intel core duo & Snow leopard

badix10

23 posts in this topic

Intel CPUs usually don't need guides, especially those with SSE3, they run the retail kernel just fine (AMD CPUs need a patched kernel, which is why you find guides for them). I have a first-gen Core Duo Macbook with SL installed, the CPU supports it perfectly.

Most guides you will find are for motherboards or specific hardware that needs kexts, EFI strings or DSDT table entries (sound or graphics cards usually). Look for a guide for your computer/mobo with the search box at the top of the page, or google it.

You're not asking the right questions nor providing enough information to get much more help. I suggest you read more forum postings, even those not relevant to your hardware, just to get a better idea of how this all works.

the kind of things we need to know

what mobo do you have?

make/model of laptop?

stuff like that

not just the processor, becuase if the processor is

intel

and

core duo

your worries is chipset/gfx/wfi

Hi everbody

So My Cpu is an intel core tm duo t2350 (1,87GHZ ,2mb cache)

My Chipset is an Intel GMA 945G

Ram: 2 Gb

Audio:alc861

Video: Nvidia Ge 7600Go

Wifi: Atheros 5006

Not a real answer,but , I read something about if it is not a " real" multi core , SL will not take advantage of "Grand Central Dispatch"( new kind of technology..),directed to core 2 duo,quad..

c.frio

Not a real answer,but , I read something about if it is not a " real" multi core , SL will not take advantage of "Grand Central Dispatch"( new kind of technology..),directed to core 2 duo,quad..

c.frio

So here is the info about my pc

Toshiba laptop P200-157

SMBios v2.4

Chipset: Northbridge :Intel i945PM , Southbridge : Intel 82801GHM

Cpu : Intel Core TM Duo T2350 (2048 Ko cach)

Ram : 2 GB

Pci :Intel Corp Mobile 945GM/PM/GMS

Video : Nvidia G73 (GeForce Go 7600 : 128Mb)

Harddrive : Toshiba MK1637GSX DL030M (ATA,149.05 Go)

DVD : TSSTcorpCD/DVDW TS-L632DTO04(DVD-R/DL)

Network : Wifi : Atheros AR5006EG

Lan : Realtek RTL8139

Audio : HD Audio ALC861

PS/2 :Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad

veja em um buscador por "Grand Central Dispatch on core duo" vai achar varios artigos,mas essencialmente ao q parece so da boot em 32bits e outos detalhes tecnicos...sinto...mas sao em ingles...

c.frio

veja em um buscador por "Grand Central Dispatch on core duo" vai achar varios artigos,mas essencialmente ao q parece so da boot em 32bits e outos detalhes tecnicos...sinto...mas sao em ingles...

c.frio

Sorry man but i ca't understand the spanish

Thanks of corse

Thanks of corse

To start that is portugues and he does not nothing, were is a hope maybe, when distro star coming out this OS was design for both coreduo and core2duo that what most mac run so seat, read am wait.

This a quote from Ars Technica

"Despite all of the above, I'd still call Snow Leopard merely the penultimate step in Mac OS X's journey to be 64-bit from top to bottom. I fully expect Mac OS X 10.7 to boot into the 64-bit kernel by default, to ship with 64-bit versions of all applications, plug-ins, and kernel extensions, and to leave even more legacy and deprecated APIs to fade away in the land of 32-bit."

i hope this help you.

To start that is portugues and he does not nothing, were is a hope maybe, when distro star coming out this OS was design for both coreduo and core2duo that what most mac run so seat, read am wait.

This a quote from Ars Technica

"Despite all of the above, I'd still call Snow Leopard merely the penultimate step in Mac OS X's journey to be 64-bit from top to bottom. I fully expect Mac OS X 10.7 to boot into the 64-bit kernel by default, to ship with 64-bit versions of all applications, plug-ins, and kernel extensions, and to leave even more legacy and deprecated APIs to fade away in the land of 32-bit."

i hope this help you.

