Euphonix MC Mix Logic 9 Error

Pizzicato

31 posts in this topic

The problem is that the guide I followed was obviously unique for my motherboard (ASUS P5K-E Wifi) and the guy had already built a custom com.apple.Boot.plist for our hardware and my general ignorance (despite the last 2 hours of solid reading on osx86 in general) is not helping.

In my previous post I just omitted the (what I presume to be EFI strings) computer jibber jabber at the bottom of the file.

However, now that I am more familiar with OSx86Tools would it be a good idea to delete what the author of the guide had put at the bottom of my com.apple.Boot.plist and attempt to rebuild the EFI strings for my graphics card (although my GTX285 isnt listed the author has a 8800GT installed which works for mine to), sound (not that I use it) and onboard lan through the OSx86Tools program? Or do the EFI strings somehow link to the kexts and if I delete the code from the plist will it render my system unbootable again?

Tom

EDIT: I tried to add the ethernet string from OSx86tools but when I checked the com.apple.Boot.plist nothing had changed but obviously it's a special permission file. Just rebooted and no change still? My com.apple.Boot.plist is located in /Darwin does OSx86Tools know this? Or does it assume the user has Chameleon installed with that folder heirarchy?

EDIT EDIT: Well I got an email back from the guy who did the guide for our moterboards this is what he said:

"There is one last thing i know to fix lan. but more i can't help you because i don't have problem on it..

see on attachment for the foto"

DSCN2333.jpg

Obviously he nearly crashed Google translator but could it be that he never modified the IONetworkingfamily.kext to include our adapter? If so this would be an obvious missing piece of the puzzle.

I will try it now and report back.

It's cool man you've helped me a tremendous amount already. I am not accepting defeat so easily though. I will budget in another HDD for my hack when I build it in a couple of days and try to install SL on the new one with my current working SL install on the second drive. This way, I might be able to do a fresh install of SL using Chameleon for starters and being able to use my bootthinked original install to fix any issues. Hopefully this will eventually result in an install much more in line with yours (I will need to patch EFI strings + DSDT etc) and Logic will work!

Anyhow thanks again for your input mate! I'll post back here if installing this way fixes the Logic 9 + Euphonix crash.

• 3 weeks later...

Fixed it!

Here's how...

I used iDeneb v1.4 (OS X 10.5.6) to install Leopard and the Euphonix is FINALLY not crashing on the "starting Eucon Support" part of the Logic 9 splash screen.

Presuambly the problem was in the way the guide which I followed originally (for a vanilla install of Snow Leopard) got the LAN adapter to work. Simply ticking the box under the name of my adapter in the iDeneb installer worked.

Hope this helps anyone else who is having problems with the Euphonix gear.

It should also be noted that I am NOT using Snow Leopard now (even though I bought it haha!) as I need this hackintosh as a pro audio workstation and if it is working with Leopard...well that's good enough for me! I will try installing Snow again at a later date although I might wait for a decent distro.

• 3 months later...

I recently purchased a Euphonix MC Transport.

It worked great with Logic on my netbook but I was unable to open Logic on my p5wdh. Logic would crash on splash screen "Loading EuCon Support". Occasionally I would get an error stating

"Please make sure that both Logic Pro and EuCon are up to date.

Minimum EuCon build: 65916"

after 3 days of trial and error I have discovered that the problem is in my com.apple.Boot.plist file. I use Hex code to enable Quad Video Output thru 2 Nvidia 9600GT cards.

Here is the XML that was created via this tutorial.

http://aquamac.proboards.com/index.cgi?boa...=569&page=1

PLease check my code for errors

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>

<dict>

<key>@0,compatible</key>

<string>NVDA,NVMac</string>

<key>@0,device_type</key>

<string>display</string>

<key>@0,name</key>

<string>NVDA,Display-A</string>

<key>@1,compatible</key>

<key>@1,device_type</key>

<string>display</string>

<key>@1,name</key>

<string>NVDA,Display-B</string>

<key>@2,#adress-cells</key>

<string>0x01000000</string>

<key>@2,#size-cells</key>

<string>0x00000000</string>

<key>@2,compatible</key>

<string>NVDA,sensor-parent</string>

<key>@2,device_type</key>

<string>NVDA,gpu-diode</string>

<key>@2,hwctrl-params-version</key>

<string>0x02000000</string>

<key>@2,hwsensor-params-version</key>

<key>@2,name</key>

<string>sensor-parent</string>

<key>@2,reg</key>

<key>NVCAP</key>

<data>BAAAAAAAAwAMAAAAAAAABwAAAAA=</data>

<key>NVPM</key>

<data>AQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==</data>

<key>VRAM,totalsize</key>

<data>AAAAIA==</data>

<key>device_type</key>

<string>NVDA,GeForce</string>

<key>model</key>

<string>NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT</string>

<key>name</key>

<string>NVDA,Parent</string>

<key>rom-revision</key>

<string>3172a</string>

</dict>

<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x3,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>

<dict>

<key>@0,compatible</key>

<key>@0,device_type</key>

<string>display</string>

<key>@0,name</key>

<string>NVDA,Display-A</string>

<key>@1,compatible</key>

<key>@1,device_type</key>

<string>display</string>

<key>@1,name</key>

<string>NVDA,Display-B</string>

<key>@2,#adress-cells</key>

<string>0x01000000</string>

<key>@2,#size-cells</key>

<string>0x00000000</string>

<key>@2,compatible</key>

<string>NVDA,sensor-parent</string>

<key>@2,device_type</key>

<string>NVDA,gpu-diode</string>

<key>@2,hwctrl-params-version</key>

<key>@2,hwsensor-params-version</key>

<key>@2,name</key>

<string>sensor-parent</string>

<key>@2,reg</key>

<key>NVCAP</key>

<data>BAAAAAAAAwAMAAAAAAAABwAAAAA=</data>

<key>NVPM</key>

<data>AQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==</data>

<key>VRAM,totalsize</key>

<data>AAAAIA==</data>

<key>device_type</key>

<string>NVDA,GeForce</string>

<key>model</key>

<string>NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT</string>

<key>name</key>

<string>NVDA,Parent</string>

<key>rom-revision</key>

<string>3172a</string>

</dict>

</dict>

</plist>

Logic does load if I only use one card and the GraphicsEnable option instead of the HEX, however the MC Transport is still not working properly in logic.

The MC Transport does work perfectly when I do not use the GraphicsEnable option or the HEX. But I get one monitor and Final Cut will not load because of a Quartz error.

My goal is to get all four monitors & the MC Transport working.