106 posts in this topic

Hello,

i have

p5k-e wifi

geforce 8600gt

500 gb sata ahci drive

4GB ram

q6600

this guide is year old. Is there some new way to make everything work, i tried osx86 few year back on some old machine, i looked into it currently to use on my home machine, but found really lot of fixes etc. etc. I can't found newest and easiest ways to use.

Not to mention i don't to use premade torrents which may be full of stuff i don't want.

Guys, does sleep work for you?

Whenever i click on sleep, the screen turns off, but my fans are still on etc. Then the screen stays turned off forever, i push keyboard keys, click mouse, push power button but it doesn't do anything. I have to restart the machine

How do I I enable sleep?

• 1 month later...

Like 3 or 4 weeks ago I managed to get my Asus P5K-E Wifi/AP Hackintosh finally workin(2Duo E6750 and 2 gigs of kingston ram)...Got a new HDD from Samsung few Days ago which is much better than my old one and its even better now...faster...just copied the drives with carbincopycloner....NOW MY PROBLEM: Just bought another 4gig of the same ram and now installed 6 gigs (2x1; 2x2)...The rams work fine cause windows 7 is booting nicely BUT my beloved Snow Leopard (10.6.0) freezed when the grey/silver boot menu with the apple appears...It Just doesn't move no more...PLZ ANY IDEAS?

edit:

if I take out the 2 gigs and leave only the 4 it isn't working either...Only If I take out the two 2gb rams and put back the 2x1gb it works flawlessly like before... at least I know it something with the 4gb of ram....

these are the memories

KHX6400D2LLK2/2G 2GB 800MHz DDR2 Non-ECC

Low-Latency CL4 (kit of 2) 4-4-4-12 2.0V

KHX6400D2LLK2/4G 4GB 800MHz DDR2 Non-ECC

Low-Latency CL4 (kit of 2) 4-4-4-12 1.95V

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the guide!

Been giving the install a go but been having a few problems.

I have a P5K-E board with Q6600 and X1950 Pro.

I only have the two HDD's. I have Windows running on the first HD and an extra 1TB drive that i previously used for storage.

Got the TB drive formatted and partitioned into the GUID style and tried to do the install by mounting the .dmg on a partition and trying to install into another.

Haven't been able to get it to successfully install.

Is it possible to install with partitioning?

Any help greatly appreciated!

• 5 months later...
Thanks for the guide! I've got a P5K-E and followed this guide to install onto a second internal SATA drive. I cannot seem to enter any boot options when Chameleon loads. I see the progress bar counting down and the press "any" key but I'll go ahead and press lots of keys and Chameleon does not respond.

It will boot into Snow, but my Graphics Card kexts (x1950 Pro) will not load and aren't working for some reason, maybe because I've never updated the kext cache? When I went through that in the terminal I got permissions errors.

Sound works and my WiFi card works. I would like to be able to boot with -x32 to see if my graphics kext works then, but can't with Chameleon currently. Any clue as to why? The PC will recognize my keyboard if I want to go to the BIOS or something so why is Chameleon not letting me enter options?

Also, shut down was not working for me. I get stuck on a blue screen. Any help would be awesome!

PLEASE, CAN YOU TELL HOW YOU DID TO MAKE WIFI WORKS ?? THE SYSTEM RECOGNIZE THE WIFI CARD, BUT I CAN'T FIND A SOFTWARE TO USE MY WIFI

• 1 month later...

cmon man ..there are drivers from realtek, google:8187 osx drivers

it;s been long time so i dont know the progress of ad1998B and snow leopard

i'm still using the dsdt edit method+ad1998bfix.kext and its not 100% ok

i dont have frontpanel audio,i get only stereo and the volume slider is disabled in digital out

something changed so far?