Thanks for your help but you don't give me any answear about my problem

So here is the info about my pc

Toshiba laptop P200-157

SMBios v2.4

Chipset: Northbridge :Intel i945PM , Southbridge : Intel 82801GHM

Cpu : Intel Core TM Duo T2350 (2048 Ko cach)

Ram : 2 GB

Pci :Intel Corp Mobile 945GM/PM/GMS

Video : Nvidia G73 (GeForce Go 7600 : 128Mb)

Harddrive : Toshiba MK1637GSX DL030M (ATA,149.05 Go)

DVD : TSSTcorpCD/DVDW TS-L632DTO04(DVD-R/DL)

Network : Wifi : Atheros AR5006EG

Lan : Realtek RTL8139

Audio : HD Audio ALC861

PS/2 :Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad

hmm you'll need a kext for the touchpad and the probably ps2 keyboard

you'll need a kext and injector for the nividia video

SL should support your wifi card although the kext might need to be edited to support the vendor id

your chipset should be supported by an availible kext as well but search your laptop's name in conjunction with hackitosh first maybe someone did the work of learning this stuff for ya already. :)

GL

terramir

Thanks of corse

I'm so sorry badix 10,I made a mistake, because I was looking the portuguese forum at same time...if you type "grand central dispatch on core duo" on google you will find a lot of articles that refers to core duo and core 2 duo

see this--http://macs.about.com/od/faq1/f/upgrade106.htm

just trying to help

c.frio

Hi everyone!

I'm new in the OSx86 scene (only found it yesterday!).

I'm really interested by the macintosh since I have a lot of friends using one, but I can only afford to buy one about 2 years later. I'm really tempted to try it on my laptop Asus F3JC.

Will OSx86 work fast? (Specs: Core Duo 1,66Ghz, 1,5 GB DDR2 667MHz, 100GB Hard Drive+ 500GB external HD, Nvidia Geforce Go 7300).

In order to get ilife to work fully and an almost flawless OS (without installing any other program), should I install Leopard or Snow Leopard? I have both original (retail DVD).

I've already searched the compatibility list and found that this laptop is fully compatible (or almost) but i still have those questions.

I would be appreciated if anyone can answer me.

Thanks,

Miguel C.

SL should support your wifi card although the kext might need to be edited to support the vendor id

your chipset should be supported by an availible kext as well but search your laptop's name in conjunction with hackitosh first maybe someone did the work of learning this stuff for ya already. :P

GL

terramir

Thanks for your reply :withstupid:

I'm so sorry badix 10,I made a mistake, because I was looking the portuguese forum at same time...if you type "grand central dispatch on core duo" on google you will find a lot of articles that refers to core duo and core 2 duo

see this--http://macs.about.com/od/faq1/f/upgrade106.htm

just trying to help

c.frio

It's more clear thank you...

Hi everyone!

I'm new in the OSx86 scene (only found it yesterday!).

I'm really interested by the macintosh since I have a lot of friends using one, but I can only afford to buy one about 2 years later. I'm really tempted to try it on my laptop Asus F3JC.

Will OSx86 work fast? (Specs: Core Duo 1,66Ghz, 1,5 GB DDR2 667MHz, 100GB Hard Drive+ 500GB external HD, Nvidia Geforce Go 7300).

In order to get ilife to work fully and an almost flawless OS (without installing any other program), should I install Leopard or Snow Leopard? I have both original (retail DVD).

I've already searched the compatibility list and found that this laptop is fully compatible (or almost) but i still have those questions.

I would be appreciated if anyone can answer me.

Thanks,

Miguel C.

Hello i think that you should first try leopard it's more easier if you need some help you can ask me ... :)

your chipset should be supported by an availible kext as well but search your laptop's name in conjunction with hackitosh first maybe someone did the work of learning this stuff for ya already. :)

GL

terramir