Possible AppleIntelPIIXATA fix 32-bit

Jingu

9 posts in this topic

I've been trying to boot vanilla AppleIntelPIIXATA on my ICH7-M. Repeated kernel panics until now.

Thanks go to -DuNe-. He's the one who came up with the universal AppleIntelPIIXATA for ICHx mobo. I'm just using his method with success on Snow Leopard.

I simply put his Leopard 10.5.8 IOATAFamily in Extra/Extensions, making sure that my SATA id is in the /Plugins/AppleIntelPIIXATA

The original vanilla AppleIntelPIIXATA remains untouched in System/Library/Extensions,

RESULTS: I've booted several times so far without a kernel panic. I'm typing from Snow Leopard right now.

Unfortunately, this universal Leopard 10.5.8 IOATAFamily does not seem to work in the Boot 132 CD method.

Original post from -DuNe- is below. I downloaded the Leopard 10.5.8 IOATAFamily.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=88335

Hiya :P

Trying this too.

when you write "The original vanilla AppleIntelPIIXATA remains untouched in System/Library/Extensions", you mean that it remains in /System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns ?

So that means that the original IOATAFamily kext should also stay in /System/Library/Extensions/ ?

Cheers,

N.M.

I've been trying to boot vanilla AppleIntelPIIXATA on my ICH7-M. Repeated kernel panics until now.

Thanks go to -DuNe-. He's the one who came up with the universal AppleIntelPIIXATA for ICHx mobo. I'm just using his method with success on Snow Leopard.

I simply put his Leopard 10.5.8 IOATAFamily in Extra/Extensions, making sure that my SATA id is in the /Plugins/AppleIntelPIIXATA

The original vanilla AppleIntelPIIXATA remains untouched in System/Library/Extensions,

RESULTS: I've booted several times so far without a kernel panic. I'm typing from Snow Leopard right now.

Unfortunately, this universal Leopard 10.5.8 IOATAFamily does not seem to work in the Boot 132 CD method.

Original post from -DuNe- is below. I downloaded the Leopard 10.5.8 IOATAFamily.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=88335

If you didn't use Boot-132 to install the operating system, then what did you use? You said you copied IOATAFamily to the Extra/Extensions directory. The Extra/Extensions cannot be installed on the hard drive until you have setup the operating system using Boot-132.

@Never Mind,

You are correct. The vanilla IOATAFamily is in System/Library/Extensions

@ Nihilator,

I haven't installed Snow Leopard yet from the Boot 132 method. Still trying to work out the bugs.

I have another Snow Leopard partition that I have installed from within Leopard 10.5.8 with the OsIntall.mkpg