Slow AFP authentication?

olav

7 posts in this topic

When I connect from snow leopard to an AFP server using leopard it takes quite a lot more time than from leo to leo. I tested from snow leo to snow leo as well, and it is faster as well. Anyone having the same experience or knows how to solve it?

I solved it by changing the authentication from "any method" to "standard" in the AFP server, and now it is as fast as before ;) . Kerberos authentication was slow as well.

Hi how exactly do you do this? I'm having problems with very very slow afp authentication on snow. Guest access no problem but authentication is poor

Thanks

Hi how exactly do you do this? I'm having problems with very very slow afp authentication on snow. Guest access no problem but authentication is poor

Thanks

I'm running leopard server so it was easy to change it in the server admin program, in the AFP service tab. Maybe it's possible to do it via terminal on a regular leopard install, or change settings in some text file. However, the documentation is not great on this part, I wanted to disable the default admin access to the boot volume on another leopard install for example, but could not find out where to edit the settings.

I'm running leopard server so it was easy to change it in the server admin program, in the AFP service tab. Maybe it's possible to do it via terminal on a regular leopard install, or change settings in some text file. However, the documentation is not great on this part, I wanted to disable the default admin access to the boot volume on another leopard install for example, but could not find out where to edit the settings.

Thanks, I'll play around as I'm still unimpressed with the authentication time.