• Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

DamienValentine

DamienValentine

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Well, here you go. My ioreg, screenshots,logs and other stuff in PDF documents. P-States declared in _PSS under each CPU and C-States declared in separate scopes on the bottom of DSDT.dsl.

P.S. I forgot to mention. I have ASUS WL-138G described as WIFI in DSDT. It will not impact anything but maybe you should remove that scope or edit according to your device in PCI slot.

UPDATE:
I have read some documentation about reset methods
  • Putting the processor back into real mode and jumping to the BIOS reset address
  • Keyboard controller reset by writing 0xfe to port 0x64
  • Forcing the processor to triple fault
  • By forcing a Intel PCI reset by writing 0x2 and then 0x04 to port 0xCF9
  • By writing a magic value to a port/register, as specified by ACPI FACP values RESET_VALUE and RESET_REG (an "ACPI reset")
and I choose forcing Intel PCI reset by writing 0x06 to address 0xCF9 (should be compatible with ICH6, ICH7, ICH8). Well, trick works I guess. I am not completely sure about that, but if I put my crappy handmade code into _GTS (going to sleep) method then my PC falls into reboot when selecting Shutdown. OpenHaltRestart.kext is NOT installed. So, in _GTS method I check that state is going to be S5 (which stands for Soft-Off) and then I just reset PCI. But I need to trigger this on reset state and I don't know how.

Put this in your DSDT after _WAK method. I assume you don't have _GTS method already, in case you have one - edit it. Also, try on your own risk:

/* Reboot implementation - Start */    OperationRegion (REST, SystemIO, 0xCF9, One)    Field (REST, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)    {        IORS,   8    }	Method (_GTS, 1, NotSerialized)	{		If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x05)) {			Store (0x06, IORS) // If going to state S5 then write 0x06 to 0xCF9		}	}	/* Reboot implementation - End */

Attached Files

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
Looked on your DSDT, do you have any idea what you injected there?
Something for you to think off:

Posted Image

;)

ugokind

ugokind

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,710 posts
  • Interests:Apicoltura
    Mac
    Linux
    Homebrew
    Australia
    Spremermilcervello
you're welcome.. but what .. beautiful picture!

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

you're welcome.. but what .. beautiful picture!

Is not just a picture...is my D945GCLF2 on 10.5.6, o/c SpeedStep is not working since Atom330 dosen't have EIST support, but was funny for me to get those, and at least to get rid of _CST, LPC, _PSS errors :)
the rest is working as it should, sleep, restart..crap like that.

DamienValentine

DamienValentine

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Do not understand what are you trying to say. It's 10.5.6 and I have no problems with 10.5.6. But Apple moves very fast and we got 10.6.1. That's where problems begin, not with 10.5.6. Besides, iTunes and iLife requirements grow up, so 10.5.6 is no go, you have to upgrade.

Oh, sorry. It's clear to me now :). Your post appeared right after I post and refresh.

DSDT is crappy because I just copied everything I got from real Mac DSDT. Will fix later. Currently trying to get restart working.

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
You will have an ugly surprise on 10.6.2, atom support is removed, panic all over, I got it working(but like crap) with 10.6 kernel and disabler...still messing with it to get it working at least w/o disabler, but so far the horizon is not blue...
I'll post my results/tricks once i'm done or get bored of this board and sell it...

P.S. GMA's got x86_64 drivers but we can't use them(panic) funny...

DamienValentine

DamienValentine

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Not bad. And what about ION? I will probably switch if at least 70% of that works out-of-the-box.

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
ION use same ATOM 330 so...borked crap.

ugokind

ugokind

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,710 posts
  • Interests:Apicoltura
    Mac
    Linux
    Homebrew
    Australia
    Spremermilcervello
and what about a voodoo kernel in 10.6.2? is a woarkaround but I hope next releases will have atom support too! :§(

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
Is not just the kernel...is ACPIPlatform, IOACPIFamily...etc

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
And x86_64 Intel GMA 950...

Posted Image

DamienValentine

DamienValentine

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Can you post your DSDT? You have many AAPL values injected and I want to test them. I get kernel panic when I have some of them injected, can't remember which one. But maybe I will reach desktop with your DSDT. Thanks.

I hear that 10.6.2 is coming on October, 19. So I am trying some non-vanilla kernels. With Qoopz I lose sleep, with Voodoo 2 I lose USB. To get USB I need System.kext and to get sleep I need SleepEnabler. Someone else experience same problem? Maybe some "sleep-restart-usb kernel" exists?

leppy700m

leppy700m

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

You will have an ugly surprise on 10.6.2, atom support is removed, panic all over, I got it working(but like crap) with 10.6 kernel and disabler...still messing with it to get it working at least w/o disabler, but so far the horizon is not blue...
I'll post my results/tricks once i'm done or get bored of this board and sell it...

P.S. GMA's got x86_64 drivers but we can't use them(panic) funny...

How do you know this?

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
Look on last pic.
To get it working I have to use 10.6 kernel and iopcifamily...disabler and works like crap.

@DamienValentine not until i finish it.

leppy700m

leppy700m

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Look on last pic.
To get it working I have to use 10.6 kernel and iopcifamily...disabler and works like crap.

@DamienValentine not until i finish it.

I mean how do you know what is in 10.6.2 update?

DamienValentine

DamienValentine

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Well. I tried qoopz kernel and voodoo 2 alpha 3. Voodoo refuses to boot at all, there is a conflict with fakeSMC, can be resolved with blacklist=0 so fakeSMC must load but still can't.

Qoopz works very well, no need in NullCPUPowerManagement and other disablers because qoopz blacklists bad kexts like AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement. Restart/sleep work with OpenHaltRestart/SleepEnabler. So I got Iceberg Package Manager and created custom package with fakeSMC, OpenHaltRestart, SleepEnabler, IOATAFamily, VoodooHDA, DSDT.aml and qoopz version of mach_kernel. Now my D945GCLF2D.pkg installs all of that without problems and I plan to slipstream this package straight into OS X distro. So I will be able to install Mac OS with all needed kexts and that will work without any error messages (DSDT manages _CST and qoopz eliminates Error 35).

But now I have another problem. HyperThreading still not works, and Wi-Fi works like crap. 802.11b/g card transfer files between two Hackintoshes with 1MB/sec. Peek SATA drive speed is 1.5MB/sec, but copying from drive to drive directly gives 33MB/sec, even from DVD to HDD. WTF? SATA problem or WiFi problem? And how is your progress, guys?

nok6230

nok6230

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
colleagues,

I have been following this thread for a few days now. I have read through it backwards and forwards, I just got my d945gclf2 with the intention of installing snow leopard server. Today I finally got it up and running, but with several issues that I need to resolve. Snow Server is practically the same as snow, I tested this on my other hackintosh.

Could you guys who are further in the process give us an overview of where you are in the process and possibly upload your latest DSDT, extensions, smbios, boot.plist?

I am using a mixture of files from here, so far i only have graphics and ehthernet (with no bonjour). NO Audio, Sleep, restart, and shutdown are not working. Also what bootloader are you using? I am using chameleon RC2 with the RC3 boot in /root.

my ext. are

AppleRTC.kext
fakesmc.kext
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext
IOAHCIshow.kext
IOATAFamily.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
OpenHaltRestart.kext
PlatformUUID.kext
VoodooHDA.kext

Thanks in advance

lekr

lekr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

colleagues,

I have been following this thread for a few days now. I have read through it backwards and forwards, I just got my d945gclf2 with the intention of installing snow leopard server. Today I finally got it up and running, but with several issues that I need to resolve. Snow Server is practically the same as snow, I tested this on my other hackintosh.

Could you guys who are further in the process give us an overview of where you are in the process and possibly upload your latest DSDT, extensions, smbios, boot.plist?

I am using a mixture of files from here, so far i only have graphics and ehthernet (with no bonjour). NO Audio, Sleep, restart, and shutdown are not working. Also what bootloader are you using? I am using chameleon RC2 with the RC3 boot in /root.

my ext. are

AppleRTC.kext
fakesmc.kext
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext
IOAHCIshow.kext
IOATAFamily.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
OpenHaltRestart.kext
PlatformUUID.kext
VoodooHDA.kext

Thanks in advance

Hi

I've done the same thing yesterday ...

for the lan, you need the realtek1000 kext, it will give you full bonjour. (you can find it on kexts.com)

for the others things, i don't know, as I use it as a 24/7 server, i don't use the power button

nok6230

nok6230

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
THE DOCTOR IS IN THE HOUSE!!

well, it is all to the credit of everybody else here. As of now i have a fully functional osx 10.6.1 SERVER with the following things WORKING!!!:

HyperThreading (4 cores baby)
Sleep, shutdown, restart
LAN with full bonjour support
video

The only thing not working is Audio, but I will not even go there becuase I don't need it.

I have used a combination of methods from this post. I overlooked a post earlier that had info about mach_kernel.test7
I use this kernel, with the boot file and HT, sleep, shutdown, and restart worked all of a sudden. i am using damiens second DSDT

I also had o download the realtek drivers from the realtek website to get bonjour working properly.

as of now the configuration is a mix of many different contributors.
Thank you everybody!

I will post specifics later along with all of the files I am using.

cheers

Hi

I've done the same thing yesterday ...

for the lan, you need the realtek1000 kext, it will give you full bonjour. (you can find it on kexts.com)

for the others things, i don't know, as I use it as a 24/7 server, i don't use the power button

lekr

lekr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

THE DOCTOR IS IN THE HOUSE!!

well, it is all to the credit of everybody else here. As of now i have a fully functional osx 10.6.1 SERVER with the following things WORKING!!!:

HyperThreading (4 cores baby)
Sleep, shutdown, restart
LAN with full bonjour support
video

The only thing not working is Audio, but I will not even go there becuase I don't need it.

I have used a combination of methods from this post. I overlooked a post earlier that had info about mach_kernel.test7
I use this kernel, with the boot file and HT, sleep, shutdown, and restart worked all of a sudden. i am using damiens second DSDT

I also had o download the realtek drivers from the realtek website to get bonjour working properly.

as of now the configuration is a mix of many different contributors.
Thank you everybody!

I will post specifics later along with all of the files I am using.

cheers

Congrats !!

I would get HyperThreading working too ... but I didn't find how to ...
that would be nice if you could explain how you managed to get it working

thanks in advance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy