DSDT.aml kills ASUS WL138g V2 wireless card (solved)

di524up

37 posts in this topic

follow this guide to rebrand your broadcom wireless to Apple Airport Extreme

Thanks for the link. Will try to figure out when I have more free time.

BTW, after removing your sleepenablerkext, do you still have sleep working? To me, the sleep function is important.

@alexkidd

I am keen on rebranding my card but just want to make sure a few things.

Have you tried to rebrand your card? I ask because your screenshot a couple of post showed that you have a third party card.

What's your original and new Subsystem product ID and Subsystem vendor ID? Can you attach your original and new ssb_sprom for reference?

Thanks!

BTW, do you have WL-138g V2 as well?

How important is HPET function? What does it do?

it allows you to load vanilla appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext for sleep and speedstep function....

@alexkidd

I am keen on rebranding my card but just want to make sure a few things.

What's your original and new Subsystem product ID and Subsystem vendor ID? Can you attach your original and new ssb_sprom for reference?

Thanks!

BTW, do you have WL-138g V2 as well?

you can use this as a guide

mine is a 0x14e4/0x4320 which is only b/g so i change the Subsystem to 0x106b, 0x004e

ie. ssb-sprom -i ssb_sprom_copy --subv 0x106b --subp 0x004e -o new_ssb_sprom_copy

after that it will show up as AirPort Extreme instead of third party wireless card

it allows you to load vanilla appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext for sleep and speedstep function....

you can use this as a guide

mine is a 0x14e4/0x4320 which is only b/g so i change the Subsystem to 0x106b, 0x004e

ie. ssb-sprom -i ssb_sprom_copy --subv 0x106b --subp 0x004e -o new_ssb_sprom_copy

after that it will show up as AirPort Extreme instead of third party wireless card

Do we still need dsdt mod after rebranding?

I have successfully rebranded my card to Airport Extreme. However, it is unable to discover networks in both Leopard and SL.

In Ubuntu, networks are discovered but no connection is possible.

I have tried --subv 0x106b --subp 0x004e, --subv 0x106b --subp 0x0087 and --subv 0x106b --subp 0x4318. I believe the correct one is --subv 0x106b --subp 0x4318 according to this page.

It works again if I flash the original ID's.

Any suggestion?

• 1 month later...