Chameleon 2 RC3 r658 Installation Package

Dr. Hurt

70 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
Ok Folks I was able to Get Software RAID working on Snow Kitty Let me know if you need me to write the Steps to get it working

Dodom,

I would greatly appreciate it if you would put the steps that you took to get software Raid working in SL.

thanks,

spenceju

Edit:

Sorry, should have read page 2 of this thread. Please disregard this post.

guys I installed snow leopard using psystars rebel efi disc... (the only way i have managed to get snow leopard installed on my system thsi far...) but it sucks because its only the trial disc and i need to have the disc in the drive to load up there bootloader to get into the system..

So I just tried this chameleon rc3 (thanks for yoru effort btw) and the loader shows up and i can select snow leoaprd but after about 10 secs the spinning wheel stops and i get the restart my computer message... can anyone help me out please?

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the installer.

I've still have trouble with my videocard (Gainward 9800GT 512)

When I start with "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" my video is just fine. When I use an EFI-string I get a black screen.

Is there a way to boot always with this bootoption "GraphicsEnabler=Yes"???

I've tried so many things to get it work but none of them worked as it should!

Ed

p.s. I have a vanilla SL install via USB-boot-Install

Also my signature is from another machine

Hey, sorry for the late response (you may have fixed your issue by now!)

You can edit your com.apple.Boot.plist inside the /Extras folder and add the following:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<String>GraphicsEnabler=Yes</string>

and your install will automatically boot with this flag every time

other strings you can add are -v for verbose, -s for single user, -x for safe mode etc.

Greetings.

Unfortunately i cant boot from Chameleon 2 RC3.

I installed the latest version of the official site, did the job on terminal but i get this screenie*. I installed Chameleon to my MAC System HD and made this partition active. Neither Snow Leopard or Windows cant boot.

For now i boot from a boot cd that contatins Chameleon. Any suggestions?

*Screenie with the problem :

p2411090149.th.jpg

boot 10.3- 10.5 t does not read data from com.apple.Boot.plist from /Extra and /L./Pref.../S...

but 10.0-10.2 read ok

So I don't have to setup Timeout and x32 (or arch=i386) can't add <key>system-id</key>

I can't do anything

Greetings.

Unfortunately i cant boot from Chameleon 2 RC3.

I installed the latest version of the official site, did the job on terminal but i get this screenie*. I installed Chameleon to my MAC System HD and made this partition active. Neither Snow Leopard or Windows cant boot.

For now i boot from a boot cd that contatins Chameleon. Any suggestions?

*Screenie with the problem :

p2411090149.th.jpg

Right now I´m using a small flash-card with Chameleon on it. So small, u cannot see it from above in my mac-keyboard. The positive thing is, all boot probs in future can be changed on that card from my macbook. No more booting from HD for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...