• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

lezztor

lezztor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi all - I'm a complete n00b to all of this, but I'm currently trying to install Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) on a VMWare Workstation 6.5.3 - build 185404. I have a purchased copy of Leopard, and have set up the virtual machine (numerous times, in numerous ways). The problem occurs when I try to get VMWare to see the DVD as bootable. I realize that VMWare does not see HFS volumes, so I have made and ISO of the DVD and mounted it with both Virtual Clone Drive and D-Tools Lite (at different times ..). Anyways, after booting the Virtual machine, it still refuses to see the "Mac OS X Install DVD" portion of the DVD. It only sees the "Windows Support" portion. Do I need to install some files from the Windows side first for VMWare to finally boot it?

Thanks for any assistance!

Donk

Donk

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

Hi all - I'm a complete n00b to all of this, but I'm currently trying to install Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) on a VMWare Workstation 6.5.3 - build 185404. I have a purchased copy of Leopard, and have set up the virtual machine (numerous times, in numerous ways). The problem occurs when I try to get VMWare to see the DVD as bootable. I realize that VMWare does not see HFS volumes, so I have made and ISO of the DVD and mounted it with both Virtual Clone Drive and D-Tools Lite (at different times ..). Anyways, after booting the Virtual machine, it still refuses to see the "Mac OS X Install DVD" portion of the DVD. It only sees the "Windows Support" portion. Do I need to install some files from the Windows side first for VMWare to finally boot it?

Thanks for any assistance!

2 posts down!

lezztor

lezztor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Great! Do you mean this one?:

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=172474

lezztor

lezztor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I followed the guide, and now VMWare says darwin10 not supported when attempting to power on ..

EDIT - I'm assuming I can't since I'm running Workstation ..

smarty94

smarty94

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

I followed the guide, and now VMWare says darwin10 not supported when attempting to power on ..

EDIT - I'm assuming I can't since I'm running Workstation ..

read the last two pages of said thread

lezztor

lezztor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
 This is the stage I get to in the install now:

Attached Files

• Attached File  10.jpg   106.18KB   467 downloads

G*Rock

G*Rock

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Probably a dumb question but what about AMD Turion X2 64? I know Mac OS usaully doesnt work on AMD stuff, but how about this? My CPU supports VT-x.

nousername1

nousername1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I get the same dump when trying to install Snow Leopard on VMWare Workstation 6.5. Can't seem to find anything else on it. Has anyone come to a resolution yet?

Donk

Donk

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 2,024 posts

I get the same dump when trying to install Snow Leopard on VMWare Workstation 6.5. Can't seem to find anything else on it. Has anyone come to a resolution yet?

It doesn't work and I currently have no workaround. It will in the future but not for now.

AidanLinz

AidanLinz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

It doesn't work and I currently have no workaround. It will in the future but not for now.

Anything different for workstation 7?

Donk

Donk

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 2,024 posts

Anything different for workstation 7?

NDA so not discussing it.

anga

anga

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Any guesses as to when one can expect SL to work with VMWare?

Zonex gamer

Zonex gamer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I saw two guides for Virtualizing Snow Leopard : How to Install Snow Leopard [VMWare] and Install Snow Leopard on VirtualBox Unfortunately, both need Hardware virtualization. I have an older Core duo processor, is there a way out?

Help anyone!

thdanh90

thdanh90

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Zenith432's Snow Kitty tutorial is you ticket to Snow Leopard. Works perfectly for me.

MSoK

MSoK

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts

I saw two guides for Virtualizing Snow Leopard : How to Install Snow Leopard [VMWare] and Install Snow Leopard on VirtualBox Unfortunately, both need Hardware virtualization. I have an older Core duo processor, is there a way out?

Help anyone!

Please find below the link to the topic mentioned by thdanh90

http://www.insanelym...p...t&p=1288448

As stated this topic deals with running OS X on a VM machine where the CPU does not have hardware virtualisation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy