GA-G33M-DS2R Help Requested

Weavus

13 posts in this topic

Does anyone have a working DSDT.aml for a GA-G33M-DS2R?

Which other KEXT's will I need to use this board with Snow Leopard?

I tried using the vanilla install guide but ran into a weird problem with the following errors on boot after installation

post-483778-1252074822_thumb.jpg

Anyone know what this means?

Thanks in advance!

Does anyone have a working DSDT.aml for a GA-G33M-DS2R?

Which other KEXT's will I need to use this board with Snow Leopard?

I tried using the vanilla install guide but ran into a weird problem with the following errors on boot after installation

post-483778-1252074822_thumb.jpg

Anyone know what this means?

Thanks in advance!

pm me for your email

it's not yet fixed for snow

T

i repacked the SL Pack from d00m42 from this thread GA-EP-UD3R and changed the Kext an DSDT etc. so you just can follow the GA-EP-UD3R howto but instead use my SL Pack for install.

I used "nullspot's USB Installation Guide (to be integrated soon):",

a few tricks after successful install:

1. disable Spotlight and run the Kext Utility to prevents Kernel panics after reboot you can safely activate Spotlight again

2. use the ifconfig fix found by earlier to get bonjour to work

3. activate in SysPref. --> Energy --> automatic turn on after power loss <-- make this to get Standby to work.

Solution for the internal Graphics:

ok there is a Solution to get it work with 1280x1024@32bit but no CL/CI ..... (and no display standby)

i would recommend that you by a cheap supported nvidea card, but thats you choice.

For internal GPU install die Intel GMA X3100 Driver.pkg from 10.5, it worked 1280x1024@32bit 32/64bit but no options are available.

god Luck an let me know if it worked for you!

Download Pack

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

rramon,

nice work on the dsdt.aml file! one question though...i previously had audio (using my own dsdt that i made) but with your patch file in place, i lost my sound...? i did have a LegacyHDA.kext in 'extra\extentions' but with or without it, i have no sound. have any ideas what i'm doing wrong or what i can check?

Anyone have any ideas over here ?

Hey peeps, great guide btw Doom.

Right, my problem is, installed snow on another HDD, few problem but got there in the end.

now, I got into the first log in screen, were you set your name etc, and transfered data from my other volume, which is ideneb 10.5.8 - [not sure if this may of caused issues]

Now, I never got the welcome movie, it just loaded straight to desktop, to which my first thing to do was check teh version number, 10.6 was there, so I was happy.

I then rebooted, this is were the problems start...

DSC00036.jpg

Keep getting this kp, so ive fiddled around in my com.bootlist etc, after a couple of other KP's, but this is what it keeps halting on,and im not sure why :\

my boot flag for this kp is -v -f -x32 [tried a few but this one is the one that gets me furthest :\]

10.5.8 still boots up no problem when the snow drive isnt connected, but when it is it kps with a voodoo kernel error.

My MB is a Gigabyte G33M DS2R and teh rest of my spec is in my sig, but i used the boot pack from this thread instead of yours as obviosuly i'm not using teh same board as you guys...

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers

Robbi.

Could it be my choice of kernel? As im using the voodoo kernel on my 10.5.8 install.

Edit: - Seems my problem is with a problem appleintelcpu kext : - re http://tgwbd.org/darwin/extensions.html

I'm using the null kext, but its still causing the KPs :§

• 3 months later...
i repacked the SL Pack from d00m42 from this thread GA-EP-UD3R and changed the Kext an DSDT etc. so you just can follow the GA-EP-UD3R howto but instead use my SL Pack for install.

I used "nullspot's USB Installation Guide (to be integrated soon):",

a few tricks after successful install:

1. disable Spotlight and run the Kext Utility to prevents Kernel panics after reboot you can safely activate Spotlight again

2. use the ifconfig fix found by earlier to get bonjour to work

3. activate in SysPref. --> Energy --> automatic turn on after power loss <-- make this to get Standby to work.

Solution for the internal Graphics:

ok there is a Solution to get it work with 1280x1024@32bit but no CL/CI ..... (and no display standby)

i would recommend that you by a cheap supported nvidea card, but thats you choice.

For internal GPU install die Intel GMA X3100 Driver.pkg from 10.5, it worked 1280x1024@32bit 32/64bit but no options are available.

god Luck an let me know if it worked for you!

Download Pack

Don't suppose you still have your download pack handy do you chief? My HDD died and im trying to reformat :/