PC start-up chime

Attil@

27 posts in this topic

I found with the BIOs modding tools that I have been looking into you can add a startup sound as well as change the begening OEM Boot Screen. I am working on changing my Boot screen now. I started a thread here: http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=19006 but I cannot figure out how to get the size of my new image to the exact same file size as well as resolution as the original. I posted the new and old pic from my BIOs if anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate it..

Juan Luis: the usage is fairly simple. You build it, then you connect the X1-1 and X1-2 connectors to your amp. You can connect JP1 with the reset switch on the front of the computer and JP2 to the motherboard, to the pins, wher the reset button would usually go. You can get +5V from the floppy connector (red wire).

R16 has to be set to appr. 43kOhm to give 16kHz sampling rate.

I've found an error in the schematic. R1 to R8 are 20kOhm resistors and R9-R15, R17 are 10kOhm resistors. Sometimes is hard to obtain 20kOhm resistors, so you can use two 10kOhm resistors in series or one 22kOhm resistor.

The one thing that I will have to cure is the mixing with the soundcard's main output. I renember that older SB16 cards had a PC Speaker connection, that allowed to connect it to the motherboard. The sound was always on the output, even when the card wasn't initialized.