Asus P5Q (including P5QL-Pro) series Guide to Install OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Retail

132 posts in this topic

Hey guys, got my system running well, only problems I seem to have are no Wake-on-LAN function, and I can't get sleep to work (even though it was working at one point :S)

Any suggestions? My setup;

Asus P5QL Pro

Core 2 Duo 8400

Nvidia 9800GT

Theres no possibility for working WOL (i think it isnt supported by AttansicL1eEthernet.kext) at least as far as i can say (did a lot of research). It's probably necessary to contact the Driverguy, who did the kext, if there's a way to add this feature. But unfortunately it seems to be complicated (other creators of comparable Ethernet Kexts didn't have a lot of success) :)

Regarding Wake: Checked Bios settings for Waking Up from S3 through Keyboard?

hi!

I'm new to this forum and this whole osx86 thing and so i need some help :/

I'm trieng to get 10.6 running on my system but didnt succeed yet. I tried severel methods (iAtkos, Kalyway, iDeneb, boot132) but nothing worked. I think its my fault and so i hope to find answers here.

my sysprofile:

http://www.sysprofile.de/id126968

from the modified versions ideneb is the only one that came close to success. It showed me after install the grey apple screen but then freezed.

atkos and kalyway had kernel panic :wacko:

boot132 shows a) calling bootchain or something like this, or :blink: freezes at "loading darwin /x86" after replacing boot cd with retail.

I hope someone of you has any suggestions for me.

greetz

chris

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi there;

i have been reading alot of guides for P5QL PRO(mb i have) and there is issues and problems here and there, what i done is easy and worthy:

I installed Snow Leopard 10.6.0 (Snow OSX Universal 10.6.0 (432) v.3.5) and this copy is the only one that been installed without any problem and headache.

I just inserted the osx and right away i pressed F8 and got menu option and typed -v

and i followed the instruction of the installation steps, after erasing the partition as journaled.....

and at the Customize menu option I only add 1 option to the installation and it is AttansicL1eEthernet under Network. Do no pick Audio option (untick it )

After a success installation, i booted with -v and after OSX loaded i deleted SleepEnabler.kext and dsmos.kext then updated to 10.6.4. it is working great and smouth except video is 1024x768 and i have an issue with restart (it takes about 3mnts to restart)

This is everything what happend with me and i like to share it with you.

Thank you and hope it will help