• Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

scram69

scram69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

I upgraded to 10.6.5 by downloading the combo upgrade file and installing it. Once you install 10.6.5 upgrade combo and before rebooting replace the the IOUSBFamily.kext and the IOUSBMassStorage.kext from S/L/E with the corresponding kexts from 10.6.4 or you will loose the USB functions (copy them to where you can access them, the desktop is fine, before you upgrade, then use the kext utility to install them). Also remove the AppleHDA file installed by the upgrade. You should already have the kernel renamed, so will be using the previous kernel. With the latest VoodooHDA just about all functions of sound work.

Everything works on my machine. This are the kexts I have on /Extra/Extensions/: AppleIntelPIIXATA2.kext, Disabler.kext, EvOreboot.kext, fakesmc.kext, SleepEnabler.kext. I have VoodooHDA.kext in S/L/E/.

Hi starop-
Interesting - I followed the method from teatime's video to upgrade from 10.6.3 to 10.6.5. The 3 kexts that were preserved in the video did not include the USB kexts you mentioned - but I am using my USB keyboard/mouse/flash drive without any problems following the upgrade. I wonder if the difference is bios settings? Are you using the DSDT.aml from the first post?

I will try Disabler & SleepEnabler in /E/E again. The SleepEnabler.kext I found is supposedly for 10.6.5; I wonder if that is the problem. Where did you get your SleepEnabler?

starop

starop

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Hi starop-
Interesting - I followed the method from teatime's video to upgrade from 10.6.3 to 10.6.5. The 3 kexts that were preserved in the video did not include the USB kexts you mentioned - but I am using my USB keyboard/mouse/flash drive without any problems following the upgrade. I wonder if the difference is bios settings? Are you using the DSDT.aml from the first post?

I will try Disabler & SleepEnabler in /E/E again. The SleepEnabler.kext I found is supposedly for 10.6.5; I wonder if that is the problem. Where did you get your SleepEnabler?

You are right. My DSDT.aml was not loading, so that might be the reason why I had problems with USB. I will be upgrading another machine soon. I will try without replacing those kexts. As I said before, everything works on my machine with 10.6.5, except the mike input in the front and the fact that you have to manually switch the output source when you want to use the headphones jack in the front instead of using the line output. An interesting point is that everything indicates that the processor is running at 1.69 Ghz and not at 1.6 Ghz as is the original spec.. I do not know if that is the case. If anyone can verify this, please post.

scram69

scram69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

You are right. My DSDT.aml was not loading, so that might be the reason why I had problems with USB. I will be upgrading another machine soon. I will try without replacing those kexts. As I said before, everything works on my machine with 10.6.5, except the mike input in the front and the fact that you have to manually switch the output source when you want to use the headphones jack in the front instead of using the line output. An interesting point is that everything indicates that the processor is running at 1.69 Ghz and not at 1.6 Ghz as is the original spec.. I do not know if that is the case. If anyone can verify this, please post.

Well, in order to get Sleep working, I ended up trying the Native Power Management approach from this thread. Following the directions, I installed Chameleon 2 RC 5 and modified com.apple.Boot.plist, and using the dsdt.aml that MaLdOn created for me (see page 44), sleep now works - both manual and automatic. Shutdown and Restart too! The only kext I have added is fakesmc.kext in /E/E.
With this dsdt.aml, the Sys Profiler says 1.60 GHz.

starop

starop

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Well, in order to get Sleep working, I ended up trying the Native Power Management approach from this thread. Following the directions, I installed Chameleon 2 RC 5 and modified com.apple.Boot.plist, and using the dsdt.aml that MaLdOn created for me (see page 44), sleep now works - both manual and automatic. Shutdown and Restart too! The only kext I have added is fakesmc.kext in /E/E.
With this dsdt.aml, the Sys Profiler says 1.60 GHz.

Well done! Can you share the dsdt.aml file with us? Maybe a complete install how to using this method is in order.

Have anyone upgraded to 10.6.6 yet? Please post if you did.

annalivia

annalivia

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I successfully upgraded to 10.6.6 with patched kernel (dl from here).
using scram69's dsdt.aml and fakesmc.kext.

EnzoFX

EnzoFX

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
I updated the other day from 10.6.3 to 10.6.7 and now wake on lan isn't working. Anyone else experience this?

Methanoid

Methanoid

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
Bearing in mind we are at 10.6.7 now and the guide is well out of date can someone with a fully working retail solution post a full guide with DSDT and associated patches rather than a one line "Ive done it with XX and YY".

Thanks guys.

starop

starop

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi Methanoid! Since my update to 10.6.8 did not work I started to look into doing a retail installation of SL. I found an easy, detailed guide with all the files needed for a retail installation of SL 10.6.7 on this board. Now Nozycsek have the guide for the installation of 10.6.8 at the same page. Please google "How to install Snow Leopard 10.6.8 on Intel D945GCLF2 Atom 330", which is the tittle of the guide written by Nozyczek. With the installation guide I was able to install 10.6.7 and then upgrade to 10.6.8 without problems, so I am sure the guide for 10.6.8 will work just as well. Good luck

Bearing in mind we are at 10.6.7 now and the guide is well out of date can someone with a fully working retail solution post a full guide with DSDT and associated patches rather than a one line "Ive done it with XX and YY".

Thanks guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy