After Pentium PINMod boot hangs

unii

4 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

i'm running leopard 10.5.8 on an HP tc4200 equipped with Intel GMA915 and newly an Intel Pentium M 735 1,7GHz pinmodded to 2,26GHz with VoodooPower 1.2.3 installed and Voodoo Kernel 9.5.0. I have Windows 7 installed parallel so I use EasyBCD for configuration.

When my Pentium M 750 with 1,86GHz was installed Chameleon 1.0.12 bootet up perfectly into OSX. Yesterday I put in my new Pentium M 735 to gain some power through overclocking by pinmodding.

After that I can't boot into OSX. It told me somthing like:

TSC: Reported FSB 133MHz, corrected FSB 46,941MHz

TSC: Verification of clock speed failed.

>> The real-time clock was not properly initialized on your system!

TSC: Freq = 798MHz, FSB = 46,941MHz, bus ratio = 17

I found out, that when i change my boot.plist to FSB=133000000 it will boot up, when the powercord is plugged in.

But when I start it on battery it failes starting. Only way to start is to boot manually with setting again! (still in boot.plist) FSB=133000000 busratio=6.

But then "About this Mac" says I'm on 800MHz CPU not 2226MHz.

And I don't like to manually type boot-parameters when I'm without a powercord.

How can I change it to run without manually configuration?

Thanks

unii

• 5 months later...
Hi Guys,

i'm running leopard 10.5.8 on an HP tc4200 equipped with Intel GMA915 and newly an Intel Pentium M 735 1,7GHz pinmodded to 2,26GHz with VoodooPower 1.2.3 installed and Voodoo Kernel 9.5.0. I have Windows 7 installed parallel so I use EasyBCD for configuration.

When my Pentium M 750 with 1,86GHz was installed Chameleon 1.0.12 bootet up perfectly into OSX. Yesterday I put in my new Pentium M 735 to gain some power through overclocking by pinmodding.

After that I can't boot into OSX. It told me somthing like:

TSC: Reported FSB 133MHz, corrected FSB 46,941MHz

TSC: Verification of clock speed failed.

>> The real-time clock was not properly initialized on your system!

TSC: Freq = 798MHz, FSB = 46,941MHz, bus ratio = 17

I found out, that when i change my boot.plist to FSB=133000000 it will boot up, when the powercord is plugged in.

But when I start it on battery it failes starting. Only way to start is to boot manually with setting again! (still in boot.plist) FSB=133000000 busratio=6.

But then "About this Mac" says I'm on 800MHz CPU not 2226MHz.

And I don't like to manually type boot-parameters when I'm without a powercord.

How can I change it to run without manually configuration?

Thanks

unii

Hi I've been trying to update from iDeneb 10.5.6 on my TC4200 to 10.5.8. Was wondering what process you used and if you could let me know which install version you used in the beginning. I just need to know which versions of First install work (did you use iPC, iDeneb, Kalyway, etc.) with what update method (Apple update, iDeneb, etc.). I think I can take it from there.

I've looked all over for a solution, but haven't been able to successfully update.

Thanks, X86-1138

Hi I've been trying to update from iDeneb 10.5.6 on my TC4200 to 10.5.8. Was wondering what process you used and if you could let me know which install version you used in the beginning. I just need to know which versions of First install work (did you use iPC, iDeneb, Kalyway, etc.) with what update method (Apple update, iDeneb, etc.). I think I can take it from there.

I've looked all over for a solution, but haven't been able to successfully update.

Thanks, X86-1138

Hi again, I just noticed from your other posts that you used iPC. With that question asked, how did you update to 10.5.8?

Thanks,

X86-1138

• 2 years later...

Hi X86-1138,

I hope you will be checking the updates from this forum, I am using HP tc4200 on iDeneb 1.4 10.5.6, I would also like to know how to update to 10.5.8.

I am getting "still waiting for root device" using boot -f -v

I have surfed thru most of the forums but there is no BIOS setting to change to AHCI.

Have you gotten your tc4200 updated to 10.5.8 fine.

Marcus