• Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

Mac Gyver

Mac Gyver

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

32-bit. The first 10.3.0 teateam kernel didn't work 64-bit and I have yet to try the fixed version.

hi,

after flashing the bios i could install mac os without KP.
well i'm under 10.6.3 (32bit) retail witn the mach_kernel_atom_10.3.0_MacOSX_10.6.3 with lots of things working :

all resolutions
QE/CI
HT
SLEEP
POWEROFF
LAN (seems to work but got a problem between my two Hack and don(t know where the problem is from)

and some other not :

64bit
SOUND even trying lots of kext (VoodooHDA wihtout appleHDA)
restart
legacy usb Keyboard (need a ps2 keyboard to enter the bios) but it's ok under mac os

so i get a very fast system with a 2"5 hd and only 1gb 533.
i'm really surprised by this mobo.

my SLE contents:

IONetworkingFamily.kext
VoodooHDA.kext XXXXXX not working
fakesmc.kext
RealtekR1000.kext XXXXXX i think i don't need it
AHCIPortInjector.kext
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

any suggestions for sound, restart and 64bits are very welcome

one thing more, i confirm that video lags occur under youtube, sad but vlc works great

Mac Gyver

Mac Gyver

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
hi all,

i'm really frustrated with this problem of sound.
i've tried everything i could but each time nothing appear in pref pane.
i resume:

with and without AppleHDA 10.6.3 or 10.6.2
with and without ALC662 or VoodooHDA

same problem, nothing is working

i think it comes from my dsdt.
the problem is that i don't know how to patch it.

so if some one could get a eye on it and tell me if there's a way to get sound
it would be very kind of him/her.

here is my DSDT

i've seen so much people under 10.6.0 but never under 10.6.3 i hope there will be an issue
because it's a great board and i don't want to change just for that.

Mac Gyver

Mac Gyver

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
ok
grace of g3power everything is working now.
when i say everything it's everything ...... in 32bit only

because even trying the teateam 64 bit kernel it doesn't boot.
if someone run 10.6.3 on a d945gclf2 under 64bit,
advises are always welcome.

PS: it seems that the DamienValentine DSDT is better (for video acceleration) that the one used by
g3power . i'm not sure of the one i've used finally but the one i've posted before is the best one for
all resolutions and QE/CI.

EnzoFX

EnzoFX

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
I thought Apple removed the 64 bit drivers for GMA 950, if so, prob won't be getting 64 bit working, unless you use the 10.6.2 kexts.

sjpapa

sjpapa

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Cannot get past the AppleIntelPIIXPATA kernel panic.
Which IOATAFAmily.kext do I need?

Have created an Extra/Extensions folder with fakesmc.kext, IOATAFamily.kext from the link below, and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext,

tried with DSDT.aml or without.

I use D945GCFL2 with 0ne SATA disk and one SATA DVD. Use Chameleon bootloader.
Any hint more than welcome!

DamienValentine

DamienValentine

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Cannot get past the AppleIntelPIIXPATA kernel panic.
I use D945GCFL2 with one SATA disk and one SATA DVD. Use Chameleon bootloader.

Well, if you got no ATA devices you can simply delete IOATAFamily.kext and that's all. Then boot with -v -f and everything should work without KP.

BoredMatt

BoredMatt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

For me the OS is more stable than my other gigabyte board, with everything working perfectly, except audio which I don't care to fix. Boots in under 30 seconds.

I am almost done setting it up, but I dont want to post instructions until everything is working, and for me I will not take the risk of screwing up my system just for the audio, so someone else will have to do it.

I do have an DMG of my hard drive though, before the user setup and all, I can post this as a bit torrent if people are interested in running 10.6.1 server. All you would have to do is restore it to an HD and cheange the UUID's, and you are good to go. This baby transfers files about 3x faster than my airport disk did since the overhead of osx server is so low.

Cheers,
N

Hey Nok,

Did you ever manage to post instructions anywhere? I downloaded your torrent, but I keep going wrong somewhere.

Cheers.

BoredMatt

BoredMatt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Hey Nok,

Did you ever manage to post instructions anywhere? I downloaded your torrent, but I keep going wrong somewhere.

Cheers.

After restoring your hard drive image to the hard drive and installing chameleon 2.0 RC4, it boots, but the wheel keeps spinning and then a 'no entry' symbol appears.

You mentioned three UUID mods, but I have no idea what to do there...

I know it's annoying when people with only a few posts to their name insist on being awkward, but any help anyone could give would be massively appreciated.

EDIT: I have managed to get it to boot, and it all seems to work.

clockT

clockT

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
What should I select to install iATKOS S3 (v2)

chencho

chencho

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Hi all.

i'm with 10.6.3 and works fine... except when i suspend and start again, my touchscreen (usb) dont work.

Have anyone issues with usb and sleep in 10.6.3?

drule

drule

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
@DamienValentine, in one of your posts on this thread you mention changing the SMBIOS.plist profile to that of a MacPro3.1, but the file attached to your first post still has the MacMini2 profile. Could you update it, or upload the MP31 SMBIOS you used?

I'm trying to get to get my DSDT fully compatible with my D945GCZ board (Pentium D and different audio than the D945GCLF2), and would like to compare some of the keys in your SMBIOS to mine (which is pretty basic right now).

Thx

EDIT: Also the last DSDT file you posted (on Nov.5 '09) seems to be corrupted, could you upload your latest?

Cardinal Ka

Cardinal Ka

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi everybody,

I have now a OSX 10.5.8 running on the D945GCLF2D box.

Now I'm going to upgrade to SL. So, can I just apply for some upgrade patch to make it, or I need to prepare a new partition and install a new OS?

Thank you for any advice on this.

starop

starop

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I had this board with 10.5.8 installed for a while now but could not get 10.6 installed. I tried may different methods without success, including using iATKOS S3 V2. Finally last night I decided to forgo the importing of the settings from the Leo installation and was able to install it in the second try. Here is my setup.

iATKOS S3 V2

The Bios setting are the same as Damien's.

From iATKOS S3 V2 Customize before installation:

Bootloader: Chamaleon V2 RC4, PC_EFI V10.6
Bootloader Options: None
Kernel: Atom kernel
Patches: /Extra directory, fakesmc, Disable, EVORboot
Drivers: Intel SATA/IDE, GMA950 27AE
Networking: Selected my Wireless RTL8187L only

Clean install. Rebooted with DVD in drive, (I wanted to make sure I would get to the desktop) hit F8 and selected the HD. Booted fine. Dropped Damien's DSDT.aml in root directory, removed AppleHDA.kext from /System/Library/Extensions and ran kext utility. Reeboted, no DVD and it worked! At this point I only had one resolution available and it was not the one I wanted. So I modified com.apple.Boot.plist (using Damien's copy did not work) to include my resolution of choice. I used Software Update to install 10.6.4 update and rebooted. Got a kernel panic. The update had installed AppleHDA.kxt, so make sure that if you install the update remove AppleHDA.kext before rebooting the computer. After that it worked fine, with my desired the resolutions available.

Issues that require resolution:
Sound: Volume is not as high as in my Leo installation. It seems a bit noisy with control at high volume. Front panel Mike input is not working (same as Leo)
My Ethernet have gone to sleep a couple of times. I need to install the proper kext.
I have not tried Sleep yet.

This was a painless installation after many nights of trying to get SL installed on this board. The key was not importing the setting from my Leo installation.

Good luck to anyone trying this method.

Methanoid

Methanoid

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
Does the first post need updating? 10.6.4 is out and there is a fixed kernel from TeaTeam for this.

I've not tried this guide but I wonder if the TonyMacX86 procedure might be a good way to install. It involves booting from a CD (#####) and then installing from your retail OSX Snow DVD, upgrading to 10.6.4, installing DSDT and kexts and reboot. That's pretty much it and we'd "just" need to package a suitable DSDT and kexts into a download.

travis86

travis86

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
Hii guys, i want install iLife '11 but it need snow leopard 10.6.4. My current version software is 10.6.1. How can upgrade my os retail without have any problem with my Atom processor ?

StevenHe

StevenHe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I had this board with 10.5.8 installed for a while now but could not get 10.6 installed. I tried may different methods without success, including using iATKOS S3 V2. Finally last night I decided to forgo the importing of the settings from the Leo installation and was able to install it in the second try. Here is my setup.

iATKOS S3 V2

The Bios setting are the same as Damien's.

From iATKOS S3 V2 Customize before installation:

Bootloader: Chamaleon V2 RC4, PC_EFI V10.6
Bootloader Options: None
Kernel: Atom kernel
Patches: /Extra directory, fakesmc, Disable, EVORboot
Drivers: Intel SATA/IDE, GMA950 27AE
Networking: (not sure if I selected IBM Gigabit or none)

Clean install. Rebooted with DVD in drive, (I wanted to make sure I would get to the desktop) hit F8 and selected the HD. Booted fine. Dropped Damien's DSDT.aml in root directory, removed AppleHDA.kext from /System/Library/Extensions and ran kext utility. Reeboted, no DVD and it worked! At this point I only had one resolution available and it was not the one I wanted. So I modified com.apple.Boot.plist (using Damien's copy did not work) to include my resolution of choice. I used Software Update to install 10.6.4 update and rebooted. Got a kernel panic. The update had installed AppleHDA.kxt, so make sure that if you install the update remove AppleHDA.kext before rebooting the computer. After that it worked fine, with my desired the resolutions available.

Issues that require resolution:
Sound: Volume is not as high as in my Leo installation. It seems a bit noisy with control at high volume. Front panel Mike input is not working (same as Leo)
My Ethernet have gone to sleep a couple of times. I need to install the proper kext.
I have not tried Sleep yet.

This was a painless installation after many nights of trying to get SL installed on this board. The key was not importing the setting from my Leo installation.

Good luck to anyone trying this method.

Thanks for this! It wouldn't work exactly as you planned out, so I did what you said except for the following:

- Package selection
During installation, I did not install any sound drivers, but did install de 32-bit RFC patch.

- No graphics solution
I used a patch to patch the Apple GMA 950 kext to contain a different (and for me correct) device id.

- Sound (+ no noise and more volume)
I installed the latest VoodooHDA from http://code.google.com/p/voodoohda/ and installed it. To fix the noise and volume, open the newly installed PrefPane and turn the Input Gain slider to zero and PCM to max.

- DSDT.aml
I used Damiens version.

- Kernel
I used the 10.6.2 kernel in Damiens post.

- Sleep (do this after installing the kernel)
I use NullCPUPowerManagement and SleepEnabler for 10.6.2

- Network problems
Bonjour didn't work for me, so I installed RealtekR1000.kext by Psystar (I hope mentioning this name isn't a huge problem)

After installing the custom kernel under a custom name, and setting it as default in Boot.plist. I just installed this, and nothing went wrong, except I had to remove AppleHDA.kext in single user mode.

Quick tip:
If you use Migration Assistant it might also copy your previously installed kexts. It doesn't overwrite anything, but it may conflict and cause kernel panics as it did for me. Boot in to single user mode and use "ls -lc | more" in /S/L/E to identify the just created kexts and remove them again.

Thanks guys for all the help, if you need anything from me, let me know!

scram69

scram69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Hi all-
I am currently running 10.6.5 on my D945GCLF2 successfully using the methods described in the above posts:
iATKOS S3 V2
Chameleon RC5
TeaTime 10.5.0 kernel for 10.6.5
DSDT.aml from first post
Recommended customizations for iATKOS install (important - don't install ANY RFC patch!)
RealtekR1000SL.kext in /Extra/Extensions

Everything is working except Sleep. I have tried NullCPUPowerManagement and SleepEnabler for 10.6.5: both, either, neither; when I try to put the board to sleep, the video and fans stay on.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Steve

travis86

travis86

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
hii friends, i have update snow leopard to 10.6.5 but i have one problem. When i select shutdown mac, it restart but not turn off
Can someone help me ?

scram69

scram69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Shutdown works for me. The iATKOS install placed EvOreboot.kext in /Extra/Extensions - do you have that kext?
Are you using the BIOS settings from the first post?

Does sleep work for you?

starop

starop

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I upgraded to 10.6.5 by downloading the combo upgrade file and installing it. Once you install 10.6.5 upgrade combo and before rebooting replace the the IOUSBFamily.kext and the IOUSBMassStorage.kext from S/L/E with the corresponding kexts from 10.6.4 or you will loose the USB functions (copy them to where you can access them, the desktop is fine, before you upgrade, then use the kext utility to install them). Also remove the AppleHDA file installed by the upgrade. You should already have the kernel renamed, so will be using the previous kernel. With the latest VoodooHDA just about all functions of sound work.

Everything works on my machine. This are the kexts I have on /Extra/Extensions/: AppleIntelPIIXATA2.kext, Disabler.kext, EvOreboot.kext, fakesmc.kext, SleepEnabler.kext. I have VoodooHDA.kext in S/L/E/. Get the latest versions of VoodooHDA.kext and RTL1000.kext from kexts.com. RTL1000 comes as SnowR1000. You just double click and it installs. I installed the others during my initial install with iAtkos S3 V2. If anyone installs the latest versions of these other kexts, please post the results here.

I have a USB Realtek RTL8187L network interface and it works well with the driver from iATKOS S3 V2 which I installed during the initial install.

Shutdown works for me. The iATKOS install placed EvOreboot.kext in /Extra/Extensions - do you have that kext?
Are you using the BIOS settings from the first post?

Does sleep work for you?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy