Anyone got Snow running on a ga-ep35-ds3l or similar motherboard?

jellymonster

37 posts in this topic

Hi,

I download the 10A432 gold master build dmg and followed a few guides to try and install it, however none of them worked.

Just wondering if anyone else has had any luck?

The closest match that I have found is http://www.teknojunkie.com/2009/08/guide-s...32-coming-soon/ guide. But everytime I try and boot into snow leopard it kernal panics almost instantly.

I'm currently running 10.5.3.

Help me

I have a vanilla retail install of Snow on a GA-EP35-DS4... all works perfectly in both 64 and 32 bit.

If you get KP's almost instantly, sounds like you may have to stop Spotlight scanning your drives. If you still have a Leopard install, boot into that - then add your HD's to the privacy section in the spotlight preferences.

Hi Jellymonster,

Your GA-EP35-DS3L has ICH9 chipset (not include in SL), you can follow guidance from here, or you can try putting AppleIntelPIIXATA2.kext to your Snow/Extra/Extensions folder ..

-ricola

I added that kext into the extensions folder and used a kext utility to repair the permissions. I now loads up but very quickly kernal panics :S.

Any ideas?

Also, when it does, my bios is cleared and reset.

Hi jellymaster

I have GA-EP35-DS3L and following d00m42's guide. It all working fine. No PK

There few things I done differently

At Step 3: I leave the JMicronATA in E/E folder because it's cause random PK if i remove it.

At Step 6: using EFIStudio. I add hex string of display, LAN and HDEF in com.apple.Boot.plist under E/E folder

At Step 7: I only patch my DSDT with HDEF and COMS fix (I don't know what's make ACL888 works , EFI string or DSDT patch so I did both. It don't have any problem form me) and add LegacyHDA.kext (gary one under 3out2in HDA)in to E/E folder.

At Step 9: I turn off spotlight foe all hard drive before reboot into SL and boot into SL using -v -s -x32 (single user mode)

wait for the command prompt , then type the following commands

mount -uw /

chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions

kextcache -v -l -t -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext

/System/Library/Extensions/ (this one single line)

shutdown -r now

after boot back with -x32 flag into SL and pass welcome screen using run Kext Utility

I use my SL for 3 days now, no single KP.

It looks like everything work's find in 32bit but not 64bit. Sound and DWA-552 are not working under 64bit kernel.

Hi,

I download the 10A432 gold master build dmg and followed a few guides to try and install it, however none of them worked.

Just wondering if anyone else has had any luck?

The closest match that I have found is http://www.teknojunkie.com/2009/08/guide-s...32-coming-soon/ guide. But everytime I try and boot into snow leopard it kernal panics almost instantly.

I'm currently running 10.5.3.

Help me

The Snow Leopard Install Guide you've been waiting for has arrived!

Check out Adam Pash's new guide, "How to Build a Hackintosh with Snow Leopard, Start to Finish" describes step-by-step how to make a Snow Leopard USB boot drive. Installation was as simple and foolproof. Not 100%, but well worth a try! Good luck!

Link to Adam Pash's guide: http://lifehacker.com/5351485/how-to-build...start-to-finish

Another Link you might find helpful: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...8&mode=line

Hi jellymaster

I have GA-EP35-DS3L and following d00m42's guide. It all working fine. No PK

There few things I done differently

At Step 3: I leave the JMicronATA in E/E folder because it's cause random PK if i remove it.

At Step 6: using EFIStudio. I add hex string of display, LAN and HDEF in com.apple.Boot.plist under E/E folder

At Step 7: I only patch my DSDT with HDEF and COMS fix (I don't know what's make ACL888 works , EFI string or DSDT patch so I did both. It don't have any problem form me) and add LegacyHDA.kext (gary one under 3out2in HDA)in to E/E folder.

At Step 9: I turn off spotlight foe all hard drive before reboot into SL and boot into SL using -v -s -x32 (single user mode)

wait for the command prompt , then type the following commands

mount -uw /

chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions

kextcache -v -l -t -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext

/System/Library/Extensions/ (this one single line)

shutdown -r now

after boot back with -x32 flag into SL and pass welcome screen using run Kext Utility

I use my SL for 3 days now, no single KP.

It looks like everything work's find in 32bit but not 64bit. Sound and DWA-552 are not working under 64bit kernel.

kernal panic'd very quickly, ver sure that it is the DSDT that I made. I will try it again, but I don't suppose you could upload your's??

The Snow Leopard Install Guide you've been waiting for has arrived!

Check out Adam Pash's new guide, "How to Build a Hackintosh with Snow Leopard, Start to Finish" describes step-by-step how to make a Snow Leopard USB boot drive. Installation was as simple and foolproof. Not 100%, but well worth a try! Good luck!

Link to Adam Pash's guide: http://lifehacker.com/5351485/how-to-build...start-to-finish

Another Link you might find helpful: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...8&mode=line

I second this nomination. This guide is absolutely brilliant. no kexts, no patches, no DSDT. just a straight install from a retail disk. $30 ;)

GA-EP35C-DS3R

8GB DDR2 Kingston RAM

Samsung SATA DVD-RW

NVIDIA GeForce 8500GT

320GB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda

20min install. Everything works right out of the box including sound, video, and ethernet. running two solid days now 64-bit and not a single KP.

:)

here is my DSDT file (ACL888 and COMS fix patched)

I have Q6600 CPU. I am not sure it would work on other cpu or not.

Thanks for the DSDT file :)

I tried it and it didn't work on my P35-DS3P.

The crazy thing is that I had sound working. Then it stopped and I can't find what I did to break it! I booted with -f recently and sound suddenly worked... and then it kernel paniced (which it hasn't done since the first permission fixes). After rebooting again (and manually recaching kexts) sound is gone again. I'm so confused :)

Now I have notived that my IDE DVD drive doesn't work, presumably because of a JMicron problem :(

Can anyone post exactly what kexts they are successfully using? As well as a DSDT file for a DS3P? Please? :)

Thanks again to all!

Hi, I just install last night snow leopard using MACinized guide (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=183751).

No Kernel Panic yet but I must fix de EHCI issue which give an error with usb drives on sleep. I saw that stellarola blog's have a post related.

I can't get audio an video working via dsdt, but usin efi studio, mi hardware works fine.

Regards

---

Información del hardware:

Nombre del modelo: Mac Pro

Identificador del modelo: MacPro3,1

Velocidad del procesador: 2,43 GHz

Número de procesadores: 1

Número total de núcleos: 4

Caché de nivel 2: 8 MB

Memoria: 4 GB

Velocidad del bus: 1,07 GHz

Versión de la ROM de arranque: MP21.005C.B01

Versión SMC (sistema): 1.13f3

Número de serie (sistema): W88033AKY51

UUID de hardware: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-000000000000

nVidia GeForce 8500 GT:

Modelo de chipset: nVidia GeForce 8500 GT

Tipo: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Anchura de canal PCIe: x16

VRAM (total): 512 MB

Fabricante: NVIDIA (0x10de)

ID del dispositivo: 0x0421

ID de la revisión: 0x00a1

Revisión de la ROM: nVidia GeForce 8500 GT OpenGL Engine [EFI]

Pantallas:

Conector de pantalla:

Estado: No hay ninguna pantalla conectada

SyncMaster:

Resolución: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz

Profundidad de píxel: Color de 32 bits (ARGB8888)

Pantalla principal: Sí

Duplicado: Desactivado

En línea: Sí

Rotación: Compatible

Could you tell me if sleep works fine for you? For me the sleep works fine if left sleeping for a few minutes or so and wakes up along with monitor but of i leave the system sleeping overnight the pc wakes up with out the monitor...how about you?

Hi, I just install last night snow leopard using MACinized guide (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=183751).

No Kernel Panic yet but I must fix de EHCI issue which give an error with usb drives on sleep. I saw that stellarola blog's have a post related.

I can't get audio an video working via dsdt, but usin efi studio, mi hardware works fine.

Regards

---

Información del hardware:

Nombre del modelo: Mac Pro

Identificador del modelo: MacPro3,1

Velocidad del procesador: 2,43 GHz

Número de procesadores: 1

Número total de núcleos: 4

Caché de nivel 2: 8 MB

Memoria: 4 GB

Velocidad del bus: 1,07 GHz

Versión de la ROM de arranque: MP21.005C.B01

Versión SMC (sistema): 1.13f3

Número de serie (sistema): W88033AKY51

UUID de hardware: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-000000000000

nVidia GeForce 8500 GT:

Modelo de chipset: nVidia GeForce 8500 GT

Tipo: GPU

Anchura de canal PCIe: x16

VRAM (total): 512 MB

Fabricante: NVIDIA (0x10de)

ID del dispositivo: 0x0421

ID de la revisión: 0x00a1

Revisión de la ROM: nVidia GeForce 8500 GT OpenGL Engine [EFI]

Pantallas:

Conector de pantalla:

Estado: No hay ninguna pantalla conectada

SyncMaster:

Resolución: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz

Profundidad de píxel: Color de 32 bits (ARGB8888)

Pantalla principal: Sí

Duplicado: Desactivado

En línea: Sí

Rotación: Compatible

You can make your own DSDT from within OSX now, http://www.osx86.es/?p=610. All I did was make my own DSDT which includes some fixes for the CMOS, audio, video, EHCI, and SATA.

Everything works fine, I can wake from sleep from a USB1 device (not USB2), but I can't wake from a magic packet (WOL).

To get Audio working I used a LegacyHDA.kext for ALC888, 3 outs 2 in regular headphone.

Don't forget to update to version 6 of the ep35-ds3l.

You can make your own DSDT from within OSX now, http://www.osx86.es/?p=610. All I did was make my own DSDT which includes some fixes for the CMOS, audio, video, EHCI, and SATA.

Everything works fine, I can wake from sleep from a USB1 device (not USB2), but I can't wake from a magic packet (WOL).

To get Audio working I used a LegacyHDA.kext for ALC888, 3 outs 2 in regular headphone.

Don't forget to update to version 6 of the ep35-ds3l.

Hi Elitee,

I have downloaded the program, but it makes no sense to me. Can you kindly provide me with the DSDT patch for 10.6 for GA-EP35-DS3L (F6 Bios) along with necessary on board accessories, such as network, sound etc.

Also provide with LegacyHDA.kext for ALC888, 3 outs 2 in regular headphone

Hi all,

I used this method:

http://lifehacker.com/5351485/how-to-build...start-to-finish

It worked fine apart from one weird thing. My system profiler wouldn't recognize my firewire card. So i cannot use my motu 8 pre. I don't want the onboard soundcard. I also tried to run Logic and Final cut with no luck.

I have the P35 DS3L mobo.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

ok, I used VampireCats (4th reply) method, and I am now running SL as we speak.

So far no faults, but has anyone got any 'tests' so that I can make sure absolutely everything is working?

Also, when I go to 'about this mac' it says my processor is 3.8Ghz unknown. I actually have a 2.66Ghz quad core.

Also, I have a 9800GTX 1GB graphics card, but it says in system profiler:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+ EFI

Type: GPU

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0612

Revision ID: 0x00a2

ROM Revision: 3172a

any ideas?

thanks for your help, I'm so proud of how this thread has gone :) and I hope it helps everyone =)

edit: o no, just realised the sound isn't working :'(, under sound preferences it says no output device found. help

I think I might have got it. But I'm having problems compiling a dsdt.dsl to a dsdt.aml :S

I use terminal, dragged iasl into it, typed -sa then the dsdt.dsl, enter. It comes up with this:

Error 4068 - Could not open file "/Users/Mac/Desktop//Users/Mac/Desktop/DSDT.aml" (No such file or directory)

I think it's a bit wierd how it repeats the route twice, think that's the problem?

any help?

thanks

Jellymonster, I also have that problem

Anyone know how to fix it?

EDIT: To fix the problem, run sudo -s, then cd to your desktop, i.e. "cd /Users/MyName/Desktop/". then run

iasl -ta dsdt.dsl.

ok, i did this, got some errors, a DSDT.asm file, a DSDT.hex file and no DSDT.aml :S this is what I got:

User-mac-pro:~ User$ cd /Users/User/Desktop

User-mac-pro:Desktop User$ /Users/User/Desktop/iasl -ta DSDT.dsl

Intel ACPI Component Architecture

ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20080926 [Oct 4 2008]

Copyright © 2000 - 2008 Intel Corporation

Supports ACPI Specification Revision 3.0a

DSDT.dsl 222: Method (_WAK, 1, NotSerialized)

Warning 1080 - ^ Reserved method must return a value (_WAK)

DSDT.dsl 285: Store (Local0, Local0)

Error 4050 - ^ Method local variable is not initialized (Local0)

DSDT.dsl 290: Store (Local0, Local0)

Error 4050 - ^ Method local variable is not initialized (Local0)

DSDT.dsl 5015: DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))

Error 4063 - Object does not exist ^ (DTGP)

ASL Input: DSDT.dsl - 5592 lines, 186312 bytes, 2337 keywords

Compilation complete. 3 Errors, 1 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 31 Optimizations

User-mac-pro:Desktop User$

any help?

edit: I'm also posting my DSDT.dsl, if someone could see what is wrong with it it would be much appreciated =)

I think I've now sorted the compiling into DSDT.aml but not sure :S

DSDT.dsl.zip

good news, got bored of DSDT's so I got the VoodoHDA.kext and installed it using kexthelper b7.

Works fine.

Hope this helps

I had to put this in otherwise it KP's when the HDD has too much activity going on =S

hope this helps