Kext´s for Nvidia GTS250?

karbonara

36 posts in this topic

Ian, thanks for the post. My Gts 250 1gb dd3 works.

But i can't use the second monitor (VGA). Detect screen didn't work.

I can select only one resolution 1680x1050.

The 3d are working? i don't now

What can i do?

Sorry my english, i am from argentina.

regards

Hernan

What IanT said: Chameleon's built in enabler.

I've got 10.6.4 running the 250GTS 1GB without problems and without kexts or anything.

If you've been messing around with different methods, you're best bet is to reinstall everything. And do NOT install anything special as far as drivers for video. The standard OS X Kexts work: just enable graphics through Chameleon.

If you manually set your resolution, you're basically hiding the fact the OS can't use the card natively which is why you're stuck at one resolution.

Resintall, use Chameleon, and follow the instructions for enabling graphics. You don't need anything extra.

I've been working hard for the past 5 days to install OSX for my friend's new rig. I searched high and low, and tried many methods to no avail, until now.

He has the MSI Geforce GTS 250 1gb. The only way I could get it to fully work, is if I use the EFI string stated on the 1st page of this thread, and also put the NVenabler 64 kext into Extras/Extensions/ folder. For some reason this combo makes all resolutions and QI/CE work.

If anyone else is having issues, try this combo. Thanks guys for your help here.

• 4 weeks later...

I've got the MSI GTS 250 1G, but I've also got problems in 10.6.4.

QE/CI works—meaning, there are ripples in Dashboard, things render in 3D games and so on. However, every game I run only gets about 15FPS on low settings in SCII and Halflife II (at 1680x1050).

I've tried NVEnabler, aquamac's nvcap guide, tonymac's DSDT guide, and I'm out of ideas. Right now, I'm just using GraphicsEnabler to get by. I even installed that goofy Snow Leopard graphics update.

I know that this card is capable of much more, so I've been trying to figure out what the problem is. Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

One of the most frustrating parts of my Snow Leopard install is fixed!!! Thanks for the referral to Aquamac's post...that was what did the trick. I also updated both of the plists in System Configuration and Extras. That seems to have helped. Both monitors are recognized correctly, at proper resolution, with all the features. I love this site!!! :P:D :D

• 4 weeks later...
One of the most frustrating parts of my Snow Leopard install is fixed!!! Thanks for the referral to Aquamac's post...that was what did the trick. I also updated both of the plists in System Configuration and Extras. That seems to have helped. Both monitors are recognized correctly, at proper resolution, with all the features. I love this site!!! :D :D :D

Do you have dvi to hdmi? and if yes is it working or you getting black screen?

Thanks

I've installed an MSI GTS 250 Twinfrozr 1G and can not seem to get more than 1 resolution (sometimes 1024x768 and other times 1280x1024) to work using any method. I've edited DSDT according to TMX86 with GraphicsEnabler=Yes to no avail. Used NvEnabler 64 and that KPs if it's in either S/L/E or E/E. Used EFI injection via Aquamac's instructions and the GFX tool supplied and no luck. I've used 10.6.1 Resman and Hal files and that's a no go. I'm running 10.6.4 and really need to get this going. Spent 2 weeks solid trying everything I can find. I need dual monitor support. Any help, recommendations, things I haven't tried, etc... would be gold right now. Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...

Hello all! Help, please

I installed iATKOS 10.6.4. It seems everything works fine, but does not change the screen resolution. It's 800x600 and higher does not work. Videocard in the system information is not determined. I have that just did not do I read a lot of forums, installed the kext, edited a strings in com.apple.Boot.plist, turned on GraphicEnabler, finally I tried to edit the DSDT in DSDT SE - nothing works! What should I do? Help me, please

Configuration:

Motherboard: ASUS P5Q SE PLUS

Processor: Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93GHz

Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 512mb

iATKOS 10.6.4

P.S. Sorry for my English ;)

• 2 months later...
Is there a way to enable Nvidia GTS 250 with 1GB DDR3 in SL?

I could not get Aquamac's method to work - I could not create my own GFX string, so I experimented with others on this forum and found one that worked. However, it did not allow me to change resolutions. That didn't matter so much because I specified the highest resolution in com.apple.boot.plist.

After further research, I implemented NVEnabler64.kext. This allowed me to change resolutions and displayed more info in System Profiler. Everything seems to be working...although I haven't tested HD.

• 4 months later...
I am using a

"XFX GS250XYDFC GeForce GTS 250 512 MB DDR3 PCI-E 2.0 Video Card"

and it works near perfect with "GraphicsEnabler", the only thing not working

is Mirroring.

GraphicsEnabler=Yes will not get my card to come up properly - I only get 1024x768.

Any ideas on how to get the rest of the resolutions?

I have tried the kexts for the 250 which has 1024mb and 512 - I have the same card as you do only from MSI.

I have attached the file I used.

What did you do to get your resolution up?

I have mine enabled via DSDT. Here is the code:

Device (PCI0)

{

Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0A03"))

Name (_ADR, Zero)

Name (_UID, One)

Name (_BBN, Zero)

Device (P0P1)

{

Name (_ADR, 0x00010000)

Device (GFX)

{

Name (_ADR, Zero)

Name (_SUN, One)

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)

{

Store (Package (0x16)

{

"@0,compatible",

Buffer (0x0B)

{

"NVDA,NVMac"

},

"@0,device_type",

Buffer (0x08)

{

"display"

},

"@0,name",

Buffer (0x0F)

{

"NVDA,Display-A"

},

"@1,compatible",

Buffer (0x0B)

{

"NVDA,NVMac"

},

"@1,device_type",

Buffer (0x08)

{

"display"

},

"@1,name",

Buffer (0x0F)

{

"NVDA,Display-B"

},

"NVCAP",

Buffer (0x18)

{

/* 0000 */ 0x04, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x03, 0x00,

/* 0008 */ 0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x07,

/* 0010 */ 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00

},

"VRAM,totalsize",

Buffer (0x04)

{

0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x40

},

"device_type",

Buffer (0x0C)

{

"NVDA,Parent"

},

"model",

Buffer (0x17)

{

"NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250"

},

"rom-revision",

Buffer (0x06)

{

"3386a"

}

}, Local0)

DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))

Return (Local0)

}

}

Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)

{

Return (GPRW)

Noop

Noop

}

}

How do I use this code? How would I modify it to read a 512mb card?

I have tried NVInject, that did not work - I am attaching the files I used.

I am stuck at 1024x768. I am wanting to get my second monitor working as well as the video card at full resolution.

Any help would be appreciated.

GeForce_GTS_250.dmg.zip

GeForce_GTS_250.dmg.zip

• 1 year later...