HD3870 on 10.6

vitai

3 posts in this topic

Hi guyz ;)

Here is my situation:

I have SL installed, but can't boot it yet. (no errors but I have no idea how to setup GPU - HD3870. Tried many things)

:D

So what should I do after SL is installed to get HD3870 working?

I have read on Netkas web that there are problems with getting HD3870 up and running.

Is there any way how can i get it working?

Please save me. I want to try Snow Leopard :D:angel:

(I have Leopard 10.5 working on another partition)

I will be grateful for any help ;)

I was not able to get the card working at all. I tried a number of different things, from installing the 3800 series drivers I found on here from Leopard, to trying a number of EFI strings found from the Extended EFI Studio. Nothing would work.

I eventually gave up and bought a GeForce 9800GT. Had SL installed in minutes. AND I find things much faster than with my HD3870.

A7

I was not able to get the card working at all. I tried a number of different things, from installing the 3800 series drivers I found on here from Leopard, to trying a number of EFI strings found from the Extended EFI Studio. Nothing would work.

I eventually gave up and bought a GeForce 9800GT. Had SL installed in minutes. AND I find things much faster than with my HD3870.

A7

Thanks for response :)

Well i tried Leopard driver too(from XxX 10.5.6 Final v2)...

SL booted just fine then after-install setup came up (Setting up keyboard, registration, creating user account...)

Everything was OK then logon screen appeared, i entered password and clicked log on but I was unable to log in.

Entire screen changed to black and then logon screen appeared againg. Maybe it can be problem with permissions but I have no way to repair them... so i can't check this out.

About GPU... I am waiting on HD5870 :) I hope things will go easier.