• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Shauneh

Shauneh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
I am having some success with running the chameleon bootloader on ICH10R running in RAID without having to use a USB drive to boot. I'm using AHCI and ATA port injector kexts in the bootloader obviously there is no compatibility in access to the raided drives in Mac but at least I can have the bootloader on the SL drive (10.6.6 - Retail) and have the BIOS boot from that drive.

Thanks,
--
Shauneh.

davidthamwf

davidthamwf

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I am having some success with running the chameleon bootloader on ICH10R running in RAID without having to use a USB drive to boot. I'm using AHCI and ATA port injector kexts in the bootloader obviously there is no compatibility in access to the raided drives in Mac but at least I can have the bootloader on the SL drive (10.6.6 - Retail) and have the BIOS boot from that drive.

Thanks,
--
Shauneh.

Hi sorry i know the thread is a bit old but i really need help with this.

I am sseing you all able to fool the OS X to boot the Mac SL with the Raid mode on under BIOS, which in this case everybody is using intel based mobo having ICH10R chipset. Mine is AMD mobo with SB750 on it, any chance for the similar feat to be done on my system?? My wish is imple is to let the Mac SL boot under raid mode in BIOS without interfering with my other 2 drives in raid 0 (with Windows 7 installed on them)

straccio

straccio

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I have tried with an USB key, GRUB2 with differents bootloaders without success.
I'm trying to configure a raid5 on ICH10r with 3 disk, but when OSX load i see all 3 disk no the raid volume.

NeXtor

NeXtor

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
I have the same problem of "straccio", I set up my two ssd in raid0 but when it starts to install Snow Leopard, Disk Utility recognizes the two ssd as individuals and not in raid ...

To start the installation of S.O. I used Chameleon 2 RC5 750 installed on a USB stick.

P.S. I read somewhere that to use the raid must use a compatible version of Chameleon... the one I used is compatible? if not, this could be the problem and at this point I should use the version that has also been support for P-and C-State??

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy