Snow Leopard on Asus P5Q

Panther1

53 posts in this topic

Hi Everybody ;)

I will try to explain myself the best way I can, since I'm french and I'm a PC guy....MAC is totally new for me.

Since I'm a musician in my spare time, I saw a lot of very nice and cool thing on the mac world regarding music , that's why I given this a shot.

I download the SnowOSX Leopard Universal v3.5

I have a Asus P5Q motherboard with an Intel Core Duo CPU E8400 @ 3GHz with a 9800GTX+ Nvidia Card, 4 gig of ram and 3 HD Seagate barracuda of 500 gig each SATA of course.

My first of probably many issues and questions is..... :P

- When I boot up I'm Stuck at AppleDecrypt.......?? I dont know what do to.

When you have a chance can you please light up my lantern..lol

Thanks in advance

Peace :(

Great.. it's working!! :-)

I'm using a Asus P5Q Pro with 8GB RAM, 2x 1TB HDDs, Nvidia Geforce 9600 GT 512MB and everything is working fine. Using a Juzzi patched BIOS..

The only things I additionally installed were AttansicL1eEthernet (most up to date 64bit compile I could find), VoodooHDA (dito), VoodooPS2 stuff (still using a PS2 keyboard) and AppleVIAATA to access the Marvell IDE/ATA controller (for eSATA WD My Book - works although it's only a 32bit kext).

Only thing that bugs me a little is that I only get analog audio output working through VoodooHDA with the onboard ALC1200. But it's not that bad. :(

Thanks so much to all the countless people who made osx86 possible!

I have SL vanilla installed on P5Q-E and everything works except for sound and network.

Can you post the latest kext(64bit) You used? to get it all worked?

I can't find them and it would help others as well!

Thanks!

Ed

p.s. specs under here are from another machine

I can confirm that SL Vanilla with some additional Kexts is running on the ASUS P5Q-SE2.

Installed by mainly using the Lifehackers Guide, with a lot of additional searches in this forum.

Network is running OTB, but i did not get sound to work. But there are 15 € Soundcards out there that work well with SL.

thx.

nailz

Hello guys!

I have another problem!

I ain't even able to boot the DVD!

I tried everything!

Activated ACPI 2.0 - didn't work!

I am in AHCI mode already because I had Leopard before!

My BIOS is still modded from Leopard!

The DVD gets up to the Apple sign and then after a while their comes that crossed circle!

Hello - I have snow leopard installed successfully but have this problem - I have 2 1.5tb drives running windows and have snow leopard on a 3rd drive by itself. My windows drives are on a raid array but the snow leopard. I have to manually go into bios and switch back and forth from raid to AHCI depending on which system i am going to run - is there a workaround for this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

I'm having a problem after the SnowOSX install , I can't boot (stuck at gray boot screen with Apple logo). I made 2 partitions, GUID, Mac OS extended journaled; installed with standard packages.

When I boot with -v (verbose) get the following message, last line:

"Kernel _kernel_ is not loadable during safe boot; omitting its personalities." Any suggestions? ;)

My Computer:

Asus P5Q3 (Using Juzzi's modified Bios)

ATI 4870 512MB

Intel Quad Core 9300 2.5ghz

4GB Ram

1TB Hard drive

Hello all

I am with problems with my Wifi, it is not being recognized by SL.

I have an ASUS P5Q 3 Deluxe-WiFi-AP @n

I have updated BIOS for the version 2105

Does some exist solution for WIFI of P5Q 3 Deluxe-WiFi-AP @n?

Thank you, and forgive my English

• 1 month later...

Anyone know where to find that BIOS update for the P5QL Pro? The links here doesn't seem to be working. I've tried these ones and spent hours with google trying to find the correct file but no luck...

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=136586

and

http://www.osxcores.site50.net/page1/page1.html

If anyone have that file could you please tell me where to find it or mail it to me?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have snowOSX 3.5 distro. my motherboard is p5q turbo.

i have already installed iatkos v7 on this board fully functional.

when i try to boot of the dvd for snow leopard, it says Apple decrypt: starting and just stays there.

i tried empire efi wih a retail snow leopard but same issue.

can anyone shed some light please.

bios settings are as follows:

AHCI mode, acpi 2.0 enabled, s3 repost enabled, booting off a usb dvd drive (usb dvd works for iatkos install)

any help shal be greatly appreciated.

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone know where to find that BIOS update for the P5QL Pro? The links here doesn't seem to be working. I've tried these ones and spent hours with google trying to find the correct file but no luck...

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=136586

and

http://www.osxcores.site50.net/page1/page1.html

If anyone have that file could you please tell me where to find it or mail it to me?

You can find the Modified Bios here

Deposit Files

• 5 weeks later...

Hello Everybody,

I'm desparatly trying to get my Hackintosh to work, with this SnowOSX 3.5 10.6 distro.

P5Q with Juzzi 2002 modded BIOS

E6420

4GB Dual Channel

MSI HD4850 PCIe

SATA HDD+DVD

The install goes flawless, no probs. But when I reboot, I get to the Welcome/Registration screen where you have to select you country, and then it al freezes (no keyboard, mouse after couple minutes).

I have tried as many BIOS options as there are, and reboot with -x.

Does anybody have any idea what I should do to get going again...? Help... (very much appreciated!)

Thanks for your time.

Hello Everybody,

I'm desparatly trying to get my Hackintosh to work, with this SnowOSX 3.5 10.6 distro.

P5Q with Juzzi 2002 modded BIOS

E6420

4GB Dual Channel

MSI HD4850 PCIe

SATA HDD+DVD

The install goes flawless, no probs. But when I reboot, I get to the Welcome/Registration screen where you have to select you country, and then it al freezes (no keyboard, mouse after couple minutes).

I have tried as many BIOS options as there are, and reboot with -x.

Does anybody have any idea what I should do to get going again...? Help... (very much appreciated!)

Thanks for your time.

I think you are using PS2 Keyboard and Mouse....Try using the PS2 to USB Convertor ....

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=41770

I think you are using PS2 Keyboard and Mouse....Try using the PS2 to USB Convertor ....

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=41770

Thanks for the answer, but no, I'm using USB mouse + keyboard. I have tried several mouse & keyboard combo's, wired/wireless, and I'm even using an Apple USB keyboard (alu). So can't be it... (I was looking in that direction as well, as it seemed to go wrong there). I have got iAtkos 10.5.7 updated to 10.5.8 running without problems.

Still no SL on my P5Q/E6420/4GB800/HD4850

• 4 weeks later...

Installation of Vanilla Snow Leopard retail on P5Q Pro with Core 2 Duo Quad cpu, success!

Used Quazas tutorial found on the first page of this thread. Thank you quaza.

I do have some questions left though, is DSDT patch really necessary if the system is working fine after original installation?

All i had to do is install the audio and network kexts to get those two running, and chameleon to get the os x booting without the boot cd.

Hey folks, i have a question for you, my hard is in sign. Ok, on my p5q deluxe all works, all, but the eSata don't. The internal pata connector works, but the eSata controlled by same controller Marvell 88SE6121 (612111ab) don't work. I have try all Appleviaata, from insanely, kexts.com, etc, but nothing.

Someone has good news for me?

Thanks and sorry for my english;)

• 4 months later...
Hey folks, i have a question for you, my hard is in sign. Ok, on my p5q deluxe all works, all, but the eSata don't. The internal pata connector works, but the eSata controlled by same controller Marvell 88SE6121 (612111ab) don't work. I have try all Appleviaata, from insanely, kexts.com, etc, but nothing.

Someone has good news for me?

Thanks and sorry for my english;)

I have the same eSATA controller in my P5Q-E. Does anyone know of a driver that makes it work?

Thanks,

Rodrigo.