UHCI/EHCI built in

tapper00`

57 posts in this topic

Anybody working on speedstep through dsdt? Found some sites, but values are CPU specific. And dsdt entries vary greatly by motherboard manufacturer. Anybody found anything for the Q9550 on a gigabyte board? TYIA

Check outDSDT - Vanilla Speedstep - Remove _cst errors for MB without C-states

If you install cpu-i (check linked thread) and your board has p-states you can get the values for your cpu easily. You can also use a calculator posted in that thread. I had speedstep working but i think I ended up with a pretty bad stutter case on audio and choppy dock animations. Also sleep no longer worked. Although strangely if I moved my mouse a lot, the stutter went away. Despite all those problems it did transition nicely to the different speedsteps. You might have better luck.

Check outDSDT - Vanilla Speedstep - Remove _cst errors for MB without C-states

If you install cpu-i (check linked thread) and your board has p-states you can get the values for your cpu easily. You can also use a calculator posted in that thread. I had speedstep working but i think I ended up with a pretty bad stutter case on audio and choppy dock animations. Also sleep no longer worked. Although strangely if I moved my mouse a lot, the stutter went away. Despite all those problems it did transition nicely to the different speedsteps. You might have better luck.

Thanks hackcat, Found that thread. CPU-i shows 6 p-states for my CPU. Gonna give it a try. I have SL running so solid right now and if I end up with the stutter issue I will just have to live without speedstep.

Well it turns out the problem isn't with defining p-states but borrowing c-states from MacPro3,1. Using a dsdt with only p-states I don't have the stutter problem, nor do I have problems going to sleep.

I will keep that in mind. I just dumped all the acpi tables on my system. I did not get any cst table though. Also, what processor are you using?

As in you didn't add the _CST snippets?

I chose to avoid appending ssdt tables to the dsdt, so yes no _CST method. You can still declare your p-states at the beginning of your dsdt, there are examples of that on the speedstep thread.

I will keep that in mind. I just dumped all the acpi tables on my system. I did not get any cst table though. Also, what processor are you using?

Using an e6750, overclocked to 3.2Ghz. Have only 3 p-states (x6 x7 x8). Are c-states processor dependent?

I chose to avoid appending ssdt tables to the dsdt, so yes no _CST method. You can still declare your p-states at the beginning of your dsdt, there are examples of that on the speedstep thread.

Using an e6750, overclocked to 3.2Ghz. Have only 3 p-states (x6 x7 x8). Are c-states processor dependent?

Yes, Each CPU is different. mine has 6,6.5,7,7.5,8 and 8.5.

post-31035-1252351784_thumb.gif

Hi Tapper00',

I was able to successfully patch my DSDT by copying/pasting from yours.

Thank you so much!!!

I can wake from my Logitech wireless usb mouse & keyboard but I still cannot wake from wired apple usb aluminum keyboard or wireless mighty mouse.

Have I missed something or is this not possible?

Try it with this patch:

Thank You very much!

Dont want to leave the impression, now that you were so kind to do it for me i dont care to even say thank you, but my internet was down the last days for some strange reason.

So, THANK YOU VERY MUCH, tapper! :wacko:

I was so happy that wake from sleep works, i went to the next store and bought the alu keyboard (wired) and a wireless apple mouse to also spend my (real) desktop that nice Apple look, just to discover that my mouse cant wake up the system from sleep (only apple bluetooth build in and a dlink usb adapter 120 can) and the alu keyboard doesnt do it either!

Should have read the comment that it doesnt work due to the fact that it is an usb2 device. so imleft with pressing the pwr button to wake the system. Bummer!

But thats what happens, if one gets too excited too quickly!

Is there a way to fix this, or did anyone suceeded already?

thx, suri

Thank You very much!

Dont want to leave the impression, now that you were so kind to do it for me i dont care to even say thank you, but my internet was down the last days for some strange reason.

So, THANK YOU VERY MUCH, tapper! :)

I was so happy that wake from sleep works, i went to the next store and bought the alu keyboard (wired) and a wireless apple mouse to also spend my (real) desktop that nice Apple look, just to discover that my mouse cant wake up the system from sleep (only apple bluetooth build in and a dlink usb adapter 120 can) and the alu keyboard doesnt do it either!

Should have read the comment that it doesnt work due to the fact that it is an usb2 device. so imleft with pressing the pwr button to wake the system. Bummer!

But thats what happens, if one gets too excited too quickly!

