Localization Patch

27 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

finally my localisation patch is ready to distribute. There is only one question: where to upload the file,

cause it is 270 Mb in filesize.

The patch conatains all availlable language files from the retail Mac OS X 10.4 DVD for Macs (PPC).

You can choose from the following languages:

Brasilian Portuguese

Danish

Dutch

Finnish

French

German

Italian

Japanese

Korean

Norwegian

Spanish

Swedish

Simplified Chinese and finally

Traditional Chinese

The whole patch is an Installer to use under your installed Mac OS X.

Just doubleklick it and it will popup like the attached file "Localizer_1"

and than will ride you through the installation process, like attached file

"Localizer_choose_language"

So, if anyone is interested to distribute this file, just send me PM to instruct

me where to put the file. I promise, it works like a charm.

post-7332-1125769022_thumb.jpg

post-7332-1125769042_thumb.jpg

maybe something like megaupload.com could work, but you would have to split the file into two because the filesize limit is 250MB. I know it's slow but looks like there's nothing else.

Or in emule and puting it Powershare release? I don't know, trying to give some ideas...

maybe something like megaupload.com could work, but you would have to split the file into two because the filesize limit is 250MB. I know it's slow but looks like there's nothing else.

Or in emule and puting it Powershare release? I don't know, trying to give some ideas...

I am just uploading it to "yousendit.com".

If i have a link for the file, i will post it here.

Thanx for all comments...

To actually make the new settings apply, I had to go to System Preferences and click the International button, then click and hold the pointer on my language and pull it to the top of the list and release the mouse button, THEN log out and back in.

Nice patch though :)

Aoooowa!! This is so great it should be included in the DVD patcher also  :D

I am currently working on this. But it is not that easy as the standalone patch.

I will keep ya informed when there is a solution.

Meanwhile just transfer it to your patched marklar DVD with Transmac, so you have

it handy whenever you do a re-install. Like i did it this way.

I hope, i have a complete solution ready next time.

I tryed the patch, but it seems not to translate apple menu items, neither preferences items names, also finder and window menu on the finder are not fully translated...so I ended with a sort of spanglish osx lol

To actually make the new settings apply, I had to go to System Preferences and click the International button, then click and hold the pointer on my language and pull it to the top of the list and release the mouse button, THEN log out and back in.

Nice patch though :lol:

To those who are having problems making it "work", did you do this? Also, click on the Format button when in the International menu, to change the way the clock, date and currencies are shown.

Yeah, same here.

Ok, let me check this. I am going to see what went wrong.

Btw: i have a patch ready, which makes the Dev. DVD more compatible to the retail DVD,

means: before it starts, it lets you select the language for the whole installation process. So

all upcomming dialogs and the tools, which you can start from the installer-menu will start

in the selected language as well. Also the following changes have been made:

In the customized Install selection i disabled Additional Fonts, Printers, X11, Developer Tools

and added the language packs. Cause i feel better, if i just select the printer drivers i really

need and i dont need additional fonts, x11 and the dev tools by default. If you need them, you

will still be able to select them.

Made a new ppf-patch file, which is based in the release1 patch from bender, means, you

must have already applied benders release1 patch, than apply my new patch. The bad side

of this is, that the patch is nearly 1gb uncompressed, cause it adds nearly 1 gb language data

to the dev dvd. I dont know how big it will be if i am going to .rar it.

Also i make a final test with a complete installation to see, if all went smooth and correct.

Will keep ya informed, so stay tuned...

• 3 weeks later...