D945GCLF2 Snow Leopard

248 posts in this topic

Morndry,

Damien advised in the post just above yours that he is still getting "Error 35, of course. I have no UUID injected.", once this is resolved you will be able to use Time Machine. This can be done thru a DSDT patch or .plist injection.

:(

Morndry,

Damien advised in the post just above yours that he is still getting "Error 35, of course. I have no UUID injected.", once this is resolved you will be able to use Time Machine. This can be done thru a DSDT patch or .plist injection.

:wacko:

After a couple days of expirimenting it seems that PlatformUUID.kext, from ugokind's post, was the key. Putting the uuid in the boot.plist does not seem to matter.

Hi all!

I am currently running 10.5.7 with this nice mobo, and very happy with performance and stability. I never had a crash.

I am wondering, if the here described Install of SL is usable for allday-work.

Do the DSDT's work?

Damien, do you have any progress in this issue? Or are you stuck to Windows7? ;-)

Best Regrards

Soave

Well, I am not getting _CST evaluation errors anymore, because I have injected P-States and C-States into my DSDT.

HyperThreading option in BIOS is always Enabled, because I have deleted CPU2 and CPU4 from DSDT and leaved only CPU1 (0x00) and CPU3 (0x02), so computer boots every time, but no HyperThreading of course. With 10.5.7 I have problems with reboot, 10.5.8 not tested yet, and 10.6.1 gives more headaches with sleep (CPU power management is not tested yet). Thats can be easily fixed with SleepEnabler.kext and OpenHaltRestart.kext (pay attention - there are new versions on those internets), but I prefer to fix DSDT, because I want to flash final version straight into BIOS and forget about that massacre forever.

So how can I test C-states and P-states for sure? Need to prove that DSDT works, then clean up a mess in code and then can post it.

Important:

A little bit offtopic but where can I get this enclosure http://www.viako.com/product/detailinfo.as...&BCODE=B199

Maybe someone knows at least one site with international shipping.

Yeah. Atom doesn't support SpeedStep. But OS X expects another behaviour. So I added C-States and changed model to MacPro 3,1 in smbios.plist. And this eliminates _CST errors and AppleLPC loads fine. All I need to do is jsut slim my code a little - just to override error, not to give my processor extra feature it doesn't support :). Will post my DSDT in 2 hours - I am at work now.

Well, here you go. My ioreg, screenshots,logs and other stuff in PDF documents. P-States declared in _PSS under each CPU and C-States declared in separate scopes on the bottom of DSDT.dsl.

P.S. I forgot to mention. I have ASUS WL-138G described as WIFI in DSDT. It will not impact anything but maybe you should remove that scope or edit according to your device in PCI slot.

UPDATE:

I have read some documentation about reset methods

• Putting the processor back into real mode and jumping to the BIOS reset address
  • Keyboard controller reset by writing 0xfe to port 0x64
  • Forcing the processor to triple fault
  • By forcing a Intel PCI reset by writing 0x2 and then 0x04 to port 0xCF9
  • By writing a magic value to a port/register, as specified by ACPI FACP values RESET_VALUE and RESET_REG (an "ACPI reset")

and I choose forcing Intel PCI reset by writing 0x06 to address 0xCF9 (should be compatible with ICH6, ICH7, ICH8). Well, trick works I guess. I am not completely sure about that, but if I put my crappy handmade code into _GTS (going to sleep) method then my PC falls into reboot when selecting Shutdown. OpenHaltRestart.kext is NOT installed. So, in _GTS method I check that state is going to be S5 (which stands for Soft-Off) and then I just reset PCI. But I need to trigger this on reset state and I don't know how.

Put this in your DSDT after _WAK method. I assume you don't have _GTS method already, in case you have one - edit it. Also, try on your own risk:

/* Reboot implementation - Start */
   OperationRegion (REST, SystemIO, 0xCF9, One)
   Field (REST, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
   {
       IORS,   8
   }
Method (_GTS, 1, NotSerialized)
{
	If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x05)) {
		Store (0x06, IORS) // If going to state S5 then write 0x06 to 0xCF9
	}
}
/* Reboot implementation - End */

DSDT.dsl.zip

System_Profiler.pdf

Screenshots.pdf

you're welcome.. but what .. beautiful picture!

Is not just a picture...is my D945GCLF2 on 10.5.6, o/c SpeedStep is not working since Atom330 dosen't have EIST support, but was funny for me to get those, and at least to get rid of _CST, LPC, _PSS errors :)

the rest is working as it should, sleep, restart..{censored} like that.

Do not understand what are you trying to say. It's 10.5.6 and I have no problems with 10.5.6. But Apple moves very fast and we got 10.6.1. That's where problems begin, not with 10.5.6. Besides, iTunes and iLife requirements grow up, so 10.5.6 is no go, you have to upgrade.

Oh, sorry. It's clear to me now :). Your post appeared right after I post and refresh.

DSDT is crappy because I just copied everything I got from real Mac DSDT. Will fix later. Currently trying to get restart working.

You will have an ugly surprise on 10.6.2, atom support is removed, panic all over, I got it working(but like {censored}) with 10.6 kernel and disabler...still messing with it to get it working at least w/o disabler, but so far the horizon is not blue...

I'll post my results/tricks once i'm done or get bored of this board and sell it...

P.S. GMA's got x86_64 drivers but we can't use them(panic) funny...

Can you post your DSDT? You have many AAPL values injected and I want to test them. I get kernel panic when I have some of them injected, can't remember which one. But maybe I will reach desktop with your DSDT. Thanks.

I hear that 10.6.2 is coming on October, 19. So I am trying some non-vanilla kernels. With Qoopz I lose sleep, with Voodoo 2 I lose USB. To get USB I need System.kext and to get sleep I need SleepEnabler. Someone else experience same problem? Maybe some "sleep-restart-usb kernel" exists?

You will have an ugly surprise on 10.6.2, atom support is removed, panic all over, I got it working(but like {censored}) with 10.6 kernel and disabler...still messing with it to get it working at least w/o disabler, but so far the horizon is not blue...

I'll post my results/tricks once i'm done or get bored of this board and sell it...

P.S. GMA's got x86_64 drivers but we can't use them(panic) funny...

How do you know this?