Gigabyte EG31M-S2 successful (small guide i used)

shardie

4 posts in this topic

Hi all

My Specs:

Gigabyte EG31M-S2 here

2.8GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo

4GB Kingston Ram

Inno 3D 1GB 9800GT PCIe (with HDMI)

After many many attempts I finally got this working. This is what I used and did, taking tips from all different guides.

The files I used:

These are the files I used

NOTE: Put the AppleHDA.kext, HDAEnabler.kext, NVEnabler.kext and NVinject.kext into /S/L/E folder (system/library/extensions/)

You will need a fully working version of leopard first (I installed SL to a 500GB Seagate)

Method:

1. Make sure your SATA drive you installing to is on disk0 (you can use Disk Utility to check)

2. Install SL by using the OSInstall.mpkg method (plenty threads on how to do that)

3. Once SL is installed to your OTHER drive install Chameleon RC1 (V9) - I NEVER had success with V10.

4. Install DSDT Patcher to the drive

5 I also copied KextUtility to the root of the drive so that I could repair permissions as soon as I get to the desktop before I get a Kernel Panic.

Thats about it.

Points to remember

You can use any guide you want but just remember that your SATA drive must be on disk0 and use Chameleon V9 (RC1)

You can use my files if you want

Use KextUtility to repair permissions (Repairing Permissions is a VERY IMPORTANT thing)

Good Luck

BTW: My system is running full 64bit and its VERY FAST

lemme know if it works

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got it to work as well. EG31M-S2 rev2.

started with this post:

Post 1

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=183751

then found this one for post install:

Post 2

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=142434

only thing i have on my motherboard is a Geforce 8800 GTS 640MB PEG

here's a link to the files i used. if you have the same configuration, start with phase 1.2 of the first post above. if not then do the following:

start with Post 1 and get a DSDT.aml file.

copy that file to a windows PC.

use post 2 to generate a new DSDT.aml file, based on the one you copied from Post 1.

rename the fixeddsdt.aml file to DSDT.aml and copy it to both the 1_DSDT_PATCHER and ScriptFiles folders on your hack under the MacLoader folder. then run post 1 as normal.

Click Here to download My Files to make it work with only a Geforce 8800 GTS 640MB.

had to change audio to line out. was set for headphones. then all was good.

sleep works, but you have to use the power button to wake it up.

audio and network work after resume from sleep.

shutdown and restart work.

thanks to koalala and MACinized