Sata Question

Kevin87

13 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

All these guides are great but I have a question about some sata drivers. I can run leopard 10.5.8 using a 100% vanilla with chameleon. The kext I need to use is a JMicron one. If I do not have this kext then the os will not load and it will just reboot the machine. I cant seem to find a kext that works with my motherboard for snow leopard. I tried using the same kext as I did for leopard but it does not work.

My mother board is an ip35-e

I believe it uses ICH9 but I am not sure.

Graphics card is a 9600gt that works with EFI strings.

And my processor is a Core 2 Quad 2.66 ghz. I cant remember if it was a Q6600 or Q6400.

I believe the only reason I can not boot is because I dont have serial ata kexts that work with my machine. Is they anyone out there that has this motherboard and has gotten it to work?

I tried booting with -v and also -x32 so I could try to troubleshoot but right after chameleon and all the Kexts scrolling by I see a brief black screen then a reboot.

If someone knows a fix please let me know what it is.

Thanks, Kevin87

I also forgot to add that I have no option in my motherboard bios to change the sata to ACHI. I saw that most people were using this method with some kexts to boot, but I do not have any options in the bios for ACHI.

Man it still didn't work. I don't understand why my comp is just rebooting. No one else seems to be having this problem. Im about to just throw my motherboard out the window and buy a gigabyte. I am freaking out here.

what guide are you using to boot?

I have tried every guide here and every single one does the same thing. It seems very strange.

I have also tried yours. It really should work. I have followed your guide and all the others several times to make sure I wasn't missing anything and they all result in a reboot right after chameleon.

Hello everyone,

All these guides are great but I have a question about some sata drivers. I can run leopard 10.5.8 using a 100% vanilla with chameleon. The kext I need to use is a JMicron one. If I do not have this kext then the os will not load and it will just reboot the machine. I cant seem to find a kext that works with my motherboard for snow leopard. I tried using the same kext as I did for leopard but it does not work.

And my processor is a Core 2 Quad 2.66 ghz. I cant remember if it was a Q6600 or Q6400.

I believe the only reason I can not boot is because I dont have serial ata kexts that work with my machine. Is they anyone out there that has this motherboard and has gotten it to work?

I tried booting with -v and also -x32 so I could try to troubleshoot but right after chameleon and all the Kexts scrolling by I see a brief black screen then a reboot.

Thanks, Kevin87

I also forgot to add that I have no option in my motherboard bios to change the sata to ACHI. I saw that most people were using this method with some kexts to boot, but I do not have any options in the bios for ACHI.

Try to set the drive HD in SATA0

Hello everyone,

Thanks, Kevin87

found a solution

this kext

AHCIPortInjector.kext