Asus P5Q (including P5QL-Pro) series Guide to Install OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Retail

132 posts in this topic

I got SL 10.6.2 running on ASUS P5Q Pro. Sound not working possibly due to conflict between onboard audio (ALC1200) and ATI 4850 graphics card audio. I am using HDAEnabler.kext provided by marionez on another thread. System profiler shows 2 audio devices although none of them is recognized in audio preferences. Anyone else had this problem?

STILL NO IDE SUPPORT FOR SNOW LEOPARD IN 64BIT mode ???

Is there anybody out there who can confirm that the P5QL does support IDE on SNOW 64bit ???

I am that f'ing close.... to replace all my drives cause of this last ... but still quite important issue...

PEEELEEASE.....

I just wanna say that its fully working here

at this moment this is been written @ the Snow leopard Retail version 10.6.1

Full 64 bit Snow leopard pussycat

my advise is just follow this damn beautiful guide

Its all working

None of this is not true in fact

its so {censored} simple

Just use your head en experience

And wanna thanx in specially proceduralmind and quaza's

its so {censored} easy for the P5Q(L) Pro series

Some screenshots:

post-289756-1253712002_thumb.png

post-289756-1253712218_thumb.png

post-289756-1253712316_thumb.png

post-289756-1253711681_thumb.png

VIDEO!!

Gr,BenG

hi there, would you be able to post the bios link and the package you used to install snow leopard? was wondering if it is possible to put the snow leopard installer onto a USB drive and install from USB?

thank you.

was able to install Snow Leopard using PC-EFI 10.5 with the following specs:

- P5QL-Pro - unmodified 1004 BIOS from ASUS w/ ACPI and AHCI enabled. IDE controller is disabled

- Celeron 420 - 1.6ghz

- 8gb DDR2 800 mems (4x2gb)

- 8400GS 256mb

i used the USB boot method. and here's what's working:

- Sound : courtesy of kext from the package on the first page

- NIC : courtesy of kext from the package on the third page

- Video : courtesy of EFIStudio from the package on the first page

However, I have the following observation (problems)

- shutdown and sleep are not working. restart works. (tried the sleepenabler kext posted at the 3rd page and booting starts with a Kernel Panic)

- it's not running in full 64-bit mode

- when i update to 10.6.2 (obviously w/kexts installed), booting stalls at the grey apple logo and it stays there.

... any help would be greatly appreciated. :(

Hello

I am really new to this.

I am having trouble with mucommander. I managed to copy boot, but only after deleting the original boot file. But it will not let me copy the kext folders from extra extensions 64 & 32 to extra extensions. It keeps telling me "error, unable to create directory"

Any idea?

Thanks

Ill

Tried installing the kexts from extra extensions 64 & 32 using os86tools then reboot and it all seemed fine, started and everything, but it just keeps shutting down after about a minute and tells me that I need to reboot. I'm guessing that I really need those folders in extra extensions.

Someone help me please.

Hi folks! =) My hackintosh is OK, but one issue annoying me for a few weeks. Shutdown and restart is very slow. it takes a couple minutes. Something in system goes wrong, but what's the reason? Openhaltrestart.kext installed, maybe its a USB bug or something, my config in signature. Help me please.

Hi,

I've just used this guide to (almost successfully) install Snow Leopard on the following hardware -

P5QL-Pro

500gb Sata

Sata DVDRW

512mb ATI Radeon 4870

Here's what happens: Chameleon boots, I select my Snow Leopard install, the gray screen appears with the gray apple logo and spinning wheel...

THEN!!

I can ONLY HEAR the setup assistant music and voiceover, the screen remains on the gray apple logo. It seems like it's all working okay, but for whatever reason cannot display the setup assistant.

Any help please????

was able to install Snow Leopard using PC-EFI 10.5 with the following specs:

- P5QL-Pro - unmodified 1004 BIOS from ASUS w/ ACPI and AHCI enabled. IDE controller is disabled

- Celeron 420 - 1.6ghz

- 8gb DDR2 800 mems (4x2gb)

- 8400GS 256mb

i used the USB boot method. and here's what's working:

- Sound : courtesy of kext from the package on the first page

- NIC : courtesy of kext from the package on the third page

- Video : courtesy of EFIStudio from the package on the first page

However, I have the following observation (problems)

- shutdown and sleep are not working. restart works. (tried the sleepenabler kext posted at the 3rd page and booting starts with a Kernel Panic)

- it's not running in full 64-bit mode

- when i update to 10.6.2 (obviously w/kexts installed), booting stalls at the grey apple logo and it stays there.

... any help would be greatly appreciated. :rolleyes:

screenshot20091220at318.png

Update:

- sleep and shutdown now works, but it takes quite a while to properly power off when shutting down

Outstanding issue:

- normal updating to 10.6.1 went fine.

- after install all kexts including using EFI Studio for the videocard, after installing 10.6.2, once rebooted, it just gets stuck at the gray apple logo, without any disk activity nor spinning gray ball. any ideas on this?

Got everything to work now, except for restart and especially shutdown.

Restart/Shutdown takes so long but works if the system has not resumed from sleep. Otherwise, shutdown/restart just halts at a blank screen.

screenshot20091226at918.png

Used a hacked Kernel from Qoopz / Nawcom for compatibility with Celeron and older Pentium4/D CPUs. Otherwise for C2D/C2Q, this is not needed.

Used Chameleon 2RC4 V3 Installer from Dr.Hurt

CPU: Celeron 420

RAM: 8gb

HDD: 20gb

MB: P5QL Pro with (unmodified) 1004 BIOS

Sleep Work? I have not worked a sleep

Mac OS X 10.6.2 (10C540)

Motherboard: ASUS P5QL-PRO

Sound:alc1200

lan: AttansicL1E, RTL 8139

Videoо: GeForce 8600GT 512/128

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3.00Ghz E3400

Have you used EFI Studio that's included with the ZIP'ed file at the first page? I suppose OpenCL is working with your card.

I tried this method here for my Asus P5Q Pro with Ati HD 3870, but no matter what I do everything ends into a similar Kernel Panic like that one from XLR:

I've got the same problem, and even after enabling ACPI 2.0 , still got the same screen,

Mb: P5QL PRO

Gfx: Sapphire Radeon 4870 1GB DDR5,

Intel Q9400

Patched BIOS v. 0902

I have followed all the steps in the guide, and no success at all <_<

Any other solution, or maybe something else to set up in the BIOS ?

on the other hand iDeneb 1.5.7 installs fine (only after installing video driver , shutdown/ restart doesn't work )

post-168236-1262024542_thumb.jpg