Snow Leopard on PC

2 posts in this topic

Hey all, this is my first post, so go easy on me. I have been reading posts here about how there is no real easy way to install SL without having an existing Leopard install. I may be wrong, but that is the sense I am getting. Regardless, I came across SnowOSX_Universal_10.6(432)GM-v3.5.iso, and it booted and installed perfectly on my Dell 755 (no sound though, yet) without having to do restores, or kext purges or anything like that.

So did I come across an early dev edition that has an installer? Did the creator make the install happen behind the scenes--or I am just using a 'faked' Leopard disk that someone cleverly mocked up to look like SL?

I also downloaded the v3.5 Iso installed successfully but I was not able to get it to boot in any manner although during installation I encountered no problems and I had no install of Leopard on my desktop in the not so recent past although I got the latest iDeneb 10.5.8 working without any problems and a lot of previous distro's from Tiger days as well.