Dual boot build

1 post in this topic

I'm looking to build a computer for a friend that he's going to use for a multitude of things, but he wants it to be able to sit in his family room connected to his TV to serve as a HTPC.

He wants to be able to dual boot Leopard and Windows (Vista or 7). I've been told I need to be careful on the components I select and I was directed here to ask some questions about components. I've never built a dual boot computer before.

He wants to build this thing about as nice as you can (he likes to have the best stuff). So I know a lot of this is going to be overkill but I'm just building it for him. He is going to be doing some video editing with Final Cut Studio, which is why he wants to dual boot Leopard, ripping blu-rays, encoding video files, working with pictures, etc...(not sure about gaming, but I'm sure this thing will be able to handle it)

So I guess I'll start out by telling you the components I had in mind and hopefully I can get some input as to what won't work. I figure the components I'll need to worry about are CPU, Mobo and GPU. Other stuff like CPU cooler, RAM, Optical Drives, Hard Drives, Power Supply should be fine to work either way right?

Intel Core i7 975

ASUS Mobo (Either one of the P6T's or the Rampage II Extreme) (I like ASUS but if it won't work well with Leopard I'll have to go with something else that will)

ATI Radeon 4870 (What video cards work best with Macs?)

Then for the other stuff I'm looking at an Enermax PSU, He'll probably load it up with 24GB of RAM, a Xigmatek CPU Cooler, a few 1-2 TB Hard Drives (maybe a SSD boot drive), probably an LG Blu Ray burner.

I appreciate any help, thanks.