10.6 Distro

paddy159

16 posts in this topic

How can I use Chameleon? Leopard or any hackintosh version is not installed on my pc

to install Leoprad on a separate harddrive is always the best option you have ... if you have any problems you will have an installation to boot from ... I would never install only one hackintosh system on a single system ... once you have a working SL installation you can clone to Leoprad harddrive as backup ... this will save you a lot of work !

I have the SnowOSX 3.5 but just is like limited the option to choose. It was iso file. Then when you install that time alwsy reboot back to the screen ask you install again.

Try use the method availble in the forum however no go. Try use external install by RC3. Able install sucessful. When using the external to boot totally cant at all.

SL Distro for what ? Install is easier than before ... use Chameleon, your kexts and Kext Utility ...

Two things for ya mate

1) Could any OSX distro be used as the base for a 10.6 SL install? I am asking because SL cannot install from scratch at the moment (as opposed to 10.5 which can be installed entirely via boot cd). This is why people need a distro, to allow them to use the forum threads and install SL.

2) I am very interested as to HOW WELL and fast does 10.5.8 run on your little Dell netbook.

snowosx 3.5 is a joke :P ( nothing worked here )

waiting for distro to :)

I little disagree with You.

On GA-P35-DS4 ALL works (even in 64bit mode)

What is needed:

-BIOS F14

-custom DSDT.aml prepared by DSDT 0.3 patcher (get if from here)

-VooDooHDA.kext 2.21 or better (for sound)

-OpenHalRestart.kext/SleepEnabler.kext for sleep/restart (get it from here)

With above following system:

GA-P35-DS4

Q6600@3.2

4G PC6400

Nv 7300 LE 128MB

WD raptor 74G

Has ALL peripherals fully functional. Also Sleep is fully operational.

Only issue is quite long restart/poweroff (10sec)

• 6 months later...

I'm am somone who helped by creating the Snowosx universal v3.5 pc distro.

I Know what you are doing wrong. First boot into the Snowosx distro disk and make your partition.

After that close disk util and open terminal. Type in: cd / and hit enter than type:

sh MakeDSDT <NAME OF PARTITION> so at my'n pc it is: sh MakeDSDT Snowleopard

Than DSDT pacher opens itself and choose darwin as operation sys by hitting 0 ore somting (its in there what you have to do) after that it says your done and you can go further in the install and your done!! It's really a great distro for the dutch people (nederlands) i made a tut: HERE!

snowosx 3.5 is a joke :P ( nothing worked here )

waiting for distro to :)

• 2 months later...