Upgrade from Leo Distro to Vanilla Snow Leopard

night_rider

3 posts in this topic

I could use some community help. I have a fully functional Leo 10.5.7 distro. I believe the distro was Kalyway but cannot be certain. I believe it uses the Voodoo kernel and PC-EFI 9.x. I do know my custom kexts are in the same folder as Apple's. I do know I'm not currently using Chameleon but the Windows bootloader.

I've put this off for a long time but I want to go vanilla for the updates and my hardware will support it. All of the guides I see are pretty much 'from scratch' guides. Can anyone point to a 'distro to vanilla guide' or offer some input on the differences? For instance with a working copy of Leo could I not install PC-EFI 10.2, Chameleon, the Extras folder and just boot into the Snow Leopard install?

I appreciate the help.

Having a prior Leopard installation is an advantage and most guides here started with the premise of having a Leo installed. If anything screwed up, which I am sure will happened (like a lot of KPs, hang and blank screen), you can always go back to your Leo installation and fix the problem.