Airport card not detected after install chameleon 2

8 posts in this topic

Hi ..

I had the same problem.. Had to figure out that it was due to the fact that Airport Extensions are primarily 32 bit only.. so just boot into 32 bit arch and it should be working fine... Chameleon's default boot is 64 bit so possibly it is not allowing the airport extension to be loaded..

Let me know if it solves..

Regards,

A.Xavier.

I have the same problem however no matter what I try my system always boots in 64Bit. I've tred editing Boot.plist and booting with -x32 but it always boots in 64

I have the same problem however no matter what I try my system always boots in 64Bit. I've tred editing Boot.plist and booting with -x32 but it always boots in 64

You need to change in the boot.plist in /Extra to arch=i386... -x32 doesnt work for me either..

Just to be on the safe side first boot using " arch=i386 -v " and check.

Regards,

A.Xavier.

LOL I was just coming to to say that once I managed to boot in 32 the Airport card worked. In the end the reason for not being able to boot in x32 was because of a dodgy EFI string for my graphics card.

You need to change in the boot.plist in /Extra to arch=i386... -x32 doesnt work for me either..

Just to be on the safe side first boot using " arch=i386 -v " and check.

Regards,

A.Xavier.

hi thanks it worked but one problem. i cant find the boot.plist file in my /Extra on my snow leopoard but i found it on my leopard partition. what to do?

Its always a safe bet to have com.apple.boot.plist on both /E and /L/P/S ... if you could not find it in SnowLeopard partition's /Extra try copying the same from /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ ...

That should do it.. Anyway waiting for Apple to make Athereos kext for 64 bit..

How can they say its a 64 bit OS if so many extensions are 32 bit ? Weird..

Anyway Glad to help. :D