SL 10.6 some bugs(AMD). iTunes Account and WC3tft network.

karimba

1 post in this topic

Hi All!

First of all, this is my first thread. I'm gonna read a lot, so it was never needed to post something on my own. Cheer!

I installed SL 10.6 retail during the last days on a separate hdd to test out, what works, what not.

After some issues there are 2 bugs, where i cant find any solutions and which are important for me. another minor bug is atm not relevant for me (sound volume control doesn't work correct, also gesture play/stop/skip with logitech mxair)

First:

iTunes 8.2.1 works after running Marvin's AMD Util to fix the QuickTime CPUID issue, but...

when i try to connect my iTunes Account and activate my iTunes for my iPhone nothing happens. With nothing i mean really nothing :D

Clicked on every possible button to login, but there never come a new dialog.

Internet Connection works in iTunes so i can browse through the iTunes Store and load Covers and so on.

Tried my old iTunes from 10.5.6, same issue.

Is here any solution to fix that?

Second problem:

Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne works, i can play, BUT when i try to click on Lan or Battle.net, frozen up and after 4-5 seconds WC3 crashes. Every time. it was needed to install rosetta to start wc3 anyway. downloaded it from apple and installed it without any error. after this, it starts.

Also copying from 10.5.6 doesn't work, same issue. reinstalled, patched, same issue.

With 10.5.6 on the other hdd both problems are blow away. There it works both perfect.

iam not sure if the both problems have the same source...

Ok, here is what i did to get to this point:

Installed SL from 10.5.6 (iPC Final release)to a new formatted hdd - GUUID method

i used the following files/fixes

kernel is mach_kernel.test7 from modbin

Chameleon rc 2.640 pkg with replaced boot file from netkas i guess?

did the cmos reset fix in my DSDT.aml (with iaslMe.app changed a bit from 4 down to 2, works)

ethernet works after installing forcedeth.kext Kext-Version: 1.0.0d2 (from 10.5.6)

Efi String for GFX (works, can play "call of duty: modern warfare" for example) EFI Studio

Sound works out of the box with usb headset, but onboard sound needed a kext from 10.5.6 AppleAC97Audio.kext Kext-Version: 1.0.0

AppleNForceATA.kext was needed to boot in (waiting still on root device error...) - works

had run marvin amd util on the root folder.

most of the files and the guide i followed was from http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/amd-snow-le...-install-t3727/

specs of my system should be in my sig. atm it is only x32 mode.

any ideas how to fix these issues?

Cheer and best regards karimba