Is there a way to fix this, or did anyone suceeded already?

thx, suri

I am testing some different dsdt fixes for this. I too have an Apple aluminum keyboard that wont wake the system from sleep. My rocketfish apple mouse does though.

If I find the right fix, I will add it to the original post.

thank you, cant wait!

strange thouh that your wireless apple mouse works and mine doesnt. i mean, i cant wake from sleep with it. its a new model and wake from bluetooth is grayed out in the bluetooth prefpane. ive read that it only works with apple native bluetooth or the dlink 120 usb dongle.

aaaargh!

I assume this fix could be adapted to any non-Gigabyte board with an ICH9/10? I have an Asus P5E with an ICH9 southbridge that I've gotten to work partially. When I was using Leopard, I didn't use a modified DSDT for sleep but I used Slice's modified IOUSBFamily which worked perfectly for sleep AND waking from USB (previous-gen Apple USB 1.1 keyboard).

I haven't found patched USB kexts for SL so I've gone through the DSDT route instead. It's currently patched to fake ICH9 as ICH10. Manual sleep works fine and my USB ports show as built-in but I can only wake it from sleep using the power button. Could this be tweaked to work on my DSDT?

I'd post my decompiled DSDT.aml here but I don't have access to it at the moment. Will post when I get back home.

I assume this fix could be adapted to any non-Gigabyte board with an ICH9/10? I have an Asus P5E with an ICH9 southbridge that I've gotten to work partially. When I was using Leopard, I didn't use a modified DSDT for sleep but I used Slice's modified IOUSBFamily which worked perfectly for sleep AND waking from USB (previous-gen Apple USB 1.1 keyboard).

I haven't found patched USB kexts for SL so I've gone through the DSDT route instead. It's currently patched to fake ICH9 as ICH10. Manual sleep works fine and my USB ports show as built-in but I can only wake it from sleep using the power button. Could this be tweaked to work on my DSDT?

I'd post my decompiled DSDT.aml here but I don't have access to it at the moment. Will post when I get back home.

The fix will work on non-gigabyte boards. Yours devices may not be named USB0-USB5 and USBE and USE2. You just need to pay attention to the addresses.

As far as waking from keyboard and mouse... Are you using an apple keyboard and mouse? They are not working...yet.

Also, do all of USB ports show up as internal? UHCI and EHCI? If you post your dsdt.dsl I would be glad to take a look at it.

The fix will work on non-gigabyte boards. Yours devices may not be named USB0-USB5 and USBE and USE2. You just need to pay attention to the addresses.

As far as waking from keyboard and mouse... Are you using an apple keyboard and mouse? They are not working...yet.

Also, do all of USB ports show up as internal? UHCI and EHCI? If you post your dsdt.dsl I would be glad to take a look at it.

Yes, it is an Apple keyboard. I'd try another one but Disk Utility is in the middle of something so I can't sleep the machine right now to test :S. This same keyboard could wake the machine in 10.5 with Slice's kext though.

Yes, all ports do show as built-in.

I'll try looking at my dsdt myself later tonight but here it is for your viewing pleasure :)

Update:

Well I've tried a few edits. Since the USB sections are somewhat similar, I tried pasting the USB sections over mine. Obviously that didn't work all that well since I got a few compile errors. I also tried adding the "AAPL,clock-id" strings in my EHCI sections. It compiled but the new DSDT didn't have any difference effect. Still no wake from USB (even trying another USB keyboard). Any help would be much appreciated.

P5E_DSDT.zip

@tapper

possible workarounds for our alu keyboard?

1. if we could get hold of an old usb1 hub (unfortunately i dont have one...): Souldnt the alu keyboard work then as an usb1 device and therefore be able to work to wake from sleep when pressing a button?

2. how about a hack, where we force a certain usb port to run as usb1 or not using ehci and plug our usb2 keyboard into it?

good idea?

(no clue, wether this is the right approach, as im not a programmer nor knowledgeable enough, just my 2 cents...)

@apexd

thank you. Good to hear that sometimes even i have a good idea once in a while :)

yeah, something like:

if deviceid = apple keyboard then let UHCI USB Driver take over.

Now all we need is soemeone with more than my basic BASIC "skills" :)

I have enabled the usb fixes in chameleon just for fun, but it doesnt change anything. but perhaps theres something wrong with it anyway (latest build), because also graphics enabler doesnt work for me, i still have to put my nvidia hex in boot.plist – although strangely, it USED to work before...

...so i must have messed something up...