this method only works with snow leopard 32bit
--->(if you are using sow leopard 64 bit reboot your os in 32 bit mode)
hackintosh users type this at boot prompt ( arch=i386 ) to boot os in 32bit mode
1. On Netgear website Here.. three driverrs are available.
2. Download the second one -->Mac OS 10.4: 744kb in size Download Here
3. Don't install the complete package.
4. In setup click customize button and uncheck driver install. (ie install Netgear WLAN client utility and com.netgear only )
5. Download the kextutility (hackintosh kext application)
6. Download this kext provided by pootify Download pootify kext
7. Just drag and drop this pootify kext on kextutility icon to install this kext (you can also use your own method to install the kext but keep in mind --> kext permission)
8. After successful installation of kext and driver utility reboot.
9. WLAN should work.
10. If it is not working then either the kext is not loaded or you are still in 64 bit mode --> [ check system profile---> Software : (System Software Overview) you must get this ---> 64-bit Kernel and Extensions: No ]
11. If kext is not loaded open terminal typesudo -s
enter your password
you will get root privilege and terminal will display this -->bash-3.2#
now type thiskextload -v /System/Library/Extensions/RTL8187Bl.kext
you wil get this on termnalkext loaded successfully (or already loaded)
if you did everything exactly like i told you. you will get "found new network hardware" prompt on screen
Posted 20 July 2011 - 05:47 PM
Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:54 PM
Just install 10.4 drivers from here
1. Make sure all 10.5 drivers are uninstalled
2. Install 10.4 drivers from link
4. select The new NETGEAR in system preferences > Network
5. Open up Netgear WLAN Client Utility and select the network that you want to connect to.
This has been tested on a MAC PRO running 10.6.8 Not sure if it works with Hackintosh
- LatinMcG likes this
Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:09 AM
please i try download the kext pootify but the link is dead.
Please send me the new link for dl the kext pootify for wg111v3.
Posted Today, 01:31 AM
Wow I am excited i finally got it working ... you have to edit the RTL8187Bl.kext open it with show package contents by right clicking on it and then go into Contents / open up info.plist in any text editor or better property list editor if you have xcode installed and then last lines OSBundleLibraries and change the value strings for last 4 lines to be 9.0.0 instead of 8. something i can't remember what it was...... I guess it looks at the OS BUNDLES LIBRARIES to register that driver ... once you do that replace that kext with kext helper and you don't even have to restart you'll see your wireless thing flash before your eyes and working
hope this works for you guys my TEW 434ub 3.1 R works now
and here is kext for all of you
I followed your directions and BAM! my netgear is working. I tried 2 or 3 different kexts related to the cards in my D820, but none worked. Thanks for the ehlp
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users