[Success] Snow Leopard on Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L

Burpethead

42 posts in this topic

Nah.. So I should probably look for a more compatible board. ESL2 maybe ...

@greythorne: have you tried the SleepEnabler kext ?

Here's the modded 10.6.2 SleepEnabler kext:

* withhout iTunes lag fix: http://www.mediafire.com/?0zykzyehgz5

* with iTunes lag fix: http://www.mediafire.com/?ezuzyjnz2iy

Yup tried sleepenabler.kext and i tried to put into Extensions.mkext i also tried putting into S/L/E but neither worked. Sleep is the only issue im facing now.

regards

do you have the CMOS reset fix in the DSDT.aml file?

thanks.

where do i get the following from?

smbios.plist

Extensions:

->EvOreboot.kext

->fakesmc.kext

->LegacyHDA.kext

->PlatformUUID.kext

->SleepEnabler.kext

Could send me your DSDT file without the gfx and LAN fix? Since you got the C & P states working furthermore we have the same board and CPU.

thanks and regards

Maybe you should try this one first

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...18#entry1301015

OK finally the important issues are sorted out. Sleep is working manually and able to wake from it by clicking USB mouse or keyboard no more USB wake error issue. P & C states are working.

Right now my extensions has the following kext:

EvoReboot.kext

fakeSMC.kext

LegacyHDA.kext

LegacyAppleAHCIPort.kext

Using chameleon bootloader RC4 so can remove the PlatformUUID.kext. Next i trying to include SBUS,EC into my DSDT. Being closely following the others threads on DSDT fixes for Gigabytes boards.

Trying to get as close to a real Mac!!

Regards

OK finally the important issues are sorted out. Sleep is working manually and able to wake from it by clicking USB mouse or keyboard no more USB wake error issue. P & C states are working.

EvoReboot.kext

fakeSMC.kext

LegacyHDA.kext

LegacyAppleAHCIPort.kext

Using chameleon bootloader RC4 so can remove the PlatformUUID.kext. Next i trying to include SBUS,EC into my DSDT. Being closely following the others threads on DSDT fixes for Gigabytes boards.

Regards

Great news !

What DSDT did you use ?

You edited or removed PlatformUUID.kext ?

Great news !

What DSDT did you use ?

You edited or removed PlatformUUID.kext ?

I removed the PlatformUUID.kext because the new chameleon bootloader has fix for it already so no need for that.

The DSDT i build myself using the ACPI windows patcher from one of the forumer here and i followed Blackos guide after which followed Master Chief on USB fixes and the rest comes form all over this forum. I still have to add SMBUS and EC probably there are other things to add too but right now i have my system where i want it to be.

Regards

• 1 month later...

hello everyone, i'm really hoping to get help for a few things. i have successfully installed a vanilla retail 10.6. i am using chameleon rc4 v3.

here is a screenshot of my extras:

extrasfolder.png

is there anything else that i need or anythign that i don't need?

my main issue is that whenever i use shut down or restart the os just hangs. i thought i had the right kexts but apparently not.

i also would like to update to 10.6.2 but the last time i tried that i got kp so i would like to know what i need to do to update successfully.

i have a couople others but i will edit this later to add, but any help with these two things would be amazing.

hello everyone, i'm really hoping to get help for a few things. i have successfully installed a vanilla retail 10.6. i am using chameleon rc4 v3.

here is a screenshot of my extras:

extrasfolder.png

is there anything else that i need or anythign that i don't need?

my main issue is that whenever i use shut down or restart the os just hangs. i thought i had the right kexts but apparently not.

i also would like to update to 10.6.2 but the last time i tried that i got kp so i would like to know what i need to do to update successfully.

i have a couople others but i will edit this later to add, but any help with these two things would be amazing.

try this kext, http://www.kexts.com/view/136-evoreboot,_r...w_leopard..html

I followed the LifeHacker revised guide and used his installer (made for a P45 mobo) with SL on an 8GB USB stick.

One change to make is to put in a dsdt.aml file that is made for the EP35-DS3L- I am using the one described above put in the Extra folder. I also enabled HDEF audio as described above by adding that section to the DSDT and putting in the proper LegacyHDA.kext for the ALC888 audio. I updated to 10.6.1 using software update.

Moving to 10.6.2 was pretty straightforward, following the Netkas' instructions. In my "Extra" folder I have:

com.apple.Boot.plist

dsdt.aml

smbios.plist

Extensions:

->AHCIPortInjector.kext

->EvOreboot.kext

->fakesmc.kext

->LegacyHDA.kext

->NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

->PlatformUUID.kext

->SleepEnabler.kext

Sorry I'm pretty late to the party on this but I'm finally trying to upgrade my Hackintosh to SL. I followed the Lifehacker guide and it worked a treat, graphics & networking working out the box, but I'm getting UUID errors and am guessing an upgrade to 10.6.2 is going to break it all without adding more kext's?

But I can't see how to add new kext's to this installer? The lifehacker installer creates an /Extra directory but it doesn't then have a sub Extensions directory? Just an Extensions.mkext, which I'm assuming is a complied list of the kext that the lifehacker installer used.

How do I add new kexts to this? I can create an Extensions directory and dump your kexts in there but how do I then get it to merge them all in to an Extentions.mkext and where do I get the original ones that the lifehacker installer used?

Sorry am I missing something simple here?

Cheers

Gavin

Just finished my snow leopard install, currently running 10.6.2, using the files agrajag posted(including DSDT) with the .plist code string he entered above. I'm using all the same .kexts as him, except for the uuid one since it's no longer necessary due to RC4. Took me about and hour and a half to get up running and fully installed. Sleep seems to work a little funny, my computer and monitor shut off, and when I move my mouse it's as if I just turned the computer on. I'm not sure what's causing it but it's not a big deal I just turned sleep off.

• 1 year later...

Hey there, is anyone running 10.6.7 with the GA-EP35-DS3L?

I have it running well (64 bit) but still can't get sound working. Tried modifying DSDT.aml, and multiple kexts.

Any advice greatly appreciated, thanks!

Just finished my snow leopard install, currently running 10.6.2, using the files agrajag posted(including DSDT) with the .plist code string he entered above. I'm using all the same .kexts as him, except for the uuid one since it's no longer necessary due to RC4. Took me about and hour and a half to get up running and fully installed. Sleep seems to work a little funny, my computer and monitor shut off, and when I move my mouse it's as if I just turned the computer on. I'm not sure what's causing it but it's not a big deal I just turned sleep off.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

EvoReboot.kext

fakeSMC.kext

LegacyHDA.kext

LegacyAppleAHCIPort.kext

Regards

So if I'm running Clover on the same board with Yosemite, do I just have the LegacyHDA.kext in the kext folder under clover folder from EFI folder?  What about the AppleHDA.kext under System/Library/Extensions?