Successful M4A78T-E mobo AMD Phenom II x4 955 INSTALL

evil666

41 posts in this topic

Yeah I tried it and sadly it didn't work :(. Ah well back to researching.

Your motherboard has the exact same FSB as this one ( M4A78T-E ), the FSB is the 2600MHz Hyper Transport (5200 MT/s) with the same north and south bridges: North Bridge : AMD 790GX, South Bridge : AMD SB750.

So try to boot with the same command (fsb=200000000) make sure all the numbers and spaces are EXACT, 2 followed by 8 zero's. Try different cpus amounts (cpus=1 should work for any of them at least).

Look for successful installs that match your exact motherboard and processor and make sure you have the exact same version of the iDeneb, I found this page for you: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.5.6

Scroll down till you find your motherboard, follow those steps exactly, then try to play with the boot command (start with the one listed here since your FSB is the same)

here is the main page for the osx86 projects which lists all the versions and the components that have had successful installs, Hope this all helps.

Yeah I've tried (well counting the dvds on my desk right now) 6 or 7 different distro's including the one listed on the hcl. I think the biggest problem i have is not knowing what to include in the setup. I have tried all of the suggested things in this forum and others but to no avail.

I have the same mobo, has anyone been able to get the default graphics driver to work? :D

thats my only complaint is that the resolution won't go above 1024x768 by default. I'll do some research but I will probably end up buying a graphics card anyways.

if you search this forum, I asked the same question about mobo graphic card, but was not successful finding the answer.

So I ended up buying nVidia 9500GT which is sames evil666 has and it works perfectly!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am currently using one with the same memory config but with a dual core phenom II but i guess this should be no pbm.

I have tried booting with SL 10.6.1 distro for AMD by Hazard but the same thing happened (the rebooting). I have tried booting in verbose mode with the parameter you specified but to no avail, it kept rebooting. My hware config is the same except for the CPU & my graphic card is an HD 4850.

Did you play around with the bios setting? Oh yes, my HD is a sata and so is my dvd drive. My keyboard & mouse are both usb. Are these of any problem?

Please assist me, i really appreciate your help on this. Thank you in advance.

i have this same problem

simply change hard to ahci mod

or install kexts for sb750 (appleatiata) put it need configuration to do it to use all feature of south bridge

i have some question for you

what is bios version on your mb

and did you try to setup snow if your system restarting use this flag

busratio=20

and it will go

but please if you pass susseful tell me

because ihave aproblem which this mb wtih snow leopard give panic before boot :)

simply change hard to ahci mod

or install kexts for sb750 (appleatiata) put it need configuration to do it to use all feature of south bridge

i have some question for you

what is bios version on your mb

and did you try to setup snow if your system restarting use this flag

busratio=20

and it will go

but please if you pass susseful tell me

because ihave aproblem which this mb wtih snow leopard give panic before boot :thumbsup_anim:

hi kairy,

i have changed the ide to ahci and yes i have tried the bus ratio value to 20... how am i supposed to install that kext?

hi kairy,

i have changed the ide to ahci and yes i have tried the bus ratio value to 20... how am i supposed to install that kext?

idnot understand where are you

are you on leopard ideneb 10.5.8 it must work perfect with achi and busratio=20 you will get it setup with qoopz 9.8.0 kernel

if you set up it ready and you want to get it work on ide mode you will need kexts

there kexts on forum if you serach sb700 kexts you will found it and it will work but it is an older version 10.5.5 and will give you kernel panic so you will make one for your 10.5.8

so read these

choose appleatiata that is on ideneb

and you will need anther kexts called

appleonboardpcata.kext use it from older kexts

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...=126273&hl=

there two files the kernel panic caused by ioatafamily because it is old

and anther one appleonboard....................... use this and install it to extensions

then copy appleonboardpcata and appleatiata to

ioatafamily.kexts the orginal one in extensions (show packge content) got to plugin and paste two kexts

it will work perfect

if you have aproblem i will make it to you

please answer my questions about snow

idnot understand where are you

are you on leopard ideneb 10.5.8 it must work perfect with achi and busratio=20 you will get it setup with qoopz 9.8.0 kernel

if you set up it ready and you want to get it work on ide mode you will need kexts

there kexts on forum if you serach sb700 kexts you will found it and it will work but it is an older version 10.5.5 and will give you kernel panic so you will make one for your 10.5.8

so read these

choose appleatiata that is on ideneb

and you will need anther kexts called

appleonboardpcata.kext use it from older kexts

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...=126273&hl=

there two files the kernel panic caused by ioatafamily because it is old

and anther one appleonboard....................... use this and install it to extensions

then copy appleonboardpcata and appleatiata to

ioatafamily.kexts the orginal one in extensions (show packge content) got to plugin and paste two kexts

it will work perfect

if you have aproblem i will make it to you

please answer my questions about snow

sorry i forgot to make myself clear... my first attempt was with Hazard SL 10.6.2, it got me nowhere but rebooting itself after a few lines boot with the dvd...

the next attempt was exactly like this thread which was with the iDeneb... but until the message with the UUB or something (like our friend's thread above) my pc hang...

with both scenario, i have tried with and without the AHCI enabled, with and without the flags as per explained (but my cpu is phenom ii x2 so i specified the cpu to either 2 or 1 but it didnt work)...

sorry i forgot to make myself clear... my first attempt was with Hazard SL 10.6.2, it got me nowhere but rebooting itself after a few lines boot with the dvd...

the next attempt was exactly like this thread which was with the iDeneb... but until the message with the UUB or something (like our friend's thread above) my pc hang...

with both scenario, i have tried with and without the AHCI enabled, with and without the flags as per explained (but my cpu is phenom ii x2 so i specified the cpu to either 2 or 1 but it didnt work)...

please upload picture of the error you say

please upload picture of the error you say

"Witing on boot volume with UUID" msg. Then the machine will simply hang... its a hardware hang because the keyboard is not functional (you can see from the caps lock button light do not change when press), the hdd stop... etc.

"Witing on boot volume with UUID" msg. Then the machine will simply hang... its a hardware hang because the keyboard is not functional (you can see from the caps lock button light do not change when press), the hdd stop... etc.

please take photo with any camera to know the cause of this msg

• 3 months later...

first off just wanted to say this guide has been extremely helpful.

I've had mine running for a couple of months now.

\you don't need to remove firewire.

and make sure to not select more than one option under Nvidia graphics cards. you have to be very specific with it.

Just wondering if you actually have to have 1333 ram or is 1066 ok?

• 7 months later...

Hallo,

iDeneb: mouse is not working (usb-mouse), very bad. Attention: at startup "busratio=20" (and -v -x....) must be typed in

10.6.0 snow leopard: works, but no sound, screen=1024*768. Update does not work, because BaseInstall.pkg is missing.

Andreas