• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

sjh2007

sjh2007

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I had OS X working on my computer for a while an recently after uninstalling some Callisto ATI Drivers, I can boot to OS X.

I get to the login screen, login with my name and password then enter. Then I see my picked background and my mouse, and a little bit of my user icon (from the login window) appears.

The mouse then moves in a weird delayed motion going slow, and the OS X Bar doesn't load and none of the icons do.

OS X stops loading at this point, I can move the mouse but the icons and stuff never load.

Any possible solutions or did I need to re-install OS X? I don't believe this is related to the ATI Drivers.

giraid

giraid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
did you happen to install the new security update without using Pacifist?

odrex

odrex

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
Sounds like Finder[.app] is not launching.

sjh2007

sjh2007

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I think I did install the security update without pacifist. Any resolution or would it be easier to just re-install, then install the update correctly?

sjh2007

sjh2007

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
never mind. I fixed it by replacing the finder file. I found a back-up on the cd, replaced the file and now all is well.

rockthemike

rockthemike

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
how did you do this? i ran teh security update too without pacifist... how do i fix this?

sjh2007

sjh2007

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
In the cd ( I have a 10.4.5 ). I found the file finder. It wasn't the finder.app package. But I went into that package into a folder in it that had a file called finder and replaced it with the finder I found.

I did all this under Windows XP. Using a program called Mac Drive, to edit my Mac Partition in Windows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy