UHCI/EHCI built in

tapper00`

57 posts in this topic

ME neither. I might have an old pci USB Card laying around.

Should this work, too?

Don't wang to search the cellar for nothing, scared of spiders...lol

@Suri2001... I think you are on the right track. If we could get the keyboard recognized as USB1 I think that would fix the wake from sleep by keyboard issue. And I dont think that would affect the performance of the keyboard one bit (maybe devices plugged into the keyboards additional USB ports) but I dont use them anyways.

Just a note... One the EP45-DS3L wake from keyboard worked OOB. I know its ICH10. I looked at that dsdt (with no USB patch), and there is nothing to help.

Alright.... Still working on wake from apple keyboard issue. But I think we are the right track with the USB1 theory. It is because the keyboard is detected as usb2 that it will not work.

In my bios, under integrated peripherals, I can disable USB2 controller. With this disabled the apple alum. keyboard wakes the system from sleep every time.

Not a real fix, especially if you are using external USB drives (mine are eSATA). Another problem is that only 2 of the 8 rear USB ports on the board work with USB2 disabled.

But I do believe that if someone tried the keyboard plugged into a USB1 hub, that it might work... as far as waking system from sleep.

All this leads me to believe that the EHCI portion of the DSDT could be changed to resolve this. I have tried 4 or 5 different EHCI "fixes" and none have worked. But the answer is out there somewhere... I'll keep looking.

• 2 weeks later...

tapper00`, could you look at this DSDT.dsl from my Toshiba Laptop? I have already cleaned out all errors, sound and fan control are now working. But I cannot get the "black screen when waking-up from sleep" solved.

Your help would be greatly appreciated :unsure:

Thanks,

Bugs

dsdt.dsl.txt

• 4 weeks later...

Regarding wake-by-ehci Keyboard: I found out that some PCI Register entries aren't set correctly, but trying to write to them doesn't work (it should work)

PWAKE_CAP—Port Wake Capability Register (USB EHCI—D29:F7, D26:F7)

Address Offset: Default Value: Function Level Reset:

62–63h Attribute: R/W 01FFh Size: 16 bits No

This register is in the suspend power well. The intended use of this register is to establish a policy about which ports are to be used for wake events. Bit positions 1– 8(D29) or 1–6(D26) in the mask correspond to a physical port implemented on the current EHCI controller. A 1 in a bit position indicates that a device connected below the port can be enabled as a wake-up device and the port may be enabled for disconnect/ connect or overcurrent events as wake-up events. This is an information-only mask register. The bits in this register do not affect the actual operation of the EHCI host controller. The system-specific policy can be established by BIOS initializing this register to a system-specific value. System software uses the information in this register when enabling devices and ports for remote wake-up.

These bits are not reset by a D3-to-D0 warm rest or a core well reset.

For me, i have 00 at Offset 63h. So writing FF to Offset 63h should enable all EHCI Devices to wake the System. You can view the registers with lspci -xxx. If there is anything other than FF at Offset 63 you can try to write the register with sudo setpci -s 00:1d.7 63.b=ff (for EHCI2) and sudo setpci -s 00:1a.7 63.b=ff (for EHCI1)

But on my GA-EP45 i have strangely no write access to that registers, bug i suppose :)

• 3 weeks later...

Tried figuring out this dsdt thing but i cant figure it out...i dont understand why. i have read alot of guide, threads but still cant figure it out.

So can someone edit my dsdt.aml to fix the usb slots showing up as expansion and thus fixing my sleep issue?

dsdt.aml is attached. please replace the .txt with .aml

thanks

dsdt.txt

I am (slowly) mastering the art of DSDT fixing :D

Reading mine (the HP one) is terrible, cause every device doesn't have a proper device name, it's only a hex, so I should find everything basing on the address :(

I started from a dsdt from an HP laptop (6720s) similar to mine, but it does have proper device name.

Hacked sleep notification via lid closing, hpet, now I just need to fix usb, cpu (if I don't use pmdisabler with the second core active I get a lot of KP), power state, and ide.

I got an error regarding USB devices during verbose boot, but Chameleon fix doesn't apply for me.

UHCI fix --> no boot

EHCI reset --> read error (regarding efi bios? )even before booting.

My usb devices are totally different, could you please help me to add the proper fix inside DSDT?

Attached you will find my DSDT, I only edited it manually, since I tried a couple of time DSDT Patcher Gui but if I use that DSDT my lappy will not boot!

P.s. Subscribing!

• 2 years later...