Dell Inspiron 1525

EnCoDeD

22 posts in this topic

I don't know how many people out there have a Dell 1525, but I thought i would try and help as many of them as I can.

I have mine working with Snow for a few weeks now, and it runs good.

I have made my first attempt of making a post installer for this laptop to make it easy on some people. It has all the kext files, DSDT.aml, and boot file that works correctly on this laptop.

I would like some beta testers for this so please if you need this PM me and I will send you the link to d/l.

EnCoDeD

I don't know how many people out there have a Dell 1525, but I thought i would try and help as many of them as I can.

I have made my first attempt of making a post installer for this laptop to make it easy on some people. It has all the kext files, DSDT.aml, and boot file that works correctly on this laptop.

I would like some beta testers for this so please if you need this PM me and I will send you the link to d/l.

EnCoDeD

I have a 1720 that possibly has most of the features you have but I only can't get the DVD drive to work. Any ideas?

Go see netkas (http://netkas.org) for AppleIntelPIIXATA it works great, and if you don't have FakeSMC grab that up as well well your over there.

Edit: One side note, if you use /Extra/Extensions/ then you should have ATAPortInjector.kext and IOATAFamily.kext

I am also running Retail version of Snow Leopard on my Dell Inspiron 1525. If you dont mind I have a few questions on your setup. Also if your interested there is a site dedicated to Dell Inspiron 1525 (http://www.dailyblogged.com/).

What did you do for your sound problem? I am currently using VoodooHDA and the mic doesnt work, plus its not listed under System Preference/Sound.

Where you able to get sleep working fully (plugged/unplugged)?

Other than that everything else is running pretty smooth for me with some minor things I noticed. Transmission takes longer to start downloading, not sure the exact cause of that. If I let my laptop idle and go back to it, it takes the trackpad a moment before it can click on certain things. And And....I guess thats all I really noticed right now.

hey man

i have dell inspiron 1525too

so man tell me everything , do u have everything work cuz my friends tried it out and most of them faced problem with

sd card , internal mic and jumpy track pad , sound problem and a bunch of others

so man tell what what did u use to install it ( boot 132 or flash disk )?

also do u dual booting in the same hard ? . i am triple booting through chameleon but i didn't install from retail and retail use GUID partition so can u install win in GUID partition

i am so gald that u have it running so well so i can learn

EnCoDeD

First of all let me give the specs of my laptop

Dell Inspiron 1525 (R510303) Laptop PC Features

Intel Pentium Dual Core Processor T2330, 1.60 GHz

1-MB L2 Cache, 667Mhz FSB

Mobile Intel Express 965PM/GM Chipset -or- ATI 690T/600SB Chipset Motherboard

1-GB (1024-MB) Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz

120-GB Serial-ATA Hard Drive, 2.5-inch, 5400 rpm

8X DVD Super Multi Double Layer (8.5 GB) DVD Writer

Genuine Windows Vista Home Basic OS

15.4 inch (39.1 cms) WXGA+ Widescreen TFT Anti-glare Display with TrueLife technology, 1280 x 800 pixels resolution

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator GMA X3100 Graphics Chipset with upto 128 MB shared memory

Dell Wireless 1390 802.11a/g/n Mini-Card

Built-in 56 kbps Fax/Modem

Internal 10/100 Ethernet LAN

8-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader, supports – Secure Digital (SD), SDIO, MultiMediaCard (MMC), Memory Stick, MemoryStick PRO, xD-Picture Card, Hi Speed-SD and Hi Density-SD

Integrated 2.0 Megapixels Webcam

Integrated Microphone

High Definition Audio 2.0, Built-in stereo speakers

4 USB v2.0 Ports

PCMCIA Slot

6-cell 56Whr Lithium Ion Battery

Dimensions: WxHxD – 15.5 x 1.5/1.7 x 11.5 inch

Weight: 3.45 Kg

I installed Ideneb 10.5.5

after the installation, in the boot sequence it first comes to the boot screen with apple logo then it shows a blank blue screen for a second and then the screen goes blank , i waited for 10 to 15 mins and still nothing happens

Can someone help me on this problem.

First of all let me give the specs of my laptop

Dell Inspiron 1525 (R510303) Laptop PC Features

Intel Pentium Dual Core Processor T2330, 1.60 GHz

1-MB L2 Cache, 667Mhz FSB

Mobile Intel Express 965PM/GM Chipset -or- ATI 690T/600SB Chipset Motherboard

1-GB (1024-MB) Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz

120-GB Serial-ATA Hard Drive, 2.5-inch, 5400 rpm

8X DVD Super Multi Double Layer (8.5 GB) DVD Writer

Genuine Windows Vista Home Basic OS

15.4 inch (39.1 cms) WXGA+ Widescreen TFT Anti-glare Display with TrueLife technology, 1280 x 800 pixels resolution

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator GMA X3100 Graphics Chipset with upto 128 MB shared memory

Dell Wireless 1390 802.11a/g/n Mini-Card

Built-in 56 kbps Fax/Modem

Internal 10/100 Ethernet LAN

8-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader, supports – Secure Digital (SD), SDIO, MultiMediaCard (MMC), Memory Stick, MemoryStick PRO, xD-Picture Card, Hi Speed-SD and Hi Density-SD

Integrated 2.0 Megapixels Webcam

Integrated Microphone

High Definition Audio 2.0, Built-in stereo speakers

4 USB v2.0 Ports

PCMCIA Slot

6-cell 56Whr Lithium Ion Battery

Dimensions: WxHxD – 15.5 x 1.5/1.7 x 11.5 inch

Weight: 3.45 Kg

I installed Ideneb 10.5.5

after the installation, in the boot sequence it first comes to the boot screen with apple logo then it shows a blank blue screen for a second and then the screen goes blank , i waited for 10 to 15 mins and still nothing happens

Can someone help me on this problem.

You need a dsdt.aml and a decent bootloader. Why 10.5.5? When I install Leopard/Snow Leopard. I keep all the files I need on a another volume so I can cp them over. Basically any kext I have to install or dsdt after it finishes its install and starts counting down I got into terminal which stops the count down and copy and repair what ever I need to add. So when I boot up I basically have a full working os. dsdt will fix the graphics problem. Also never install graphics drivers for our laptops. Vanilla ones work just fine with dsdt.aml dsdt.aml.zip

well I am at work right now and dont have all of my kext files but let me see what i can do to get them here and upload them so you kids can play with them.

PS: my sd card reader does work..

I am looking into editing the DSDT.aml file to add support for Network, Airport(dell cards), and sound. if anyone can help with getting the sigmatel 9288 pin configs, and other info it would help, maybe from a good working 10.5.8 install.

Edit: Uploaded Files..

Cycne: allow the laptop to get back to that same point then when the screen goes black pull the power cord and close the lid. Give it 20-30 mins and it should have gone to sleep. Open the lid and push the power button it should wake up and u can finish the setup. When it gets to the desktop install the dsdt.aml file and make sure ur boot loader will use it (chameleon rc-1 or 2 will work). Then u can reboot and all should be good in video land!

EnCoDeD

well I am at work right now and dont have all of my kext files but let me see what i can do to get them here and upload them so you kids can play with them.

PS: my sd card reader does work..

I am looking into editing the DSDT.aml file to add support for Network, Airport(dell cards), and sound. if anyone can help with getting the sigmatel 9288 pin configs, and other info it would help, maybe from a good working 10.5.8 install.

Edit: Uploaded Files..

Cycne: allow the laptop to get back to that same point then when the screen goes black pull the power cord and close the lid. Give it 20-30 mins and it should have gone to sleep. Open the lid and push the power button it should wake up and u can finish the setup. When it gets to the desktop install the dsdt.aml file and make sure ur boot loader will use it (chameleon rc-1 or 2 will work). Then u can reboot and all should be good in video land!

EnCoDeD

EnCoDeD

Hey, I'm having trouble installing Snow on my 1525. I'm using a guide on LifeHacker (how to build a Hackintosh) to prepare my thumb drive with the Snow installer, chameleon, and all except I used the files (Snow Kext Files and boot) posted later in this thread in place of the extra file he posted for his configuration. I am able to begin the process but it continually ends on a screen that says, "You need to restart your computer..." blah blah blah. If I press F8 so I can select the drive (the choices are the internal HD or the thumb drive I'm trying to install from) and option (-v, -f, -s, etc.). Any Ideas? This is a clean retail disc install, no option of upgrading as other guides recommend.

• 1 month later...

I have an Inspiron 1525 and would love to be a guinea pig... drivers and DSDT please ;)

EnCoDeD

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

EnCoDeD

Can u send me a link?

• 5 months later...

You will get that KP after you use kext helper to install your kexts. I just copy mine to System/Library/Extensions but I don't know if that is correct. Also voodoohda prefpane just gives me the "Can't get registry-entry path" Error. I used the guide on macyourpc for mine.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Whats your battery life like on the 1525?

I got mine from ebay a couple of days ago and have snow leopard on it - 10.6.1

My battery lasts just over an hour, but of course it could be worn out as second hand

I have istat pro installed, but it doesn't show any battery stats, just sits on calculating....

Any help or comments appreciated.

Many thanks

Bryan

• 2 months later...
Hi Guys,

Whats your battery life like on the 1525?

I got mine from ebay a couple of days ago and have snow leopard on it - 10.6.1

My battery lasts just over an hour, but of course it could be worn out as second hand

I have istat pro installed, but it doesn't show any battery stats, just sits on calculating....

Any help or comments appreciated.

Many thanks

Bryan

Boot in windows, run everest, check out the battery charge life expectancy. Buy new battery if needed. Mine lasts for hours.

Boot in windows, run everest, check out the battery charge life expectancy. Buy new battery if needed. Mine lasts for hours.

I bought mine used on Ebay too just to run Snow Leopard. Bought a new 9 cell battery in june and get a little over two hours now, down from two and half hours when it was new.

The new dsdt patcher works great at compiling a good working dsdt.aml file for the Inspiron 1525. So with the right kexts, com.apple.Boot.plist, smbios.plist and dsdt.aml everything is works almost perfectly right now under SL 10.6.5. Id say "perfect" but there is really no such thing unless you buy a real Mac, but 98% is perfect enough in my book. I have everything working right now and couldn't be happier.

post-208768-1291309882_thumb.png

post-208768-1291309901_thumb.jpg

I thought I would add my two cents, I have used both the macyourpc method and Dailyblogged method to install, both with great success. I am currently on the Dailyblogged install, which I like because of the added benefit that each update is tested and posted on with instructions, saving me the guinea pig routine. I don't have the webcam or the microphone, but everything else works great, with the possible exception of sleep, as I don't use it, I have my own reasons for that.

I thought I would add my two cents, I have used both the macyourpc method and Dailyblogged method to install, both with great success. I am currently on the Dailyblogged install, which I like because of the added benefit that each update is tested and posted on with instructions, saving me the guinea pig routine. I don't have the webcam or the microphone, but everything else works great, with the possible exception of sleep, as I don't use it, I have my own reasons for that.

ok, yeah I have seen a few of yours posts there at Dailyblogged. I go there too because I am always looking for new and improved ways to make my Inspiron 1525 work better with more compatibility. I have found that blog to be very useful too.