has anyone been able to install SL on a D945GCLF

10 posts in this topic

I've been trying to follow the directions for creating a boot-132 cd for snow leopard 10.6 but so far I haven't had any luck

every fracking time I make the iso image and then burn it and reboot I get a isolinux image is corrupt error.

does anyone have a link they can share for a working boot-132 disk that will work on a Intel Atom D945GCLF motherboard?

I've had my retail SL disk since yesterday and it's sitting here taunting me because I haven't been able to get a working boot-132 disk that will work with it.

:)

I got the same error. I´m going to try to install using LTLs method over in Leo and then new chameleon + kexts.

I tried the same disks I made on my Gigabyte GA-965P-S3 and they booted, never could get the method down for getting it to read the snow leopard disk but the disk did at least boot up into the chameleon boot loader

very frustrating to be sure.

I got the same error. I´m going to try to install using LTLs method over in Leo and then new chameleon + kexts.

let me know how that turns out. I may have to go that route myself.

Does anyone know why isolinux reports that the initrd.img file is corrupted? I followed the instructions in this forum for making a snow leopard compatible boot-132 CD, and had no luck. I've tried other instructions also, always reports that the initrd.img file is corrupted. I tried booting one of my "corrupted" boot-132 disks on my Gigabyte GA-965-DS3 and it booted without giving me this error.

I am researching the bootable usb flash drive method for installing SL but I'd rather boot it from a Boot-132 CD to do the install as I don't want to have to go buy a 8 Gig Flash drive just to devote it to this purpose.

Thanks for any advice or info you can shed on this isolinux corrupt image issue. it sure is a pain in the rear.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know why isolinux reports that the initrd.img file is corrupted? I followed the instructions in this forum for making a snow leopard compatible boot-132 CD, and had no luck. I've tried other instructions also, always reports that the initrd.img file is corrupted. I tried booting one of my "corrupted" boot-132 disks on my Gigabyte GA-965-DS3 and it booted without giving me this error.

I am researching the bootable usb flash drive method for installing SL but I'd rather boot it from a Boot-132 CD to do the install as I don't want to have to go buy a 8 Gig Flash drive just to devote it to this purpose.

Thanks for any advice or info you can shed on this isolinux corrupt image issue. it sure is a pain in the rear.

OK I wanted to go ahead and close this topic.

I was able to create a working usb install disk using the sl macboot software that macinized has a topic on here about. I did post a guide with links to software,etc. on my blog site that is in my profile info if anyone wants to look at it.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
OK I wanted to go ahead and close this topic.

I was able to create a working usb install disk using the sl macboot software that macinized has a topic on here about. I did post a guide with links to software,etc. on my blog site that is in my profile info if anyone wants to look at it.

Thanks

I found your blog and followed it as best as I could, but I'm stuck. Here's what I did:

- Restored my SL DVD onto an 8 GB flash drive

- Found the DSDT.aml file for the D945GCLF2 that you linked to

- Ran the operations on that file

- Ran the 2_SnowLeoInstaller script on my flash drive

- Set my motherboard to boot from the flash drive

I can boot from the USB drive and get to the "Select Language" screen, but as soon as I select a language it kernel panics.

Any suggestions? Starting up in verbose mode didn't help me. Could it be something I'm doing wrong with the DSDT file?

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

I'm getting close... I am crashing just after the welcome message plays on initial reboot, just after SL is installed. I'm using the CD / DVD install method that worked for my Acer Aspire One ( mechdrew.com ).

There is hope for full support for this install method ( It seems that meklort might be working on a solution for 64 bit, as I read on his blog today. ( http://www.meklort.com/ ) ).

I AM currently RUNNING 10.6.1 on this mobo, as I swapped out the HDD from my Aspire One, where I had already installed 10.6.1 on it. I must boot up in 32 bit mode for it to work. Type in "arch=i386" as Chameleon loads ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I was finally successful with a fresh install of 10.6!!!!

I used an older version of NBI, from mechdrew.com ( 10.6.1 auto install - 0.8.3 RC3) to boot. Very important: type in "arch=i386" before you boot into the SL install DVD. I had to hit F5 twice, before the SL dvd was a selection to boot from...

Once you install SL and reboot the first time you MUST boot with "-x arch=i386". If you don't, you'll receive a KP just after the welcome video plays. Complete the install and enjoy.

Every time I boot up, i must type "arch=i386" or I get a kp.

Hope this helps others :)

One note. If I installed SL with hyperthreading ON, my wireless card was not picked up. If I turned it OFF, I have wireless.. Hmm... weird....

I pushed even harder, and was able to install 10.6.2 AND Win XP. I used two methods from osx.mechdrew.com, the external DVD ( http://osx.mechdrew.com/guides/nbi3.shtml ) and dual boot ( http://osx.mechdrew.com/guides/advanced2.shtml ) methods.

Here are my steps:

use NBI to boot from DVD Drive ( it must be external - connected via USB )

swap out discs to OSX install DVD

hit F5 twice, pausing between keystrokes

type in "arch=i386" then hit ENTER

Use Disk Utility to partition your drive

This is where it differs a bit, depending on a dual boot system or not - follow A or B.

if only single booting 10.6, make 1 partition Mac OS extended ( journaled ) GUID

if dual booting, make 2 partitions - Mac OS extended ( journaled ) GUID, and FAT 32 ( GUID by default )

A - continue to install OS 10.6

reboot ( from NBI CD ) typing "-x arch=i386" this will boot you into safe mode, and 32 bit mode to complete the 10.6 installation. Note, there is a space between -x and arch=i386 - very important.

run NBI as outlined on osx.mechdrew.com and reboot.

Install the goodies that will make your "mac" boot.

You must always boot with the "arch=i386" flag or you will receive a KP. Enjoy :)

B - After partitioning your drive, STOP the Mac OS install process.

Boot to your XP CD and install XP on FAT 32 partition. You can format it to NTFS during XP installation.

Complete the XP installation.

Now, go back to install OS X, as outlined in method A. Complete the OS X install.

In order to be able to boot into OS X, you must do a simple process in Terminal, hit ENTER after each line:

sudo ( you might not need this, but it worked for me )

enter password

fdisk -e/dev/disk0

F 2

W ( type Y when it asks you to confirm )

Q

EXIT

This will now activate your OSX partition ( at least that is how I understand it )

Now, when you reboot ( without any boot CD or OS X DVD ) you will see the Chameleon boot loader, booting into OSX. Hit any key, and you will see that you can choose which OS to boot into. Enjoy :)