• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

el lissitzky

el lissitzky

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Autoloads at boot. With Chameleon 2 RC3 you may or may not need to make a mkext first.

hmm doesn't seem to work. i see a tool here for making mkexts, i should just package it and toss it in the extra folder?

hmm doesn't seem to work. i see a tool here for making mkexts, i should just package it and toss it in the extra folder?

the null power mkext came up with a new panic.

Attached File  IMG_2678.JPG   238.47KB   176 downloads

Dabluest

Dabluest

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

the null power mkext came up with a new panic.

Attached File  IMG_2678.JPG   238.47KB   176 downloads

Seems like you're probably missing some needed kexts. Sorry I can't be more of help.

el lissitzky

el lissitzky

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Seems like you're probably missing some needed kexts. Sorry I can't be more of help.

I got some help in another thread.
The bios setting for the USB drive detection had to be set to 'detect as HDD' instead of auto detect.

So now it starts to load the gui but its just beach balling at the first grey screen.

el lissitzky

el lissitzky

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

I got some help in another thread.
The bios setting for the USB drive detection had to be set to 'detect as HDD' instead of auto detect.

So now it starts to load the gui but its just beach balling at the first grey screen.

i've managed to install but now i have no ide/sata drives showing up.

bmttinman

bmttinman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
Ha Doc, Can you fix the loader so I can add the options? They say you can use RC 2 loader but I do not know how?

svizi

svizi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
I just installed chameleon through the installer. Before i used a stick to boot the system.
Unfortunately chameleon seems to not work. It hungs at the boot screen of leopard. Any ideas?

bmttinman

bmttinman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

I just installed chameleon through the installer. Before i used a stick to boot the system.
Unfortunately chameleon seems to not work. It hungs at the boot screen of leopard. Any ideas?

I had the same problem and found out that it was a bad ide hard drive. changed drives works like a champ and tahnks to Dr Hook for the Boot loader for RC3

svizi

svizi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

I had the same problem and found out that it was a bad ide hard drive. changed drives works like a champ and tahnks to Dr Hook for the Boot loader for RC3

You mean bad in terms of hardware? Because the hd i use is a brand new sata drive.

bmttinman

bmttinman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

You mean bad in terms of hardware? Because the hd i use is a brand new sata drive.

Yes. The hard drive was working but kept putting 10.5.8 on two other hard drives in panic. Did everything to hard drive threw Mac side on on system disk repair but still did it. I have in the past several had hard drive go out in 3 days in the world on Microsoft

Master Chief

Master Chief

Just Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

I just got mine working. Well kind of. I did a manual install to both raid slices but no matter what I try, only one of them will boot properly. Other one just does this...

Boot0: GPT
Boot0: Testing
Boot0: Testing
Boot0: Done

Then it just sits there an I have to reboot.

Can you share your install method please?

Thanks

Interesting. That's the exact same result I got (non RAID setup). It might get installed alright, but Chameleon RC3 won't startup.

richarda

richarda

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Hello, I may do something wrong. I try to install it on a flash drive. The install works but my Extra folder is empty ! Strange. Any idea ?

pjkoltnow

pjkoltnow

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
is there any way to remove this from my system? I screwed up and now my previously working system under "life hacker" method was working great. Installed this now having major problems.

Thoughts?

Exia25

Exia25

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
Thanks Dr. Hunt and Voodoo team, having this chameleon 2 RC 3 package make my installation easier. BTW, i using chameleon 2.0 RC 1 on SL first and install RC3 directly and it works perfectly ;)

Thanks again.

Dalton63841

Dalton63841

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts
Thanks for this package Dr. Hurt! I found that by using Show Contents I could add in exactly the kexts I need and tweak the postflight script to fit my system perfectly.

spenceju

spenceju

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Ok Folks I was able to Get Software RAID working on Snow Kitty Let me know if you need me to write the Steps to get it working

Dodom,

I would greatly appreciate it if you would put the steps that you took to get software Raid working in SL.

thanks,

spenceju

Edit:

Sorry, should have read page 2 of this thread. Please disregard this post.

dangeroose12

dangeroose12

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks! :P :) -_- :) :D ;) ;) :( :unsure: :wacko:

Dr. Hurt

Dr. Hurt

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
  • Interests:Wandering around on the internet!! Politics, Sci/Tech, Medicine.
WOW...
Over 13 Thousand downloads!!! :rolleyes:

bbourizk

bbourizk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

WOW...
Over 13 Thousand downloads!!! :)

worked for me thanks

using netkas PCefi 10.3 as well

dual booting win7 and snow perfectly

3qd.sem

3qd.sem

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Thanx 2 u man !!

urgonah8me

urgonah8me

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
guys I installed snow leopard using psystars rebel efi disc... (the only way i have managed to get snow leopard installed on my system thsi far...) but it sucks because its only the trial disc and i need to have the disc in the drive to load up there bootloader to get into the system..

So I just tried this chameleon rc3 (thanks for yoru effort btw) and the loader shows up and i can select snow leoaprd but after about 10 secs the spinning wheel stops and i get the restart my computer message... can anyone help me out please?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy