10.6 upgrade Intel DG33FBC ?

Kari_Juhani

2 posts in this topic

Have anyone had success upgrading this with retail DVD? MBR or GUID ?

I have Kalyway 10.5.8 where everything is working fine and i have tried couple of times but i always get error when upgrading. Error probably comes from Graphics drivers, i have NVinject 512 kext in place, it works and both my displays work fine even system wont see any PCI - cards.

I will change my system to GUID and try to get EFI Strings work with this card... maybe then. If anyone has any ideas, tell me...

Kari

Intel DG33FBC

Intel Core Quad CPU Q6600@2.40MHz

Nvidia 8800 GT

4GB DDR2 SDRAM 667 MHz

i have tested this now with GUID and MBR, EFI strings and kexts.... 32bit and 64bit , nothing seems to help.

i get always same KP in start.

Can anyone point me to right direction, there are so many guides that i cannot find rigght one for my specs ???

i have tested now 3 different one's and best result is KP at boot ;)

Kari

Have anyone had success upgrading this with retail DVD? MBR or GUID ?

I have Kalyway 10.5.8 where everything is working fine and i have tried couple of times but i always get error when upgrading. Error probably comes from Graphics drivers, i have NVinject 512 kext in place, it works and both my displays work fine even system wont see any PCI - cards.

I will change my system to GUID and try to get EFI Strings work with this card... maybe then. If anyone has any ideas, tell me...

Kari

Intel DG33FBC

Intel Core Quad CPU Q6600@2.40MHz

Nvidia 8800 GT

4GB DDR2 SDRAM 667 MHz