HP Elitebook 6930p?

chaosinmind

7 posts in this topic

Hello. Has anyone tried installing OSX on an HP Elitebook 6930p? If so how compatible is it and what version did you use? For example, iDeneb 1.4.

yeah i did with iAtkos v6 but its not worth it in my opinion. You get stuck with a very low resolution, something like 1024x768 . Also no wifi, I think everything else worked fine but the resolution and wifi. The sound may or may not work too, try it out see if you like it!

• 1 month later...
Hello. Has anyone tried installing OSX on an HP Elitebook 6930p? If so how compatible is it and what version did you use? For example, iDeneb 1.4.

I have gotten iATKOS Leopard and Snow Leopard to install without any bios changes. Leopard does not initialize or recognize internal nic, internal wireless, keyboard and mouse but does initialize the sound devices and firewire and usb. The graphics are ok. I have to connect a usb mouse and keyboard to navigate.

Snow Leopard iATKOS works pretty good, better graphics but I lost sound capabilities. It is faster, cleaner but you still have to connect a usb keyboard and mouse and no internal wireless, NIC or sound.

I think it is just a matter of jacking in the right kernel extensions (kext) or driver module for these components.

• 1 month later...

After 2 Days of testing and doing lots of tutorials, i´ve got my HP 6930p running with Snow Leopard.

I have used SnowOSX Universal 3.5 DVD to boot from and an 500GB USB-DISK as Target OS X Disk. On my internal SATA SSD there is Windows 7.

Some important notes on installation:

- in addition to the other bios settings written in some tutorials its important to disable the dual core function of the processor.

- i have to format the USB-Disk with MBR!

What ok whats not?:

- reboot doesn´t work. I have to start (maybe 1 or 2 times) with boot parameters "-v cpus=1"

- WLAN doesn´t work there is no driver (kext), i use an other USB-WLAN Stick (realtec)

- LAN doesn´t work

- Sound doesn´t work

- ATI Radeon 3400 works only with 1024x768

- Keyboard is OK with PS2 kext (choose during installation)

I am still trying to enable some of the failing devices and to fix the boot/reboot problems.

regards,

Klaus

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I want to install OS X in this notebook. Any update on this? Is there anyone that has been 100% successful with this install?

Cheers

Well guys, yes I have installed SL on 6930P upgraded to 10.6.4, NIC works, mousepad, keyboard ect... all for one, the Ati card does not have a driver, and I cant seem to find one that works, multibeasting it doesn't seem to work either.

So can anyone help me with regards getting a driver for this pc, ATI device id="0x95c4" not "0x95c5"- this just causes a kernel panic :(

If you want a guide on how I got this far, it was very simple just send me a mail @ snowdustrn@hotmail.com, please browse a couple of pages for a ATI driver before mailing me :(

• 5 years later...

Drivers: https://code.google.com/archive/p/osx86-driver-radeonhd/

No QE/CI, just screen resolution.

My setup:

Hp 6930p running mac os x 10.5.4 retail
Battery: Battery kext

Graphic: RadeonHD kexts (No QE/CI)

Sound: Voodoo HDA 0.2.2
Bluetooth (Integrated with wifi card)
Wifi: No (replace?)
Lan: Not work