I've released boot 132 for SNOWLEOPARD!

kdetech

83 posts in this topic

When it says press enter to rescan media or something (I don´t remember exaclty what it says there) just press enter then when chameleon starts press F8 and swap the disc. Then press escape and it should change over to the SL dvd. This works for me and the installation starts ok but panics after a while. Seems there´s some kext missing or some "PC uncompatible" kext or something that´s not prevented from loading.

I managed to "almoast" install SL using LTLs method, it made it allmoast all the way through. I noticed when his script (post.patch) was running it said something about uuid missing, maby that´s something to look in to? For some reason I still was able to boot up SL though using the disc from this thread, so there´s got to be a few good things in there.

When I replaced all the needed kexts I even got it to boot up without the disc but for some reason without the disc I could´nt get my NVinject.kext to load properly.

I´m going to do one more try with LTLs method and this time I´ll install PC EFI 10.1 to the drive before I start the install and see what happends then.

It's done!!!!!!! After much pain I successfully made boot 132 SNOW

Thanks Ubuntu linux  :P

Oh and many thanks to chameleon it is included in this boot 132. So it isn't exactly like the traditional edition! This should work but I don't have Snow and have not yet tested it!

What's new from the original is patched dsdt.aml and chameleon loader for efi emulation.

UNFORTUNATELY THIS IS INTEL SSE3 ONLY AND WORKS ONLY ON A COMPLETE VANILLA CAPABLE PC

For others, I am working on a version for more systems and will release shortly. I tried to use dsdt.aml that works only with hardware very similar to a real apple computer. My next release shall not need dsdt and I plan to make it with only chameleon and kexts!

Thank you. It worked great on mine GA p35 s3G. I spent days trying to get rid of KP, with yours it worked out of the box. mine Sl is running like a charm now,just need to fix my Audio.(I hate Al662 codec, it is a pain in the butt)

For some reason I can´t install SL using this but once I´ve installed using good old LTLs method I can boot with it. Hmm this is really strange, but it runs pretty ok so......

Still there´s no way I can replace kexts or add kexts in order to make the computer boot without this dvd. That´s even more strange.

Edit:

Forgot to say if you installed SL the way I did (LTLs method) and use the disc from this guide to boot from you have to stay away from hit enter, go for "any key" instead. Ten when chameleon loads hit F8 for options and then you´ll get access to all your harddrives and also the 132 dvd. At least it´s like this on my computer, if I hit enter only thing I see is the 132 dvd.

@KDETECH,

THANKS!! IT WORKS!!

Unfortunatley, I can only get to the point where the vanilla AppleIntelPIIXATA from the SL Retail DVD loads and causes a kernel panic.

I tried netkas' AppleIntelPIIXATA, I tried LegacyAppleIntelPIIXATA in Extra/Extensions etc.... But I haven't found the solution to loading the vanilla AppleIntelPIIXATA without the kernel panic.

I have an Acer laptop wiht Intel ICH-7-M Raid controller dev 0x27c68086, but the 2 hard drives are not set up as RAID.

If you install to an USB harddrive this disc actually seems to work, I found that out the hard way. To an internal harddrive there´s no way I can do it with this disc. There´s also no way I can boot up without the disc once it´s installed though, not with video working ok anyway. I can boot up but it will only use one of my two videocards though and the resoloution on the one that works is really crappy. If I boot with the disc I can get my two 7300 gs 512mb pcie videocards to work ok. Been trying out a whole bunch of tips on how to install SL but it all Fs up with the video, so so far this is the best guide but.......... Well this SL seems to be a mistery

I actually had good succes using this boot 132 disc installing to an USB (Sata) harddrive in combination with info I found in a few other threads. Not sure if it works with an internal harddrive, I´m going to test if it does as soon as I get a chance and eventually post in a thread of my own, giving these guys full credit ofcourse.

To install SL with this disc I hit enter when it asks if I wanna rescan, then when chameleon shows I swap over to my retail SL and hit escape. That makes it change over to my retail SL disc and I can start the installation. I skip installing printers cause if not I get in to troubles and the installation does´nt work, you can allways install printer drivers later.

Then I found an com.apple.boot.plist in this guys thread and also a DSDT patcher, this guy is really helpfull so many thanks to him I´m really greatfull for the info he provided.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=185823

Check out my last reply in his thread and you`ll find out how I finally got SL to work ok, at least so far it seems it does work ok.

If you can´t do it the way I did maby his guide is the way for you.

Good luck to you all.

Thanks to the author of this thread and the authors of the two other threads I found very usefull info and now my way to get Snow Leo upp to full speed seems to be pretty much shorter than I expected it to be.

Thanks guys

Edit:

Sorry I forgot to post my gear.

GA EP45-DS3 mobo

Q6600 cpu

Sata hardrive

Sata DVD

Iomega USB harddrive 500 gig (Sata HD inside)

6 gig memory

500W psu

two noname pcie 7300gs 512 mb videocards (both working) using 3 displays at the moment.

I´m going to test out if it also works to install to my internal Sata HD tomorrow and report back here and probably also start a new thread if it actually does work.

I found out it´s probably best to install Snow Leo to an USB harddrive, I get a whole bunch of strange problems and KPS if I install to an internal harddrive.

So here´s what I did

(I downloaded this 132 boot disc first ofcourse)

boot up with this disc and when it asks if you wanna rescan press enter

when chameleon shows press escape and swap discs (put in the retail SL disc)

press escape once more and the retail disc loads

press enter

SL installation starts

when the installer asks/give you a chance to modify your install uncheck no printers (you can allways install printer drivers later)

The installation will take time much longer than if you install using a restored SL dmg from an already running Snow Leo or Leo install.

when it´s done it will try to reboot but fail just hit the on of button turn it of

boot up again with this 132 boot disc but this time when it asks if you wanna rescan hit just any key not enter

then hit F8 and chose your SL harddrive

hit enter and finnish the installation

you can stop here but then you´ll allways have to boot with this disc

the harddrive well moast usb harddrives do have a real harddrive inside so just take it out of there and put it in your computer

have to be a Sata drive though check that before you buy

it´s late at night over here so if anyone wanna know the rest I mean how to be able to boot without the disc just reply here and I´ll tell tomorrow how I did it

it was actually very easy once I had my SL up running.

It might not work on other hardware than what I have but I can´see why it would´nt.

my gear

GA EP45-DS3

Q6600 cpu

Sata harddrives (Seagate 500 gig)

Sata dvd

two 7300gs 512 mb pcie videocards (both working = 4 displays)

This did not work for me at all. Nether booting a Vanilla Snow nor booting Vanilla Snow that was already installed using a real mac to do it. The Boot 132 v2 that I grabbed from Noone9 Asus Maxumus Formula guide did not work either. I really do not know if its a combination of having a SATA Seagate Drive and a Sata Liteon Dvd/CD burner causing this or not?

• 2 weeks later...