodon

dawntodon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
great. I'll have to try this out!

stereogtx

stereogtx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I'm having a problem with this error:

hfs: created hfbt on Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard is the name of my SL partition. I read earlier that Snow Leopard must be installed on SATA 0 drive, but my ;laptop's hard drive is in SATA 1. I checked that with ubuntu. Is there anything I can do to change the drive to SATA 0? Ubuntu says the chipset has 3 slots.

Or if you don't need to install SL on SATA0, then how do I pass that error?

I've already installed SL, trying to get it to boot. This happens during loading in -v.

chasmataz

chasmataz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
go to osxlatitude and download their bootpack for this machine. use myhack and the "extra" folder you download and everything should work except sound. try voodoo hda and maybe?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy