Asus P5K WS, Q9550, HD3870

winnimac

3 posts in this topic

Hi

has anyone installed SL on a P5K WS Board?

i used some howto´s but get always kernel panic.

any idea?

thx

there are probably 30 or more guides to install on a p5* board even i'd venture to guess 15 for p5k, if it booted you did it right, i'm assuming if you followed a guide that you installed from an already existing leopard install, which works good, however it creates privilege errors for SL, you need to run a program like kext utility to repair permissions, you may have to do this several times over and over, its normal for this to be kernel panicking, its well documented all over this site, as well as 13491208093841 other posts saying they're having kernel panics...you just need to repair permissions.

there are probably 30 or more guides to install on a p5* board even i'd venture to guess 15 for p5k, if it booted you did it right, i'm assuming if you followed a guide that you installed from an already existing leopard install, which works good, however it creates privilege errors for SL, you need to run a program like kext utility to repair permissions, you may have to do this several times over and over, its normal for this to be kernel panicking, its well documented all over this site, as well as 13491208093841 other posts saying they're having kernel panics...you just need to repair permissions.

THX, yes i used some of this P5K x guides, yes i installed from a .5.8 and i have read about some things with rights

and so, but always the same. i think the time is not right for SL, not enough experience. There are also a lot of

mistakes with 64 bit and drivers. What about benchmarks between 10.5.8 and 10.6?