[TOTALLY VANILLA] Retail Snow Leopard

MACinized

530 posts in this topic

Hey, so thanks alot for this guide, i just got my install up and running. And as far as i can see its working ;)

However its just 1 thing thats bothering me, when i boot the computer and i get to Charmeleon screen to select which HD to boot, it always chooses my "Snowleopard backup" harddrive over my partion where i have my actual SL installed on.

I realize in disk utility i have 3 partition, and i put my SL install on the bottom, so i guess it has the lowest number, say 3, and the bootloader goes 1, 2 and then 3.

My question is if anyone know how to change so it choose the *right* HD at start?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just a quick couple questions.

When running 3_MacLoader are we supposed to answer "Y" to the question: Do you want to setup MacLoader in the EFI-partition?

When I do I get some messages of: No such file or directory when the script tries to access /Volumes/EFI/Extra/Extensions.mkext and then the following:

fdisk: could not open MBR file /usr/standalone/i386/boot0: No such file or directory (isn't i386 for windows??)<-- I think I saw a post earlier that said to ignor this, just making sure.

Then upon reboot I get the Apple Logo and an infinate grey spinning circle.

Any ideas?

Booting with the -v -f flag shows the boot stoping with the following error:

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::pushCPU_CSTData - _CST evaluation failed

Hardware is ASUS P5GC-mx 1333 and Nvidia 9500 GT. I had this system working well with the 10.5.X iAtkos build, but had difficulties when upgrading to SL, so I decided it was time to try to go Vanilla. Thanks in advance for help.

• 5 months later...

Hi!

It is a very nice guide indeed but I am having some problems installing SL. The USB-disk seems to have been created without any problems but when I boot from it the screen goes grey after the apple logo. I have tried the solutions that have been mentioned earlier but they do not seem to work. I am pretty convinced that it is my ati 4850 that is messing up the installation but I have not managed to add driver kexts or enable graphics enabler for it. I can boot the installation in safe mode without grey screen but the installer ends abruptly when 15 min are left. I think that this could be due to some drivers that are ignored because of safe mode. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

p5q deluxe custum rom for mac

intel 8600

4gb ram

his radeon 4850

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone help me I installed this (and retail snow leopard) to my disk no problem I also added the mach_modbin kernel with no problem it even boots from the disk with no problem. When I get into the installer all my disks say cannot install here (and yes I tried formatting them) does anybody know what I need to do to fix this.

-edit-

I also added the following kexts.

AppleIntelPIIXATA

fakesmc

IOATAFamily

NullCPUPowerManagement

OpenHaltRestart

PlatformUUID

Sleepenabler

Here are my specs in case you need them.

Pentium D Processor

NVIDIA GeForce 6200

945p MOBO

3.5GB DDR2 Ram

2 - 150GB SATA Harddrives

-edit-

Gone through the setup Process 3 times now and I can't even get it to boot anymore :)